Team-BHP - Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31890-good-buy-ebay-co-ebays-global-easybuy-system.html)

Hi all,
I would like to buy a Canon Powershot A560 digi cam from ebay.co.in costing me around Rs.7K. Is it safe to buy without looking at the condition or its better to buy from canon authorized dealer in Bangalore?

Please help me.

Regards,
Ramki.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 639076)
Hi all,
I would like to buy a Canon Powershot A560 digi cam from ebay.co.in costing me around Rs.7K. Is it safe to buy without looking at the condition or its better to buy from canon authorized dealer in Bangalore?

Please help me.

Regards,
Ramki.

Had a bad experience with them last time when I bought my Asterix Comics. Lost my money

buy from authorized shop or even from grey market after physically checking the product.
canon india gives 2 year warranty. most of the guys selling on ebay offer one year or even less warranty from their side not from canon.

Stay away. No matter what ebay says buyer protection is a distant dream when it comes to online buying in India.
Better go to the local market. You will find better deals there

From my experience Ebay has been good only for low priced items like toolbox & other misc tools which are in sub Rs500 range. Never ordered anything of a higher price & branded.

I've noticed that you usually find far better deals if you head to your local electronics shops rather than ebay India. specially if you live in a larger city where there are hundreds of sellers competing with each other keeping the prices low.

I guess Ebay India caters mainly to buyers from smaller towns who may not have access to some of the gadgets.

you might try sites like rediff, indiatimes and of course my personal fave indiaplaza

I have bought a lot of books, toys and sub 1k cost price products from indiaplaza and all the products have been good.

there is also an offer (please verify, its your money :) ) that you get 100% cashback on using SBI cards at indiaplaza

Electronics items prices in ebay india are usually higher than street prices , best it to get it from your highstreet market or buy it from ebay abroad .

rarely ebay india has a few good deals.. but when it does,the deals are quite good.. picked up about 4 laptops on ebay (in the last 3 years) tilll now.. had a problem only once where the seller turned out to be fictious

Thanks everyone. I shall buy from their authorised shops itself.

One more thing, as one of my friend is in Canada and as this same digicam costs $184 (with 15% tax) which comes to Rs.7360 their, would it be wise to purchase from their?

Thanks,
RAmki.

I've done extensive purchases through ebay.com, while in the US. I've done deals including a 1000 USD laptop. As long as you know the dealer or have mechanisms to verify the product you're bidding/buying, I've found ebay a good source.

But, no experience with ebay.co.in (in India).

Regards
Rex

Please stay away from ebay, there is no guarantee that you will receive the product you have ordered and there is no buyer protection.

Have had some very bad experience myself with them.

BTW, This is what I posted about Ebay India some time ago. Nothing's changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 639116)

One more thing, as one of my friend is in Canada and as this same digicam costs $184 (with 15% tax) which comes to Rs.7360 their, would it be wise to purchase from their?

There is no harm in buying from Canada, if it is cheaper there. Canon provides world wide warranty. I myself have utilized warranty of a Canadian-bought camera here in India.

Also, if you friend is buying in Canada, you can ask him to claim GST refund while leaving the country. This may reduce the cost. See here for more info: Visitors to Canada - GST/HST refund for visitors

The quality of items being the same, where you buy depends on cost and convenience, I guess. All the best!

i have bought small things like memory card from Ebay India and found it to be pretty good. But here the risk factor is low - <Rs. 1000.

I would suggest to be careful with Ebay - but ebay does have mechanisms like positive and negative feedback. So, if you really do plan to buy on ebay, make sure the seller has very good feedback and almost 0 negative feedback.

Like Rtech and others have pointed out, i too found the price to be higher than local market with warranty and bill.