Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2018, 19:37   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

For those looking for Bose wired headphones, Bose Soundsport In-Ear is a compelling value proposition. Watch my review if considering to buy, and let know what you think:

Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones review - Moneys worth?

Old 5th August 2018, 20:06   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I was looking for a noise cancelling wireless headphone for a while. Have gone with the Sennheiser HD 4.5. It's on the way. I didn't like the way the Plantronics Pro Beat 2 looked and as per reviews it's a tad heavy.
Can you please share your experience with the noise cancellation quality of the Sennheiser? I've been planning to buy one mainly for my office commute, looking for one that drowns out traffic noise.
Old 5th August 2018, 22:47   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Can you please share your experience with the noise cancellation quality of the Sennheiser? I've been planning to buy one mainly for my office commute, looking for one that drowns out traffic noise.
Hi whitewing.

While I have bought them from Amazon for 15K, I haven't yet received them. They were supposed to reach me on 1st August. My package has been misplaced. That is a story for a different thread I am awaiting a fresh package or a refund in the next few days. Hopefully I can get back to you and share a first hand experience soon.

During this time, I have taken the opportunity to spend some more time researching a bit more on these headphones. Most of them are positive. They say they are great for the price of ~ USD 180. And are almost as good and almost as comfortable as the big daddy (ie- the Bose Quietcomfort 35 II). Reviews praise the sound quality. It is apparently not very bass heavy. I did come across a few reviews which said its active noise cancellation ('ANC') is relatively not very effective, while others said the ANC is strong..

That aside, I am not very happy that the price jumps by 100% between the Sennheiser HD 4.4 (Rs 7.5K) and HD 4.5 (Rs 15K) just for ANC. I really needed ANC. Not a lot of choice at this end of the spectrum.

Hope this helps!

Will update back here soon.

Cheers,
Promit
Old 6th August 2018, 09:04   #364
BHPian

Quote:
... That is a story for a different thread I am awaiting a fresh package or a refund in the next few days. Hopefully I can get back to you and share a first hand experience soon.
Thanks! Looking forward for an update. Amazon is the best among the lot when it comes to replacement/refunds.

Quote:
During this time, I have taken the opportunity to spend some more time researching a bit more on these headphones. Most of them are positive. ....
That aside, I am not very happy that the price jumps by 100% between the Sennheiser HD 4.4 (Rs 7.5K) and HD 4.5 (Rs 15K) just for ANC. I really needed ANC. Not a lot of choice at this end of the spectrum.
The Sennheiser ANC ones have had very good reviews, but the dependability of many of those reviews I find to be suspect (many seem to be sponsored), and prefer to get an opinion from a more unbiased source.

Thanks again for the inputs Promit.
Old 6th August 2018, 10:36   #365
Senior - BHPian

Just got my hands on a Beyerdynamic 770 pro 32 ohm headphones. Wanted to get something better but decided not to upgrade my headphone amp for the time being and use the low load variant directly on my OPPO Realme which has a decent output and on my old Fiio amp. The decison was also based on the fact that I already have an open back headphone in the form of a Grado GR80, so wanted to try out a closed back headphone this time.
Old 9th August 2018, 19:22   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Hi whitewing.

While I have bought them from Amazon for 15K, I haven't yet received them. They were supposed to reach me on 1st August. My package has been misplaced. That is a story for a different thread I am awaiting a fresh package or a refund in the next few days. Hopefully I can get back to you and share a first hand experience soon.
Promit, the HD4.5 NC is up for sale for 7.5K in amazon. It makes sense to cancel your order andplaza a new one.
I just placed an order (expected date is shown as 13th Aug), since I felt at that price it is a steal.
Old 9th August 2018, 20:11   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Promit, the HD4.5 NC is up for sale for 7.5K in amazon. It makes sense to cancel your order andplaza a new one.
I just placed an order (expected date is shown as 13th Aug), since I felt at that price it is a steal.
Thank you for the tip. I just placed an order and got a 10% instant discount using SBI card bringing down the price to Rs 6741. I don't really need one now, but the offer was irresistible.

BTW what is this special edition? The regular one still sells for 15K.
Old 9th August 2018, 20:21   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
BTW what is this special edition? The regular one still sells for 15K.
The description in amazon says "The HD 4.50 special edition features a distinctive matte black finish."
Old 9th August 2018, 20:34   #369
BHPian

Quote:
The description in amazon says "The HD 4.50 special edition features a distinctive matte black finish."
Okay. I just want to be sure that it is not some fancy name for "refurbished".

I had tried these headphones at a JB Hifi store in Melbourne. It sounded decent but was not really worth the 16K asking price. But at 7.5K, its a steal.

Last edited by civic-sense : 9th August 2018 at 20:36.
Old 9th August 2018, 20:34   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.

Thank you SO much for this. You have made my day. I would have missed this. Have immediately placed an order for it at 7.5k. At this price point it is a steal and a no brainer. In the meantime, the pair I had ordered on 28th July for 15K, the package has been misplaced in transit. Blessing in disguise? Still chasing them for a refund or the product. The Amazon customer experience for me has been awful thus far. Cash on delivery for me now everytime. Hoping for a resolution soon. Fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Promit

Last edited by promit : 9th August 2018 at 20:38.
Old 9th August 2018, 21:45   #371
BHPian

One point of caution though, even though these are over the ear headphones the earcups are so small, people with large ears (like me) will find themselves having difficulty stuffing your earlobes into the earcups or using it as on ear headphones. Not really a deal-breaker though.
Old 13th August 2018, 22:04   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was this sale for just one day? Can't see it in Amazon. At 15k way out of budget now.

Never the less was looking for a budget Bluetooth headset (with mic) for office commute. Any suggestions in budget of 7-8k? Sennheiser - HD 4.40 BT is the one I am looking at right now. Comes @ around 7.5k in Amazon. Only issue is it doesn't come with noise cancellation. Looking forward to some suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
Old 14th August 2018, 00:47   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Was this sale for just one day? Can't see it in Amazon. At 15k way out of budget now.

Never the less was looking for a budget Bluetooth headset (with mic) for office commute. Any suggestions in budget of 7-8k? Sennheiser - HD 4.40 BT is the one I am looking at right now. Comes @ around 7.5k in Amazon. Only issue is it doesn't come with noise cancellation. Looking forward to some suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
I think two of us here and another friend of mine got the HD 4.5 BTNC for 7.5K on the sale days. It was on sale for 2-3 days if I am not wrong. The HD 4.5 BTNC is definitely not worth 15k, and the HD 4.4 BT is not worth 7.5K. Suggest to wait around for another similar offer or buy something else.

I received my HD 4.5 BTNC yesterday. Sharing some initial impressions.

1. The Amazon/Sennheiser cardboard packaging is extremely putting off. Almost like it's a knock off product.
2. The supplied pouch and aux cable is of poor quality.
3. Build quality is fine, ergonomics are a little off. Quality of buttons is pathetic. Rest of the headphone is fine. Do not personally find any issues with the headband. Have worn it for 2-3 hours for 2 stretches in the last 24 hours. Was reasonably comfortable.
4. There is no way this is worth the 15K asking price.
5. It takes a bit to figure out how to operate it, especially activating / deactivating noise cancelling.
6. Haven't tested mic for calling.
7. Sound quality is good. I felt like there is a certain burn in period required. Bass is not overpowering. Will feel odd if you are used to Sony or JBL. Has less bass than my Beats Solo HD but more clarity.
8. Maximum volume is not very loud, but there is slight sound distortion at high volume sometimes.
9. Can't keep it hanging on your neck comfortably like you would for a Bose QC 35 whose earpads fold in 2 different ways.
10. It's difficult to wear and use, if you aren't in a chilled or cool environment. Ears tend to get hot. Ear pads are on the smaller side. Do take care.
11. Very happy because I got them for the discounted price of 7.5K. Would probably not say the same if I got them for 15K.
12. My first experience with noise cancelling. It only blocks out low frequency sounds and ambient noise. Like a noisy ac, airplane sound or traffic to an extent. Will not completely block out the sound of someone talking next to you or clicking fingers for example.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Promit
Old 14th August 2018, 11:53   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
They seem to be repeating it on every sale. If you are not in a hurry, wait for the next sale. They now have sales every other month or two.
Quote:
1. The Amazon/Sennheiser cardboard packaging is extremely putting off. Almost like it's a knock off product.
2. The supplied pouch and aux cable is of poor quality.
Do you see the possibility that it is indeed a knock-off? I still can't believe that they could sell a real one at that price.
Quote:
. Bass is not overpowering
Which is good.
Quote:
12. My first experience with noise cancelling. It only blocks out low frequency sounds and ambient noise. Like a noisy ac, airplane sound or traffic to an extent. Will not completely block out the sound of someone talking next to you or clicking fingers for example.
It would be scary if it completely blocked you off from the outside world. What if you cannot hear a scream?

Last edited by civic-sense : 14th August 2018 at 11:55.
Old 14th August 2018, 13:18   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

My precious Sennheiser HD800 is a well-used purchase from a friend. The headband pad was completely worn out and the ear pads were showing age too.

I spent around 9k Rs. On spares in UK, and have now replaced all that padding as well as removing dirty from the frame. It looks and feels much better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks