Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 14:28   #526
BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

I was drop dead confused between Apple AirPods wireless charging case and the Sony WF-1000XM3 which many believed including me to be the best earbuds.

But Google lead me to this site BuyGuru and post of best earbuds under 15000 which mentioned Samsung Galaxy EarBuds Pro as the best.
Needless i took a leap of faith and I don't know how Sony earbuds sound but I have been really glad I bought what I did.

I did manage to compare with airpods and the Samsung Galaxy Ear Buds Pro do sound a ton more full and better to me.

Putting it out here because many of us go for Sony, Apple but i do think these Samsung Galaxy Ear Buds Pro are really better.
Edit: i use the WH-1000XM3 and love them!

Last edited by aviral2122 : 30th April 2021 at 14:46.
Old 30th April 2021, 16:39   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need help with Headphones Headbands

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Currently not able to find anything on Amazon.in that can solve this problem and is having decent/good reviews. For same reasons, I don't but any expensive ones such as those from Sony or Bose as they all are plastic based and I am 100% sure of facing the same problem eventually.
Tried here?

https://www.headphonezone.in/collect...rice-ascending
Old 1st May 2021, 01:40   #528
BANNED

Jabra Elite 65t are currently going on sale for 2999 bucks on Amazon and Flipkart. So those looking for these, can buy. For me, I was tempted for the price, but the type c charger unavailability is a deal breaker, given all of my devices have switched to type c charger.
Old 1st May 2021, 22:45   #529
BHPian

Any suggestions for wired headphones/earphones with mic strictly under 2000 ₹ ? I'll be using these for music and the daily stand-up call only. I've gone through this thread but all the headphones are way out of my budget.
Old 1st May 2021, 22:48   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Any suggestions for wired headphones/earphones with mic strictly under 2000 ₹ ? I'll be using these for music and the daily stand-up call only. I've gone through this thread but all the headphones are way out of my budget.
Boat bassheads 900. My son uses it for his classes, tuitions and his entertainment. It's a fairly good performer. Could be a tad too tight for some. Sound is good. even if it's inexpensive!

Redgear cosmo 7.1 is another one.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 1st May 2021 at 22:50.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 22:48   #531
BHPian

Re: Need help with Headphones Headbands

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Hehe, I have been through this and many other points of purchase for headphones. None can solve this problem at present with out breaking the bank
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 23:09   #532
BHPian

After many iterations with other products, ordered apple AirPod pro. Following are the main advantages
1. seamless connectivity and automatic switching between the Apple products : Phone , Mac and Watch
2. Active Noise cancellation

Last edited by greyhound82 : 1st May 2021 at 23:14.
Old 2nd May 2021, 00:54   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Check out the OneOdio headphones on amazon. Sound quality is amazing . You'll feel the fit is a bit tight though at first , will adjust with time.
kap04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 01:04   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
ordered apple AirPod pro. Following are the main advantages
1. seamless connectivity and automatic switching between the Apple products : Phone , Mac and Watch.
Seamless connectivity with Apple TV as well. It’s truly amazing how easy life becomes with the Air Pods Pro if one is settled into the Apple ecosystem.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 12:03   #535
BHPian

Looking for an external speaker with in-built microphone for my Dell Laptop (office provided). The speaker quality is deteriorating, I have lengthy calls to take and using the headphones is giving me a bad headache.

I looked at the Jabra external speaker but it costs a bomb. Any other options under 3 K please.

Connection interface could be either through USB or 3.5 mm jack.

My main requirement is to audio output and microphone access in the same unit.
Old 13th May 2021, 12:20   #536
BHPian

I recently bought the Audiotechnica M-40x around-the-ear headphones. To my layman ears they sound fantastic. However, I do have one issue with the fit.

However loose or tight I make the band, and irrespective of where on my head or ears I place the cups, it presses hard against the mid-lower-back of my Left earlobe (specifically the cartilage there) and it hurts quite a bit.

The problem is only in the Left cup.

To test this, I turned the 'phones around and placed the cups on the opposite ears; and the pressing and pain was on the Right earlobe at the same cartilage.

I would welcome any suggestions on how to overcome this.

The 'phones are not visibly damaged in any way.

Thanks and cheers
Old 21st May 2021, 18:15   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I recently bought the Audiotechnica M-40x around-the-ear headphones. To my layman ears they sound fantastic. However, I do have one issue with the fit.
I have the m40x too among other AT 'phones and I noticed that the AT-Mxx series come with pretty sad ear pads which contribute to the discomfort. Try getting 3rd party memory foam pads from Brainwavz or other decent brands. I got these and the pain near the lobe stopped. YMMV of course and after market parts may affect the sound a bit, so please be aware. Amazon India has these in stock. There are too many variations in human ears and head shapes so some headphones will fit you well while others wont.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 10:24   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I have the m40x too among other AT 'phones and I noticed that the AT-Mxx series come with pretty sad ear pads which contribute to the discomfort. Try getting 3rd party memory foam pads from Brainwavz or other decent brands. I got these and the pain near the lobe stopped. YMMV of course and after market parts may affect the sound a bit, so please be aware. Amazon India has these in stock. There are too many variations in human ears and head shapes so some headphones will fit you well while others wont.
Thank you for the helpful response.

I found it odd that none of the YouTube reviews I watched before buying these (and I think I have probably watched every video there that exists on these headphones other than the ones in Hindi) mentioned anything about this. Anyway, I love the sound reproduction on these - I literally have been hearing instruments that I never knew were featured in some of the songs I am so familiar with.

I did look into some of the aftermarket pads, but none of them listed the M40x as a fit - they listed many other phones (including other Audiotechnicas) but not this one, so I was a bit apprehensive about buying them. I shall continue digging

That said, by now I have sort of become accustomed to the headphones and have managed to find one position where it does not hurt as much; so that is a small saving grace, at least for now.

Thanks and cheers
Old 23rd May 2021, 12:23   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I did look into some of the aftermarket pads, but none of them listed the M40x as a fit - they listed many other phones (including other Audiotechnicas) but not this one, so I was a bit apprehensive about buying them. I shall continue digging
Do be aware that ear cups on the M40x/50x series monitor headphones are the same size and the pads are the same differing only mostly in the material used, and stiffness that is tuned per their sound response and clamping force.

As mentioned before when it comes to headphones aftermarket pads can affect sound quality when compared to genuine parts that are constructed and tuned for the best response by the manufacturer. Unfortunately, with the M series the pads improve significantly as you move up the range ladder i.e.to the M60x and the M70x models.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 12:11   #540
BHPian

Quote:
I tried the usual Boats/ JBL in ear headphones, but as mic was not good, there was always some issue with Skype calls. Finally bought the Logitech H111 wired headphones and been using it for over a week now. No ear discomfort, clear and crisp audio and no call drops ! Anyone looking for budget headphones with good quality, should go for this. Make sure the model number is 111 as it has single headphone jack. And at 740₹ it's quite well performing !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks