Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 12:02   #106
BHPian

re: The Headphones Thread

Got myself the old big daddy - Sennheiser HD 280 Pro a couple of months back from Infibeam.com. Shipping was slow (took over a week to arrive) but the awesome discounts on headphones over there more than made up for it.

As for the headphones, you do take a little while to get used to the vice like grip that they have on your head, but once you do, boy they're comfortable. The outside world just drowns away and you can listen to your music without any interruptions. The bass extension is amazing, but these cans are not for bassheads, as they're studio monitors, and they reproduce music the way it was recorded, without emphasizing any particular frequencies. That means you can listen to them all day long without any exhaustion!
Highly recommended.
Old 9th December 2011, 13:57   #107
BHPian

Hello guys, I am in the market on lookout for a earphone which has excellent Bass.
I listen to Hindustani Classical and Instrumental music.

Suggest me a good buy and my budget is about 2-2.5k
Old 9th December 2011, 14:08   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Hello guys, I am in the market on lookout for a earphone which has excellent Bass.

Hi,

I recently got myself a Sennheiser PX 100 II and the bass is just to involving.
These are supra-aural, meaning they dont enclose the ears but sit snuggly over them. These were good for me because in long listening times, the ears start sweating and sog the headphone covers also. Now such problems with these.

I got them for 2674/- and they are really worth the price in my opinion. Has a warm deep and rich bass. You cant go wrong with these.
Old 9th December 2011, 14:42   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Hi,

I recently got myself a Sennheiser PX 100 II and the bass is just to involving.
These are supra-aural, meaning they dont enclose the ears but sit snuggly over them. These were good for me because in long listening times, the ears start sweating and sog the headphone covers also. Now such problems with these.

I got them for 2674/- and they are really worth the price in my opinion. Has a warm deep and rich bass. You cant go wrong with these.
Hello Racer,

I am looking for a earphone, P100 is a headphone.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak
Old 9th December 2011, 15:08   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Racer,

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak
Hi Deepak, well there is a reason I mentioned the headphones.
I too was on the lookout for earphones with deep bass. But earphones have their disadvantages:
1. prolonged use causes pain in the ear.
2. heavy bacterial infestation compared to headphones
3. Tried many earphones but their bass cannot be compared to the ones belted out from good headphones.

if still you want earphones, do try out sennheiser CX 300 II earphones.
Old 12th December 2011, 11:27   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Iam completely new to this thread and dont have any idea about headphones, well apart from hearing the brand names. Can anyone please suggest a descent headphone for connecting to TV. Iam ok with having a wired one also, however guess viewing distance will be restricted. Else any suggestions in 2K range?
Old 12th December 2011, 20:12   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Iam completely new to this thread and dont have any idea about headphones, well apart from hearing the brand names. Can anyone please suggest a descent headphone for connecting to TV. Iam ok with having a wired one also, however guess viewing distance will be restricted. Else any suggestions in 2K range?
you can get a 25/50 ft stereo extension cable.

EDIT: I have KOSS SB49 and I am quite impressed. It also has mic which I use for my internet calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Hi Deepak, well there is a reason I mentioned the headphones.
Quote:
Hello Racer,

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak
I have both headphones and earphones. While headphones are superior in comfort and quality, you will look ridiculous walking in public places with those on. I keep my earphone in my bag for travel and headphone for home use. I mostly use it while walking on the airports on my travel.

Deepak, it depends on your use. If you are looking for use on the move, I will suggest the sport versions of earphones. I have JVC adjustable sports clip and I will advise against it because the adjustment mechanism keeps making clicking noises. but there are many other in market by sony, philips etc. They stay put pretty well and are comfortable. If you are planning to use while sitting, you can go for high end in-ear monitors.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 12th December 2011 at 20:16.
vivekiny2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 21:32   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I have both headphones and earphones. While headphones are superior in comfort and quality, you will look ridiculous walking in public places with those on. I keep my earphone in my bag for travel and headphone for home use. I mostly use it while walking on the airports on my travel.

Deepak, it depends on your use. If you are looking for use on the move, I will suggest the sport versions of earphones. I have JVC adjustable sports clip and I will advise against it because the adjustment mechanism keeps making clicking noises. but there are many other in market by sony, philips etc. They stay put pretty well and are comfortable. If you are planning to use while sitting, you can go for high end in-ear monitors.
Hello Vivek, I plan to use mostly while at work. I cannot be using the headphones for the more obvious reason that it is more evident to everyone :-). Headphones is ruled out for now. Thanks and Regards
Deepak
Old 13th March 2012, 09:49   #114
Senior - BHPian

I have a Sennheiser PX100 and I lost the ear pad cushioning due to wear and tear. Where can I find the replacement cushions in India? I have found one in ebay (listed in dollars) and in amazon.com. Can I trust the one from ebay? Is there any other seller who has it?
Old 13th March 2012, 21:17   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I hope you are comfortable using IEM(In-ear Monitors). If you are good with them, i suggest you try Meelectronics M6 or M9. Alternatively you can try Soundmagic E10, PL21 which are pretty good too in bass. If you want to spend a little bit more i would suggest Yamaha EPH-50 or Thinksound TS01. I have M6, M9, M21(mic version of PL21) and TS01. I am happy with all.

If you want xtreme bass, consider Xtreme Xplosives by JVC. They are the best pounding bass in lower price segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I have a Sennheiser PX100 and I lost the ear pad cushioning due to wear and tear. Where can I find the replacement cushions in India? I have found one in ebay (listed in dollars) and in amazon.com. Can I trust the one from ebay? Is there any other seller who has it?
Get it from a reputed seller on ebay that ships internationally.

Last edited by chevelle : 13th March 2012 at 21:34.
Old 1st October 2012, 17:25   #116
BHPian

So, I now have the following headphones:

1. Sennheiser HD 518 - just bought. Had a 10% off voucher in Ebay.in and got them for a good price. Still running them in. With FLAC files, they sound very involving with no fatigue at all.

2. Sennheiser PX 100 II - just bought. Wanted 'foldable' good quality headphones which fit in a pouch. Superb for the price - almost rival the HD 518 in some genres.

3. Sennheiser HD 202 - 2 yrs old now. Not as comfortable as the HD 518 to wear - my ears sweat a bit. No sound leakage. Good sound, but day and night difference once I heard 518 - can't go back now to them now.

4. Sennhesier PMX 60 - surprisingly lively - even a bit aggressive sounding. Bit uncomfortable. The foam has deteriorated and has fallen off in pieces. Not happy.

5. Allesandro MS 1: the best still for rock - very musical and alive. But I like the 518s more.
Old 1st October 2012, 17:36   #117
BHPian

I use Sony MDR-V150 DJ headphones.

You can turn around either side of the headphone if you wish to hear from only 1 side. i.e. You can fold away the RHS cup if you wanna hear only from the LHS and vice versa.

The sound quality is pretty good for the price. The cable is very long (1.5m) so I find it pretty irritating. But the earcups are comfortable.

Got them for about £20 from London about 4 months back.
Old 31st October 2012, 11:55   #118
BHPian

I use the following:

1)Sennheiser CX 300- In Ear-Amazing bass, overall sound quality is decent.Have been using it for 4 years now, the sound output is pretty much the same.The cables and the L connector joints have started wearing off.

2)Creative EP 630-Bought them for everyday use mostly while travelling, They r pretty good value for money types (around 900 INR).Bass is punchy enough and I feel the treble and mids are decent too

3)Audio Technica -SJ55-Bought this over the ear cans recently, still in the burn in phase.These cost around 2500 INR and probably one of the entry level DJ style headphones from AT.The build quality is ok, the headband doesn't have a sponge, the acoustic earpads are soft and comfortable, but over a period of 1 -2hrs of listening, it might start hurting your ear (due to the pressure it applies on the ear).Coming to the soundquality, Bass-excellent-not overdone , mids-crisp and clear, treble-a lil overdone but crystal..overall, very balanced sound quality, bass doesn't drown the mids/treble,Really satisfied with the sound output.I mostly listen to house/dance tracks and occassionaly classical instrumental.I would rate these cans- 4/5.

On my wish list-KOSS Porta Pro

Last edited by kicha : 31st October 2012 at 11:56. Reason: .
Old 9th November 2012, 12:11   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

What I'm looking for:

1. Over the ear
2. Closed
3. Wireless (BT or 2.4 ghz)
4. Stereo head set
5. Under INR 15k

Okay, here goes my dilemma:

Am currently using a Plantronics BT headset for calls, watching stuff on the mac, as well as listening to music from my phone at the gym. Its about 4 years old now, and the creaking has started making an appearance with the volume up.

Been searching for something that fits all my criteria and this was the one I see best fits within a reasonable price: Sennheiser RS 160

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-...eywords=RS+160

Question: Will this work off my mobile phone? Like the BT does? And similarly will it be truly wireless with my mac?

- Answer: Yes, the transmitter is connected via a supplied cable to your phone or laptop, which then transfers audio to your headset. Will not juice out the phone when used.

Upsides: wireless, very tiny receiver to carry around on the go (if it does work with the mobile, then I'll drop it into my gym bag/jacket).

Downside: Does not have active noise canceling - very loud music in the gym which I dont want to listen to interferes with what I have.

The other option is to get something specific (all HAVE to be OVER THE EAR only) to each of my needs in which case:

1. One for pure home use with my laptop to watch documentaries - wired should be alright, but I much prefer wireless with noise cancelling. I live in an apartment with a crazy amount of ambient noise around me (kids, honking, trains, dogs, construction activity...god, these are all the noises I'm identifying right now!)

2. One for pure gym use - wireless over phone - noise cancelling.

hmmm...looks like I need the same darn thing for both use cases. Just not able to make my mind up with the Sennheisers. Is there something better? I did see the Bose, but the music quality is supposedly sub-par. The 450's from the Sennheisers are on ear design and I find the on ear ones giving me a little ear pain after prolonged use.

Last edited by Red Liner : 9th November 2012 at 12:40.
Old 12th November 2012, 15:26   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What I'm looking for:

1. Over the ear
2. Closed
3. Wireless (BT or 2.4 ghz)
4. Stereo head set
5. Under INR 15k

Been searching for something that fits all my criteria and this was the one I see best fits within a reasonable price: Sennheiser RS 160

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-...eywords=RS+160
So got the RS 160 within a few hours of posting this SOS out. Very happy with it so far. Totally mobile, and phenomenal sound quality. Blocks out almost all external noise.

Best bit: Can't hear my mom nagging me

But I don't think I can use this in the gym. Its pretty big, and I think the sweat will leak right into the pods. So its gonna be a pure home use unit.
Attached Thumbnails
The Headphones Thread-senn160.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Red Liner : 12th November 2012 at 15:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks