Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2012, 13:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Help : Yahoo Account Hacked !!

All anti virus's have a feature where even a key logger can be treated as a safe application if set by the admin. Reset all your antivirus settings to default and see if anything comes up.
Old 13th July 2012, 09:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Approximately 400,000 Yahoo email addresses and passwords have been hacked and leaked in plain text online. Check here to verify if your yahoo id is one among them Sucuri Malware Labs
Old 13th July 2012, 09:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yahoo Id phished !!

Are you sure your Team-BHP id is not hacked Why because, I could not find how to check an id, if hacked or not, in the site given.

I am on the lookout to retrieve my wife's yahoo id. They seem to have changed the answer to one of the security questions. My strong guess is that she has forgotten the answer, because the question was 'Which was the make of your first car' So, need I not look further to retrieve it?
Old 13th July 2012, 12:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

How I doubted my wifey to forget the security answer. I had retrieved the account with the help of Yahoo customer care. The security questions were asked again and the answer she had was right! So the account was indeed hacked and the security answers changed by the hacker.
Old 13th July 2012, 13:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Source :- My friend..

Don't trust android phones.....

1. create new user profile. (instant relief)
What is android got to do with this issue ? Android is as safe/vulnerable as any other mobile platform. It is a myth that android is unsafe.

Moreover, Yahoo itself is not doing good in security of emails these days. So, if your friend has downloaded a 3rd party software that uses yahoo IDs to compromise security, its not android at fault. It is yahoo and the app. We have to choose the apps carefully and when the app is given permissions to use email, contacts etc its obvious that your information is shared !!

Its better to use trusted apps either in mobile or in desktops. I use linux as my daily OS and trust me, there is nothing better than linux to protect your a** while you surf the web. I have been telling quite a few friends & acquaintances to adopt linux mint distro, but very few listen and they argue Windows feels safe & secure
Old 13th July 2012, 13:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Approximately 400,000 Yahoo email addresses and passwords have been hacked and leaked in plain text online. Check here to verify if your yahoo id is one among them Sucuri Malware Labs
Went into the link and tried to look for the information but could not locate the data.

Can you please let us know where to navigate to and look for in the given link. A little anxious as my primary account is with yahoo
Old 13th July 2012, 21:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Went into the link and tried to look for the information but could not locate the data
Here it is:
Sucuri Malware Labs
Old 15th July 2012, 22:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am unable to see the Thanks Button near Quote Button. Even after refreshing the page, the Thanks Button is not appearing.
So thanking JK Das here. Thanks JK Das for posting the link.
I checked on that site and found one of five yahoo ids is at risk. Other four were good.

I changed the password for that risky one.
Old 16th July 2012, 17:36   #24
BHPian

I am trying to access an old Yahoo Id of mine. Tried the Password reset option, where its asking me questions. The second question is weird, and I don't even remember setting it. What do I do now?

MaSh
Old 30th September 2012, 20:36   #25
BHPian

On 28th September 2012 Friday morning around 10:30am my Yahoo email account stopped receiving new emails. I noticed this behavior immediately because everyday at 10:30 am I get the TBHP daily update emails. On friday, I received only the first email of the series and then stopped. No further emails on that day. I was hoping that is an intermittent problem and would get solved soon. But it was not the case and on Saturday also I did not receive any emails. I was supposed to get some important emails and this got me worried. I checked on the net and many folks reported the same in various forums. Finally I contacted the Yahoo email support by choosing the Live chat option on their support website. Chatted with the support person and after the identity confirmation, they did something to the account and I started receiving emails. But I was shocked to learn that the emails that I was supposed to get for past 2 days will not be retrieved.

Looks like something went wrong with some Yahoo account settings and Yahoo is not yet confirming the fiasco. I don't believe that the account were hacked since I did not see any unusual activity in my account. Also, there are emails in spam folder that were received during this period (though some of them could be with wrong 'future' dates')

If anyone of you have the same issue, here is how you can contact/chat with the support staff.
Go to help.yahoo.com
Choose "Contact us" tab
Choose "Mail Classic"
Click on the "Live chat" yellow link. There might be backlog so you may have to wait.

Last edited by bejoy : 30th September 2012 at 20:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks