Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 17:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I have given up on them. I am asking my bank to reverse the credit card transaction (since I had lodged a dispute against the payment immediately after not receiving a response) to start with. The rest of it will be done after recovering the money.
I think you did a good thing here.

A general question for the sake of my information since I have not faced any such situation yet:
Can you you reverse your transaction like this? In your case, since you already have a few maps, what would happen if your bank decides to reverse your transaction?
Old 27th December 2007, 17:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Can you you reverse your transaction like this? In your case, since you already have a few maps, what would happen if your bank decides to reverse your transaction?
We'll find out. In any case the two maps sent to me are not usable without an activation key which they havent given me yet.
Old 27th December 2007, 17:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have sent a link to this thread to the CEO (via their yahoo group). Lets see if he has any intention of improving the situation.

OT: We are going seriously offtopic here.. There are other threads on GPS accuarcy etc etc.

Anyway, with regard to satguide, I have used the satguide mumbai and Pune map.. Mumbai map is pretty accurate - I have navigated from Panvel to MMRDA (for the Auto performance show) and from there to Sahara star hotel next to the domestic terminal. Pretty accurate driving direction. Pune map, on the other hand is pathetic (<- for lack of a stronger word which complies with forum rules)..

Yet to check how the updated maps are. I have ordered one for Pune about 7 days ago and now I am sitting on the same boat as Steeroid. (order no N5GM-HM59-H3KR-0R5K ordered on 19/12/2007).

Last edited by spadival : 27th December 2007 at 17:49.
Old 27th December 2007, 17:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

==== ORDER SUMMARY ===
Details of your order
Order Number #B68K-S9NK-9V69-OBU8
Product Name Price Quantity Total Amount
3 City Maps
Bangalore,Delhi,Mumbai
Device Id : NA 2,500.00 1 Rs.2,500.00
Shipping & Handling(INR) : 0.00
Insurance on Shipping (INR) : 0.00
VAT (INR) : 100.00
Service Tax on Shipping (INR) : 0.00
Discount (INR) : (-) 0.00
Total Amount(INR) : 2,600.00

No exchange, returns or cash refunds are allowed on Merchandise once sold. Defective goods will be replaced within 15 days from the date receipt, provided a valid proof of defect is given.
Old 27th December 2007, 17:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

i was thinking of satguide thingie for my phone, i think ill drop it and go back to mapking which my dad had purchased.
Old 27th December 2007, 17:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Damn, I am in the process of buying a GPS enabled PDA hoping to use it with Satguide India Map. Now this is depressing.

At the risk of sounding silly, I've found MapMyIndia to be extremely effective; the only caveat being internet speed of the cellular network. It not only plots out the shortest route but also detailed driving instructions alongwith distances, which is seen in the left column of the picture below. And its not limited by any geographical distances; it can be used even for route plotting between cities.

Old 27th December 2007, 17:59   #22
BHPian

I am really sorry to hear about your experience. I got my maps and the software in four days without any problem. I got the activation key for the maps the day I informed them that I had received the maps. They asked me to send them the DID (Device Identification)

Last edited by kumar_ranjan : 27th December 2007 at 18:02.
Old 27th December 2007, 18:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
At the risk of sounding silly, I've found MapMyIndia to be extremely effective; the only caveat being internet speed of the cellular network. It not only plots out the shortest route but also detailed driving instructions alongwith distances, which is seen in the left column of the picture below. And its not limited by any geographical distances; it can be used even for route plotting between cities.

I would also vouch for Mapmyindia. This was my road-guide during the marathon 4300 kms trip through 5 states I did a couple of months back.

The driving directions are good, though at times its hard to decipher the content. Upon detailed scrutiny, one should be able to figure out what is the intent of the detail in the driving directions.

And I hear they also have a GPS device that can be installed in a car. If someone has used this and can post a review, will do a world of good to all.

Here is the link to the GPS device offered by Mapmyindia:

MapmyIndia Navigator - India's choice in GPS navigation
Old 27th December 2007, 18:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

If anyone wants to try some India maps (Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai) in papago software then drop me a pm for a rapidshare link.

Last edited by bigman : 27th December 2007 at 18:58.
Old 27th December 2007, 19:12   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
At the risk of sounding silly, I've found MapMyIndia to be extremely effective; the only caveat being internet speed of the cellular network.
Why do I need Internet connection? I was planning to purchase a plain PDA with GPS, not a phone.
Old 27th December 2007, 19:59   #26
BHPian

Google-maps on O2 Atom PDA phone

Since on the subject, how can google maps be used on existing PDA phones. I have an O2 Atom and would like to make it GPS enabled. Do I need to go for any additional device ? Any experiences ???
Old 27th December 2007, 20:26   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why do I need Internet connection? I was planning to purchase a plain PDA with GPS, not a phone.
Internet on the phone would be required to access sites like MapMyIndia like I do. I like to use my mobile to the fullest.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:11   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
N5GM-HM59-H3KR-0R5K
B68K-S9NK-9V69-OBU8
Is it just me, or do those look like activation keys to anybody else?

What kind of an order-processing system produces serial order numbers looking like that?

It's a shot in the dark... but you could try it.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It's a shot in the dark... but you could try it.
\

Tried it already. Doesnt work.
Old 27th December 2007, 22:11   #30
BANNED

Cannot forget the first GPS experience way back in 2001 while trekking in Drakensburg. My friend shouted: Zak! According to the GPS, We're in Capetown.

In India, it's yet better to ask for direction. This experience emphasise it again to a great extent.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks