Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 23:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

hey steer,
since this is a hyd based company,guess a letter to one of the local newspapers such as deccan chronicle will help quicken the matters,the greviences coloumn of Dc is very effective.

ot: isnt this company a part of the satyam group?

Last edited by aadix : 28th December 2007 at 23:37.
Old 29th December 2007, 00:22   #32
BHPian

Today's timesdrive has an article about mapmyindia's product Navigator. Looks like a much better product as you don't have to buy the maps seperately. The whole package is for 22K. Check it out here MapmyIndia Navigator - India's choice in GPS navigation

Cheers!!!
Old 29th December 2007, 01:33   #33
BANNED

Thanks for the link Nuzzlu!
The stuff looks promising. And as a package, 22k (I'm comparing with 2.6k Steer paid for just 2maps) sounds good and VFM. The hardware is quiet decent and can play music and video. There's an audio out jack using which you can connect to your HU and go gaga! And still not get lost.
But, why not a video out option? So that we could use the main HU for all the video info and this device could be neatly tucked inside the dash or so.

Out of all, this comes from MapmyIndia guys which gives us some confidence and not something what Steer went thru.
Old 29th December 2007, 02:34   #34
BHPian

steer,

since you are in dubai, i can understand the frustration of calling up and not gettining any help from the company and paying international call charges.

if you want, i can follow up with these @$$es. it would be like a free of cost call for me. honestly, i dont have any problem calling them up again and again and chew their brains off.

let me know the details and ill see what can be done. and please don't hesitate. we all are here to help each other.

im quite used to all this as im having trouble with my pre loaded vista notebook.

cheers
clip
Old 29th December 2007, 15:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Looks like satguide has finally woken up to this problem. I got a call today from a satguide rep apologising for the delay in processing the order. And they have sent me the links to download the maps and also asked me to send the device id. Lets see how it goes from here.

Steeroid, Any updates at your end?
Old 29th December 2007, 16:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Looks like satguide has finally woken up to this problem. I got a call today from a satguide rep apologising for the delay in processing the order. And they have sent me the links to download the maps and also asked me to send the device id. Lets see how it goes from here.

What are the d/l links for the maps.
Old 29th December 2007, 16:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I got an unsolicited lecture on patriotism from their MD/Founder/CEO, including how Indians living abroad can never appreciate an Indian company and the fact that they are returning my money. I've asked them not to mix up issues and sort out their internal issues and return my money before giving me free lectures on subjects I can teach them a few things about.

I was offered 8 free maps with a software purchase. I have declined as I have pretty much had enough with this company - they have the gall to give me lectures after not bothering to provide service for 3 months.

As with any other Indian setup there will be a witchhunt and a sacrificial goat will be slaughtered at the altar of customer service. Then they will forget about it and get back to their sloppy ways till someone writes to the CEO/MD again.

If an organization can only respond when the head honcho is written to, it indicates a total disconnect between professed objectives and actual practice.
Old 29th December 2007, 16:30   #38
BHPian

I am a satguide user

I am using satguide map and destinator since 2-3months now.
I bought it from itemsofdesire.com and there response was very good.
I made the payment and the very next day i got my gps receiver and satguide stuff. and within 24hrs of the delivery, i got the activation key (you have to provide the device id to get the activation key)

I did all these through itmesofdesire and no direct link through satguide untill recently when i got the updated delhi map from them.

it is really unfortunate that you faced so many troubles. pls get in touch with [COLOR=#00681c]Bhanupriya_Katrapally[/COLOR][COLOR=#888888] bhanupriya@satnavtech.com[/COLOR]
I am sure she will help you out..

regards
Gaurav
Old 29th December 2007, 21:16   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
As with any other Indian setup there will be a witchhunt and a sacrificial goat will be slaughtered at the altar of customer service. Then they will forget about it and get back to their sloppy ways till someone writes to the CEO/MD again.

If an organization can only respond when the head honcho is written to, it indicates a total disconnect between professed objectives and actual practice.
When there is a failure on part of a member of the team, the erring member should definitely go out.

But when the entire team fails, it is the captain and the coach who are given the boot.
Old 30th December 2007, 10:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was offered 8 free maps with a software purchase. I have declined as I have pretty much had enough with this company - they have the gall to give me lectures after not bothering to provide service for 3 months.
wow... 3 months wait and then a lecture !! Thats like adding insult to injury. Sometimes these people forget that they are the sellers and we are the customers !!

As someone said here, ITEMS OF DESIRE has the exact opposite attitude to customer service. When my order for BT GPS got delayed, they called me up immediately within 24 hours, explained the reason for the delay and offered to pay back the money.

Quote:
Yeah... Seems like exceptions are becoming the rule here in this case. CEO obviously cannot look at every order nor will many customers try to contact the CEO to resolve their problem. They will just take their business elsewhere.
Old 30th December 2007, 10:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

And on top of that they have the ***** to come on to our site & try to market their products! Beat that!!
Old 30th December 2007, 11:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravchawla View Post
it is really unfortunate that you faced so many troubles. pls get in touch with Bhanupriya_Katrapally bhanupriya@satnavtech.com[/COLOR]
I am sure she will help you out..

regards
Gaurav
She was among the dozen odd people I have written to over the past 3 months.
Old 30th December 2007, 11:18   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And on top of that they have the ***** to come on to our site & try to market their products! Beat that!!

Whats that all about ?
Old 30th December 2007, 12:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Just got confirmation that the refund has been processed and should reflect on my credit card within 48 hours.

Thank you spadival for forwarding the thread to their MD. Next time you plan to buy from Satnav, please buy from the MD, follow up with him for delivery and contact him for customer service and for disputes. Nothing else seems to work.

I know the last remarks could be read as uncharitable after the refund was processed, but hey thats free advice in return for the free lecture!

PS: I'm quite looking forward to buying that Mapmyindia navigator. As soon as I get rid of my TomTom OneXL that has no map capability for India

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th December 2007 at 12:11.
Old 30th December 2007, 12:19   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Internet on the phone would be required to access sites like MapMyIndia like I do. I like to use my mobile to the fullest.
Does that mean their navigator doesn't work if there is no network connectivity? I want to chart my own route through local mud trails and superimpose them on the map. That's not possible with this?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed