Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2005, 19:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02
You dont require any drivers for connecting the usb canon digi cam. just uninstall the old drivers which you loaded and reboot the comp. plug the cam switched on to the usb using the usb cable. It will say usd device found and installing. it will install and you will find a new removeable drive in the my computer.
this should work fine, but I don't think it should make a difference if the USB drivers are installed or not installed. But you won't lose anything trying.
Old 6th January 2005, 08:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
its not that way, my camera Sony DSC/W1 was launched after XP was created. XP has a standard driver for all cameras. It automatically detects them no matter what model or make. Same goes for USB Flash Cards or USB drives and other USB devices.
Thats intresting. I have used G3 andDigital Rebel with xp. And in both cases the xp didnt recognise them with installing the driver. May be canon is not following some standard???
Old 6th January 2005, 11:35   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hey Shan2,

I have an A400 as well and never had any probs with either my work PC or my laptop.

In my laptop I never bothered loading the Canon software as it detected the cam as soon as I plugged it in.

Have you managed to sort out your prob yet?

Rt
Old 6th January 2005, 17:47   #19
BHPian

rtech, shan2nu,
i am considering buying the canon a400 for my sister, but had no first hand feedback. Am also getting a sony cybershot dscp43(4.1 mega-pixel, 3x optical zoom) for the same price.
which of the two would you guys recommend? how has been your experience with the a400?
Old 6th January 2005, 18:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_lath
rtech, shan2nu,
i am considering buying the canon a400 for my sister, but had no first hand feedback. Am also getting a sony cybershot dscp43(4.1 mega-pixel, 3x optical zoom) for the same price.
which of the two would you guys recommend? how has been your experience with the a400?

Hey Sid,

I've had the A400 for a few months now. Exchanged an almost new Nikon 2200 for this.
Pros:
Great outdoor shots in good light.
Inexpensive camera...relatively speaking
Decent set of features including a few manual controls
Easy to use menu system
Panorama assist feature

Cons:
Not very consistant indoor pictures
Not consistant outdoor pics is it is a very dull day
Flash range is extremely limited, but this is a common feature for all small cams.
Rather large and boxy looking
Sensitive to handshake when taking night shots

Take a look at some of my pics which I have taken. Check out the "original Images" thread, or the recent one with the lexus, but remember that these were cut down and their resolution lowered to make it easier to view.

Compared to the P43, the Canon is way better. The P43 has no optical zoom (only a 3x digital zoom which is worthless) and no manual controls. However the Sony is much smaller and better looking, and would make a great point-n-shoot cam if your sis is looking for a fun cam and not really into anything serious. Also good if she's not much of a techie.

Rt
Old 6th January 2005, 19:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_lath
rtech, shan2nu,
My cam is brand new. i still haven't seen the real quality of the pics on my comp, so i can't comment. But, i watched few vids on TV and they weren't that impressive.

Good for the Digicam, but nowhere close to what a movie Digicam would be able to do.

i was pretty impressed witht the Vid quality of Rehaan's cam. Link

Shan2nu
Old 6th January 2005, 20:58   #22
Team-BHP Support

Hey Shan,

Try it with new batteries.
Try it on another USB port.
Try uninstalling the canon software and using the inbuilt XP drivers.

As people have said, with winXP its not neccessary to install the drivers, however on some cameras (and maybe XP SP1) you can only download pictures (not video). And on most cameras (esp digital SLRs) you may not be able to download the RAW images without the software installed.

If the problem persists, try with someone elses USB cable, or with your cable on some1 elses computer.

cya
R
Old 6th January 2005, 23:04   #23
BANNED

is the a400 better than the nikon 4100. i know the mp is different but still. im mostly going in for nikon.
Old 7th January 2005, 11:25   #24
BHPian

Why don't you get yourself a card reader? You can get one for about Rs. 500 and then you can simply pop your card in and access the contents.
Old 9th January 2005, 22:43   #25
BHPian

rtech, shan2nu,
thanks for the feedback.
have bought the a400. my sis seemed more inclined towards the canon
Old 10th January 2005, 18:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ok i was finally able to download all the files from the Cam onto my comp. The prob was with the charge in the cells. With new cells, the comp instantly detected the Canon A400 and i used the XP software to download all the pics and guess what, it managed to download the 3 vids too.

Picture clearity is ok, but nowhere as sharp as my uncles Kodak 4 MP, video quality is hopeless, best results can be seen on a screen size of some 2" by 4", that's it. Beyond that, it gets pixelated (unless there is a resolution setting for video recording on the cam). Will have to check on that.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks