Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 14:11   #46
BHPian

Price Check!!!

Sudden change of plans...I might get a better laptop from the US...can anyone suggest a good price for me to sell this (I have NOT yet decided to sell it, though! I dont feel like parting with this!)

Dell.co.in shows a price of Rs.76,313 for this config. I got it for 58K through a Dell employee. I can even sell it for a premium cant I?

Last edited by gopz : 25th January 2008 at 14:20.
Old 25th January 2008, 14:30   #47
BHPian

What are you thinking of buying?
My heart is still set on a Sony TZ. I just need to get a decent price on my IBM T43p.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:59   #48
BHPian

Same model with better specs
Old 26th January 2008, 15:41   #49
BANNED

A friend of mine has a xps1210 brand new box packed . He bought it from dubai and the laptop dosent have any warranty . Anyone interested PM me .

With regard to sony vs dell , I would any day rate a laptop based on performance . My vote goes for dell . If dell were to manufacture washing machines ,I would buy one though . I prefer sony walkmans ,not sony computers .

I use a inspiron 700m and I have no issues with the battery as well . my laptop is around 2.5 yrs old .
Old 26th January 2008, 16:08   #50
BANNED

"[ If dell were to manufacture washing machines ,I would buy one though . I prefer sony walkmans ,not sony computers . "

I wouldnt buy one though . I prefer sony walkmans ,not sony computers .

sorry for ther typo
Old 20th May 2008, 19:26   #51
BWN
BHPian

I am using XPS M1210 and its awesome. It runs on Vista Home premium 1 GB RAM which is a bit slow, but i can live with it. Planning to upgrade the RAM soon.

Reliability is good and its pretty good for rough handling as well. I frequently travel with my laptop and its working fine.
Old 21st May 2008, 00:46   #52
BHPian

I am using it from the last couple of months and its fantastic and the red color looks amazing . The only drawback is that the 6 cell battery doesnt last long and the 9 cell battery is too bulky ..
Old 21st May 2008, 19:01   #53
BHPian

The 9 cell on my XPS m1330 lasts for around 5 hours with WiFi on 100% of the times. Its not that bulky but in fact I like the elevated bottom which allows better cooling and also better ergonomics because the typing angle will be elevated.
Old 27th May 2008, 01:08   #54
BHPian

Agreed , 9 cell lasts preety long but it increases the weight by .6 kgs(aprx) and that hurts becos one of the prime reasons why i bought this lappy was for its size and weight cos i mostly use it outdoors ... when indoors even i prefer the 9 cell .
Old 31st May 2008, 15:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Had an opportunity to use a friends Thinkpad yesterday - And again I was reminded of the fact that there is NO better keypad than the ones found on the Thinkpads. The are just brilliant!! (IMHO)
Old 1st June 2008, 19:15   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Had an opportunity to use a friends Thinkpad yesterday - And again I was reminded of the fact that there is NO better keypad than the ones found on the Thinkpads. The are just brilliant!! (IMHO)
I couldn't agree any more. I frequently use a Dell, Compaq & Thinkpad.....the thinkpad keyboard is miles ahead of the others. The feel is super.
Old 1st June 2008, 21:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
I couldn't agree any more. I frequently use a Dell, Compaq & Thinkpad.....the thinkpad keyboard is miles ahead of the others. The feel is super.
yup ,that is the reason I went for a Thinkpad T60 . One of the best there is.
Old 19th July 2012, 12:34   #58
BHPian

Re: Dell XPS M1330 Lappy

Hey all,

My brother got his XPS M1330 in 2008. The batteries died out a couple of months ago and we were relying on the adapter to keep it running. Today morning, even that went bust!

Question is, is it a good idea to replace the batteries and the adapter or just buy the adapter since it's more of a desktop replacement rather than on-the-go use.

Thanks for your help.
Old 19th July 2012, 17:02   #59
BHPian

Tejus,

I am in the same position as your brother. In my case the Dell M1330 came with nVIDIA GeForce card

1. which makes the whole unit run real hot. It starts clocking after sometime as well. I use a cooling pad to reduce the heat
2. As a result of prolonged heat my keypads are no longer usable. Some keys do not work.
3. The battery adapter is no longer recognized even though I am using the same adapter the machine came with. So it used to say "Plugged in, not charging".
4. Bought a replacement adapter which also went kaput.
5. Now the battery is gone as well. So no machine is switched on only when plugged in.
6. As the machine had been switched off when there is frequent power cut the vista install got corrupted. Now I run Ubuntu on it.

Search for this model reveals class action lawsuit to replace the graphic processor. I cannot replace mine as it is now out of warranty. Whoever said Dell are built to last needs to be gifted this model

So I now need to buy an adapter + battery + service the keyboard. Thinking of junking it and buying a tablet
Old 19th July 2012, 17:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Tejus,

I am in the same position as your brother. In my case the Dell M1330 came with nVIDIA GeForce card

1. which makes the whole unit run real hot. It starts clocking after sometime as well. I use a cooling pad to reduce the heat
2. As a result of prolonged heat my keypads are no longer usable. Some keys do not work.
3. The battery adapter is no longer recognized even though I am using the same adapter the machine came with. So it used to say "Plugged in, not charging".
4. Bought a replacement adapter which also went kaput.
5. Now the battery is gone as well. So no machine is switched on only when plugged in.
6. As the machine had been switched off when there is frequent power cut the vista install got corrupted. Now I run Ubuntu on it.

Search for this model reveals class action lawsuit to replace the graphic processor. I cannot replace mine as it is now out of warranty. Whoever said Dell are built to last needs to be gifted this model

So I now need to buy an adapter + battery + service the keyboard. Thinking of junking it and buying a tablet
You are still safer. I have lost my mother board due to the same chip. I had a HP TX1003AU (now a thinkpad and peaceful life). Graphics card was nvidia Geforce 620. Awful. Did you try cleaning up your internal cooling fan. Mine had a lost of dust. It helped a bit. If you google this series of graphics card, you will see innumerable complaints.

Last edited by 999 : 19th July 2012 at 17:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks