Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 22:31   #31
BHPian

New MacBook Air leaked ?

Oh oh oh I can already see all Apple fans drooling - well, I don't blame you - this new Macbook does look interesting no doubt !

Source - Install or Not | Featured News: Exclusive – The New 2012 Macbook Air Images
Old 3rd August 2020, 00:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apple - MacBook Air

Waking up an old thread.

I recently repaired a couple of older laptops, then turned my attention to the Air that had died a few years ago.

Apple support said the logic board needs to be replaced, as did a local repair company. They quoted 40k and 28k respectively.

I saw that logic boards with the same specs are available in the US for the equivalent of around 14k, so I’d like to source one to save a few rupees and utilise my time better.

Anyone have any tips on how and from where to source one?

Please note that I have seen them available from China via the two Ali... sites, but they aren’t delivering to India at the moment. I’m not sure I’d order from them anyway, even though I know that regardless of where I get one from it would be made there
Old 3rd August 2020, 00:35   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Anyone have any tips on how and from where to source one?

Please note that I have seen them available from China via the two Ali... sites, but they aren’t delivering to India at the moment. I’m not sure I’d order from them anyway, even though I know that regardless of where I get one from it would be made there
Given the general situation, I would suggest to postpone this by a few months if you can. Atleast till the commercial air traffic is resumed. You can then ask someone to carry it down for you rather than getting it shipped.

That said, if you are able to find a reliable shipping option, make sure to not under invoice or mark it as gift. I hear customs are increasingly vigilant these days about incoming items.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd August 2020 at 08:59. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 12th August 2020, 02:30   #34
BHPian

Re: Apple - MacBook Air Staingate

There has been an issue in MacBook Pro and Air that the screen overtimes becomes blotched and smudgy due to removal some kind of coating.
Have any fellow members experienced the same?
Also would a screen protector help prevent this?

Link Verge

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...wDKzvpE4TK9BJ2
Old 12th August 2020, 18:44   #35
BHPian

Re: Apple - MacBook Air Staingate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
There has been an issue in MacBook Pro and Air that the screen overtimes becomes blotched and smudgy due to removal some kind of coating.
Have any fellow members experienced the same?
Kindly refer the post below. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
I have gotten my display replaced due to staingate in india only. Service programs do work and if your device is eligible, do visit authorised service centre and they will get it done free of cost.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 19:06   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone got their SSD upgraded in MacBook Air?
Old 13th March 2022, 11:53   #37
BHPian

Hi - I have a MacBook Air M1 2021 model. It has started to hang-up a little, which is strange as most of my data is on OneDrive and only major app that I have is my MS Outlook. I just wanted to check if there is anything similar to Window's disk clean up etc. which can help delete the caches, temporary files etc.
Old 29th March 2022, 14:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi - I have a MacBook Air M1 2021 model. It has started to hang-up a little, which is strange as most of my data is on OneDrive and only major app that I have is my MS Outlook. I just wanted to check if there is anything similar to Window's disk clean up etc. which can help delete the caches, temporary files etc.
Hi, if it's 2021, I believe it's under warranty. Take it to apple support, maybe they can help with it. (free of cost)

While I don't suggest apps like CleanMyMac, there are a lot of YouTube tutorials that can help you with it. a few things that can help:
1. Force restart
2. Reset NVRAM (cache and all of that.) - Shut down. Press power button; hold option + command + P + R
3. Youtube/Google and check the required steps and commands to use terminal and reset cache data and all minor setting.

Sorry, not sure about proper commands since I have 2020 Pro with 16GB Intel!
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks