Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 22:10   #16
BHPian

There are a few people doing the Dreambox but my experience in dealing with them shows that they are fraud.

Another question, does the dreambox work with Sky in UK?

Last edited by SumitB : 21st November 2008 at 22:12.
Old 21st November 2008, 22:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
There are a few people doing the Dreambox but my experience in dealing with them shows that they are fraud.

People use it to cardshare. If you want sky multibox then Sky charge for it (I think £10 a month). With a dreambox you can set it up to share the card to as many dreamboxes as you want.

The other plus of the dreambox is that you can have it connected via a diseqc so you can get a few other stellites eg hotbird 13E , 19.2E etc etc. You can cardshare with people on the net so you get access to hundreds of encrypted channels at 13E and 19.2E.

You may be able to have a similar setup in India and share say dish tv, tatasky with the someone who has card for reliance or one of the other prividers in india. Not sure if it would work as well in india as the different providers carry many of the same channels so you may just be replicating. But you may be able to cardshare with someone with access to arab channels or SE Asian channels.
Old 22nd November 2008, 00:05   #18
BHPian

I am in touch with a few people who have cardsharing going on for TataSky and DishTV. They are using the dm500 to do it. Also a few people are now experimenting with DVB cards and have some success with it for TS and DishTV. Airtel and BigTV have not been experimented with as yet.
Old 26th November 2008, 18:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post

See if you can get a Technomate 9100 then. It is a linux receiverr /pvr which you use to cardshare etc.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:00   #20
BHPian

Using DishTV DVR for last 2 years

I have been using DishTV DVR for last two years. I had to go to their head office to purchase one at that time. At 15.5K it was way expensive, but now two years down the like I think I enjoyed it a lot.
It's not very reliable and well designed, it hangs/ reboots/ heat shutdown at times. But still working !!!
Old 15th August 2013, 08:46   #21
BHPian

Cowon DVR??

Does anybody on the forum have experience/familiarity with this product? how does it compare to cheaper DVR solutions available elsewhere?

http://www.cowonindia.in/Products/Me...d-1822691.aspx
Old 15th August 2013, 15:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cowon DVR??

Not heard of the above before. Size looks really handy but for that money, i guess you can also get Go Pro Cams which are suppossed to be really good and reliable.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 17:47   #23
BHPian

Re: Cowon DVR??

Cowon as a brand per se has been around in the international market for a while , You can find numerous products from them in the T3 magazine, however the product your asking no idea.
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 12:03   #24
BHPian

Re: G1WH issues

Any G1WH DVR users here?

I have few queries regarding the card to be used on this device. The manual says 'TF Card' for better performance, and i don't know where one can get the same. Right now, using a microSD card(class 4).

Also, the DVR keeps shifting position while on drive. Is there anyway we can keep it in one position?

It outputs multiple files on a single drive. I sense this might be coz of motion detection. Is there tool, which we can use to join these files(.mov)?

Last edited by JMaruru : 4th March 2015 at 12:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks