Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2020, 06:36   #136
BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
On the cleaning front, I am mighty impressed.
Pretty much my thoughts what you have mentioned in your post. I have picked up a used 671, wrote it as 675 by mistake. Got a rarely used, decent deal from Olx and the gentleman seemed trustworthy. Air quality is visibility better, even my air purifier is running several readings below usual. My wife who was skeptical before she saw it working, has now set her eyes on the higher model.
Old 29th June 2020, 08:05   #137
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Any pics of the Robot? I'd seen a Roomba long back, but that was abroad. I think this brand originally belonged to either Hitachi or Toshiba, (one of these giants), and was later sold off/hived off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
On the cleaning front, I am mighty impressed. The amount of dust it picks up from an already swept floor is an eye-opener.
Old 30th June 2020, 00:40   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Any pics of the Robot? I'd seen a Roomba long back, but that was abroad.
Here you go
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-img_20200629_143605.jpg

And this is a couple of days' collection
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-img_20200629_143517.jpg
Jaguar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 09:52   #139
Senior - BHPian

Many are receiving their mi Robotic cleaner in September. My friends have booked too. Is there reason to worry if those will actually get delivered, given the anti-china stance right now and expected road blocks (many shipments from china are actually stuck at ports and even alixpress is wary of servicing India, due to delays). Are these robots made-in-India or imported from China?
Old 30th June 2020, 14:38   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Many are receiving their mi Robotic cleaner in September. My friends have booked too. Is there reason to worry if those will actually get delivered, given the anti-china stance right now and expected road blocks (many shipments from china are actually stuck at ports and even alixpress is wary of servicing India, due to delays). Are these robots made-in-India or imported from China?
From their project timeline I see they'll be BIS certified. So we can assume the products will be manufactured in India, the factory is inspected and a sample product is tested as mandated by BIS. Of course part delays may happen because of the hold up.

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-imarkup_20200630_143221.jpg
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 15:45   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
From their project timeline I see they'll be BIS certified. So we can assume the products will be manufactured in India, the factory is inspected and a sample product is tested as mandated by BIS
I think they will be importing it from China and getting it BIS approved under foreign manufacturer category for now. Once they gauge the market response, they might go for local assembly at a later date. Someone here pointed out that they were quite short of their crowd funding target and ended the campaign abruptly. Their shipping time from factory is 4 weeks which is standard shipping time from China. Indian manufacturing is mainly reserved for mobile/tv.
Old 30th June 2020, 15:58   #142
BHPian

BIS does not mean manufactured in India - it just means that the product adheres to BIS standards.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 17:08   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
I think they will be importing it from China and getting it BIS approved under foreign manufacturer category for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
BIS does not mean manufactured in India - it just means that the product adheres to BIS standards.
I see. The attractive pricing and the "Made in India" marketing on the Mi app had me believe this will be manufactured in India.

In that case, a big waiting period may be ahead for those of us who have booked it.
Old 1st July 2020, 14:19   #144
BHPian

Has anyone tried out this brand ? Pal and Paul ?
it is an Indian company

Pal and Paul

Any review / feedback would be helpful.
Old 2nd July 2020, 09:34   #145
KPR
BANNED

One more product is being sold in amazon. Ecovacs Deebot 500 at close to INR 16000 with 4.1 rating user reviews. Any user here? It has only dry mopping function though.
Old 3rd July 2020, 10:42   #146
BHPian

I am using this for the last one month - Eufy RoboVac. Works decently in my opinion its sold out at the moment haven't tried any other brands but if my mother is happy with it and uses it daily its an achievement for sure.

https://www.amazon.in/Eufy-RoboVac-S.../dp/B01LYCLS24
Old 3rd July 2020, 10:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

If they don't deliver in September will they refund the money? Were there any 'T&C' during payment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
In that case, a big waiting period may be ahead for those of us who have booked it.
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:56   #148
BHPian

I have a dog and is afraid of using a robotic (disc type) vacuum cleaner specially the chasing and biting part!!

Can anybody with a dog share their experience?
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:03   #149
Senior - BHPian

The first time, 'he' was mighty curious and sniffed it. Next time 'he' hid under the couch. Third day on-wards 'he' hardly batted an eyelid. this continues till date. They will get used to it fast, don't worry. BTW, this is best for pet hair, and I recommend it
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I have a dog and is afraid of using a robotic (disc type) vacuum cleaner specially the chasing and biting part!!Can anybody with a dog share their experience?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 23:17   #150
BHPian

Quote:
If they don't deliver in September will they refund the money? Were there any 'T&C' during payment?
The only thing I recall about refunds is that we were allowed to cancel the order before the crowdfunding ended, for a full refund.

Damn, I can't even find the order email now! I'll have to fish it out this weekend and understand what I have signed up for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks