Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 12:19   #346
BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Should take around 30-40 mins in S-Pattern (normal mode), could take 60-80 mins in y-pattern(Deep cleaning). It will take longer time 1st time to map the house.

Yes, Noise is not that much, can see TV or take call, it doesn't make big noise like a normal vacuum cleaner. Also it has silent mode to reduce the noise.

Thank you.
Does this work on a duplex setup? I mean can we take it upstairs and will it auto map when the floors are changed?
Old 8th June 2021, 14:53   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Thank you.
Does this work on a duplex setup? I mean can we take it upstairs and will it auto map when the floors are changed?
I haven't tried it, since I have single floor. But it has provision to save up to 10 different maps. This is what it says in website "Mi Robot Vaccuum-Mop P can construct and store up to 10 different maps for your duplex/multi-storey home."
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 23:35   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I'm still waiting for the coupon to claim the speakers. Hope it is a hasslefree process to get the google speakers.
Did you manage to get the coupon? My Vacuum was delivered 4 days back but haven't received this yet.
akshaymahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 09:41   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Did you manage to get the coupon? ...
Yes, they do send the coupon to the account within 7 days of delivery and I got the google assistant delivered.

The google assistant is a useful addon to the Mi Mop. I can now just give say the following on google assistant and it works without having to use the app on the phone:

"OK google [start][stop][go home] "Mi Mop"(or whatever you name your vaccuum cleaner).
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 09:51   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Thank you.
Yes it does work. The only issue is ok carrying it up and down. You can store the maps and choose what you want it to do.
Old 25th August 2021, 00:02   #351
BHPian

Sharing my pros and cons list with 2 RoboVacuum :-
1. Eufy G10 Hybrid
2. Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P

Eufy G10 Hybrid

Pros :-
  • Acceptable performance for the price paid.
  • Setting up was easy and the app was flawless.
  • RoboVac speaker was loud and clear.

Cons :-
  • Warranty is of no use as after first wave the brand has no service centre.
  • Wear and Tear parts aren’t available. Though managed to get a non-OEM air filters.
  • No LiDAR means some spots remained uncleaned and plenty of times had to give command to dock after completing the chores.
  • Mop needs to be spic and span for RoboVac to function properly.

Mi Mop P

Pros :-
  • Being Xiaomi/Mi can trust it will be in existence.
  • LiDAR is a boon and mapping worked well.
  • Looks and feels premium.
  • VFM - Value for Money.
  • EW available with on-site service.
  • The free Mi Smart Speaker, if I may add

Cons :-
  • Ambiguity over consumables being available.
  • Speaker volume even at 100% is low.
  • Charging cable is too short.
GautamJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 11:24   #352
BHPian

Anyone in Bangalore knows where to buy the spares for the Mi Robo Vacuum? The Indiranagar service centres and experience centre folks seems to be unaware.
Old 10th September 2021, 13:38   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Anyone in Bangalore knows where to buy the spares for the Mi Robo Vacuum? The Indiranagar service centres and experience centre folks seems to be unaware.
I have bought spares from the Indiranagar service centre and the HBR Layout service center. The Indiranagar service center (shared with Bose and some other brands) was very busy and crowded, whereas the HBR Layout service center was not at all crowded. You could contact the HBR Layout service center and provide a list of spares required, and visit them when they get the spares.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 20:39   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I have bought spares from the Indiranagar service centre and the HBR Layout service center. The Indiranagar service center (shared with Bose and some other brands) was very busy and crowded, whereas the HBR Layout service center was not at all crowded. You could contact the HBR Layout service center and provide a list of spares required, and visit them when they get the spares.
Call customer care, they will raise a request, you will be asked to make payment and you will receive consumables in a week.

Or go the MI website here click on buy consumables you need to raise some request, then you will get a email to make payment, and they will ship the item.

Don't know why MI is not able to list consumables of robo in website, when you can easily buy consumables of water or air filter. I asked this to customer care, they told we are getting lot of complaints, soon we will make to available to buy directly.

Big tech company forgot about selling consumables/spares of Robo online, really messed it up.

I bought couple of wet-mops, whole process took around 10 days.

Last edited by shamanth : 10th September 2021 at 20:40.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 00:13   #355
BHPian

Hi folks, looks like it's time to re-evaluate robotic vacuum cleaners. Has anyone used the ecovac ozmo 950? Looks like a good product with large enough battery for cleaning the entire house in one go.
Also, any long term reviews of the Mi one? How much area is it able to cover in one charge?
Old 17th March 2022, 13:54   #356

I just read the news about Roomba pushing for a subscription model to use their Robot vacuums. Has this started in India already?
Old 20th April 2022, 09:49   #357
BHPian

Robot Vaccum Repair??[[/b]

I bought a Conga3290 Robot vaccum cleaner during Covid( Bad choice of robot)!!! See my post no 318 on this thread.

Recently the robot stops in between and throws a message " Laser blocked due objects in vicinity " . Googling the problem resulted in likelihood of some dust in the spinning laser motor or such obstruction. Tried opening it to clean with proper tools, but at a certain point the clips inside or something wouldn't give and I left it at that lest I break something.

Does somebody know any repair shop for such robots in NCR( they are all similarly built). The company has no presence in India now after selling a few pieces during covid.( It is a Spanish product)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by MADMAX111 : 20th April 2022 at 09:53.
Old 24th April 2022, 20:35   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post

Recently the robot stops in between and throws a message " Laser blocked due objects in vicinity " .
I had the exact same issue with one of my MI vacuums.
We called up MI service and the personnel who visited our home were taking instructions over video call as they had never been trained on them.

They said they need to take the vacuum to the service center as it's too complicated to open the entire assembly blah blah, test it and then get an approval for a replacement.

Given their no hands-on statement, I didn't want my vacuum to become their lab rat and decided to fix this myself.

All I had to do was unscrew a couple of screws, take the lid out and two more screws holding the LIDAR module cover. You'll then have access to the LIDAR module, without needing to open the entire assembly as claimed by MI personnel.

Once done, all I had to do was blow the dust off with my portable car tyre pump. Everything was back to normal.

Every part is modular, and the exact same part is used in most vacuums. So, this should be an easy replacement even if the part goes bad in the worst case.

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-img_20210403_125628.jpg

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-img_20210403_124106.jpg
In the above pic, you need to remove the black housing that holds the IR transmitter and receiver.
You need to blow dust off the modules and the chamber below it. Hopefully, that will fix the issue.

Last edited by sriharsha_m87 : 24th April 2022 at 20:36.
sriharsha_m87 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 10:58   #359
BANNED

70% Discounts on Ecovacs:

DEEBOT U2 Pro:

Earlier price: Rs.61900

Current Price: Rs. 16,900

DEEBOT OZMO 950:

Earlier price: Rs. 83,900

Current price: Rs.29,900

Would anyone know the reason for these massive discounts - model discontinuation, product issues, lot of customer complaints, lack of spares etc?

Or is it just the Raksha Bandhan sale as claimed?
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-1a04d650a7b247d3a84e418b0288ab46.png  

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-e823729fb88b4d4681b92083c909b2d5.png  

Old 1st August 2022, 12:11   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
70% Discounts on Ecovacs:

DEEBOT U2 Pro:

Earlier price: Rs.61900

Current Price: Rs. 16,900

DEEBOT OZMO 950:

Earlier price: Rs. 83,900

Current price: Rs.29,900

Would anyone know the reason for these massive discounts - model discontinuation, product issues, lot of customer complaints, lack of spares etc?

Or is it just the Raksha Bandhan sale as claimed?
Case of inflated MRP perhaps? Or is this a premium brand like Dyson?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks