Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2020, 13:06   #91
KPR
BANNED

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

I've ordered Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P through Mi.com. Eagerly waiting for the final product that will be delivered in Sept 2020. Thanks to Covid-19 and our maid who gives us notice period for questioning her timings. . Let's see how it goes.
Old 8th June 2020, 12:35   #92
BHPian

I have been using Dyson v11 since past three weeks and can attest that it is absolutely a gem to use. We have a big house and I had to sweep and mop daily as there is no househelp anymore. After v11, I vacuum once daily and mop twice a week. It is much more efficient than sweeping and easier too.

If you don't have a big house, I would suggest v10 too as it is 500gm lighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Hi, So what is the verdict after an year of usage? Grateful if you can answer following questions specifically along with your overall experience.

1. Is it effective tool to do away with your regular Dry & Wet Mopping (Read Jhaadu & Pochha)

2. Any major downside or important thing to consider.

3. Can this job be done by a lower priced model or do you feel if the model above it like the v10 and v11 shall be more useful.
Old 8th June 2020, 12:46   #93
Senior - BHPian

Some Videos of the Xiaomi Vacuum Mop P shared by Xiaomi:

1. Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P | What comes in the box?

2. Mi Robot Vaccum Mop P demonstrates Pro Cleaning

3. Does it pick Pet Hair?

4. Can it clean the corners as well?

5. Does it charge on it's own?

6. Will it drop off the stairs?

7. Does it work on carpet too?

8. Does it cross any obstacles?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 8th June 2020 at 12:55.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 14:24   #94
Senior - BHPian

I believe yours costs Rs. 52,000 but there is one model for Rs. 30,000, which is the V7 Animal. Is this really the basic low end they got, or is this outdated? Please fill me in.https://www.amazon.in/Dyson-Animal-C.../dp/B078T61HDJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
I have been using Dyson v11 since past three weeks and can attest that it is absolutely a gem
Old 8th June 2020, 14:43   #95
BHPian

From what I understand the difference lies in suction power and battery life. I am not sure about v7, but with v11 I get nearly an hour of use on eco setting (which is good enough). v10 gives around 40 mins, v8 and v7 would be approx 30mins or less. V11 and 10 have a more refined suction setup with direct flow... while v7/8 have a older mechanism design. But All should be every effective.

I strongly suggest watching YouTube reviews on each model to determine which fits your requirements the best. I don't have any carpet and have all tile floors so having a soft roller head was very important. I know they give that with v10 and v11 and v8 absolute models. Soft roller is super effective on collecting dust on hard floors. Which other accessories you would need would also help your decision making. Absolute models come with nearly all the attachments.

I know they are all expensive but right now you can get zero interest 18 month EMi from dyson or at amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I believe yours costs Rs. 52,000 but there is one model for Rs. 30,000, which is the V7 Animal. Is this really the basic low end they got, or is this outdated? Please fill me in.https://www.amazon.in/Dyson-Animal-C.../dp/B078T61HDJ

Last edited by click : 8th June 2020 at 14:47.
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 15:06   #96
Senior - BHPian

The primary difference between the V11 and V10 is suction. The V11 has 185 AW (air watt) suction capability which is more or less equal to conventional bag time vacuum cleaners. The V10 is significantly lower at 130AW. The others are even lower. Also as click mentioned, the battery sizes in the lower end models is smaller.

I have a V11 and it is exceedingly easy to use and comes with a wide range of attachments. The V11 also has a sensor at the bottom of the brush to check how much suction is required for a particular surface (say marble, tiles, wood, carpet etc) and adjust it accordingly to optimize battery life. This is not present in the lower end models. It also has a small lcd screen at the back to cycle modes.

I have ordered the Mi robotic cleaner too - lets see how it is once it arrives in september.

I also got a Black+Decker steam mop to make the wiping (pocha) step easy. It releases steam from the bottom and the floor becomes spotlessly clean even when there are oil stains.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 15:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

V11 is out of stock everywhere (the model has an additional LED display I believe). I'm surprised such an expensive vac is selling so well. Shall head to their showroom in VR Mall one of these days and check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I have a V11 and it is exceedingly easy to use and comes with a wide range of attachments.
Old 8th June 2020, 15:55   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
V11 is out of stock everywhere (the model has an additional LED display I believe). I'm surprised such an expensive vac is selling so well. Shall head to their showroom in VR Mall one of these days and check it out.
There's a color display (might be oled - not sure) at the back of the stick with a button to select modes.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 16:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

I have a Xiaomi Cleaning bot. Bought from Shenzhen China. Has been a boon during the Covid Lockdown.

We have named it "Ramu kaka".

Positives -
  • Decently efficiency of cleaning
  • Can easily access areas below sofa, beds, etc
  • Can be operated from mobile (Mi Home App)
  • Routine can be scheduled from APP (7 pm everyday, etc)
  • Auto docking after draining battery

Negatives
  • Cant reach corners very well, you do need sweeping once in 3-4 days to clean-up stuff which this guy cant
  • Cant pick-up long objects like paper strands, plastic bags (these items get entangled in the roller brush)
  • Requires cleaning every 3 odd day due to capacity of dustbin storage
  • Doesn't have enough battery backup to clean a complete 2 bhk in one go (I am speaking of Mumbai sized flats
  • Auto docking doesnt always work, the robot sometimes gets confused and parks anywhere
  • Gets stuck in objects like foot mats
2000rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 16:42   #100
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I have a Xiaomi Cleaning bot. Bought from Shenzhen China. Has been a boon during the Covid Lockdown.
How is the wet mopping feature? Does the wheel rolls get stuck with strands of hair restricting their speed over time ?
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 16:52   #101
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
V11 is out of stock everywhere (the model has an additional LED display I believe). I'm surprised such an expensive vac is selling so well.
Any idea how their online sales via the dyson dot in site are ? Also how is the after sales support/service for dyson products in Bangalore and in India generally ?
Old 8th June 2020, 16:55   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
There's a color display (might be oled - not sure) at the back of the stick with a button to select modes.
Regular static display with colouring. Just shows mode and stuff - no fancy OLED.

Quote:
If you're looking at whole house V7 is useless. V7 has barely 25mins battery that too with static attachments. If you use the powered attachments you are looking at sub 15mins.

The V7 animal does not get soft roller brush for hard floors only the carpet roller. The soft roller attachment is a Rs.3,500 accessory.

The V7 is best for sofas, beds, carpets and corner dust. No point for full house cleaning at all.

I have the V8 absolute and it has all the attachments. This is the best pick in VFM from dyson for full house. The V10 is the ideal option if you can stretch 6K.

The V11 in my opinion is not needed for a little extra power and a display for filter cleaning and an AUTO mode that detects the surface and adjusts the power on it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any idea how their online sales via the dyson dot in site are ? Also how is the after sales support/service for dyson products in Bangalore and in India generally ?
Online direct is very good. I brought it from them direct.

They used to come home with the machine for a detailed demo.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th June 2020 at 16:56.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 17:56   #103
BHPian

After about 3 weeks of use, I can vouch for the Dyson V10 Absolute Pro too!

While the price tag did entail fair bit of discussion (for a vacuum cleaner) initially, it was a painful to dust/wipe an entire house, even if thrice a week..

My wife has been the happiest using it. The sheer convinience of use, apart from the performance, is what makes it worth the money. A wet wipe (pocha) is actually not even needed, post a dry wipe with the soft roller. We are still far from a possibility of resuming our maid (already got a dishwasher as well). So this is more like an investment, which does make a difference.

I do have a bone to pick with Dyson though - while the flap mechanism to empty the dust bag is straight forward, after the first couple of uses, the flap refused to close properly. That caused the whole transparent tunnel portion (around the suction motor) to misalign, which created a problem for the self locking mechanism of the attachments. The issue here is, the attachment mount, the dust bag and the main suction hole are all built around the same mount cylinder. One has to be bit careful not to put too much pressure, specially during floor wipes, so as not to misalign this cylinder alignment. Long story short - it needs a bit of a deft touch to empty the dust bag and put it back together.

Attaching a pic for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-img_20200608_171640.jpg  

avinash_m is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 18:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Regular static display with colouring. Just shows mode and stuff - no fancy OLED.
This is what it looks like - no idea what display tech it uses but the blacks are pretty good.

Quote:
The V11 in my opinion is not needed for a little extra power and a display for filter cleaning and an AUTO mode that detects the surface and adjusts the power on it's own.
For me it was a no brainer to get the V11 as the price difference between it and V10 was just 7k. The extra power and battery life more than makes up for this miniscule extra cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-img_20200608_181829_bokeh.jpg  

Last edited by reignofchaos : 8th June 2020 at 18:23.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 09:25   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
How is the wet mopping feature? Does the wheel rolls get stuck with strands of hair restricting their speed over time ?
I have the normal (non-mopping one), I think without washing and squeezing, this kind of equipment will be very inefficient at mopping.

Hair does get stuck but that hasnt slowed down the device (yet?).
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks