Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2020, 16:58   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

My Mom saw your review (thanks for the pic) and wanted the V10 model, though I prefer the V8. Better to go with the latest, but she is worried about the flap part that you mentioned. Is it a deal breaker? V11 is good but my arm hurts with its weight since our house has sizeable square footage. By the way only V7 is in stock and new stock is coming by July
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
I do have a bone to pick with Dyson though - while the flap mechanism to empty the dust bag is straight forward, after the first couple of uses, the flap refused to close properly. That caused the whole transparent tunnel portion (around the suction motor) to misalign, which created a problem for the self locking mechanism of the attachments. The issue here is, the attachment mount, the dust bag and the main suction hole are all built around the same mount cylinder. One has to be bit careful not to put too much pressure, specially during floor wipes, so as not to misalign this cylinder alignment. Long story short - it needs a bit of a deft touch to empty the dust bag and put it back together
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 18:12   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Is it a deal breaker? V11 is good but my arm hurts with its weight since our house has sizeable square footage.
Glad my review was useful. I don't believe the issue I reported would be a case for all V10s as such. But since I observed this quirk early, I've now found a way around it - I just make sure that post emptying the dust box, while closing the flap back, dont just try and push it back all the way, in one go. Bring it closer to its shut position and just check if it aligns/seats properly with the internal rubber O-ring. If it wont then you'd observe the entire cylinder (transparent part) moving away slightly from the motor end mount (wont seat flush as in the pic I'd posted). If it happens, I just push on the flap, on its hinge end, and it closes just fine then.

As a matter of fact, we're using it every alternate day now (almost). And ever since I found this workaround, no more reservations around amount of usage as well! Interestingly, we too had initially decided on a V8 and by the time we made our decision, it was out of stock on Amazon. I guess, it was a good call nevertheless as we got a bit more power and backup to play with, with the V10. Between the V10 and V11 (while Ive never sampled a V11) IMO, the lighter option is better as these things need to be handy and light enough, given their usage pattern. I wouldn't mind sacrificing a bit of power, for the usability aspect.

Hope this is useful
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 23:43   #123
BHPian

If you can afford the v11, I would suggest go for it. My friend got v10 for the weight issue and now wants the v11 since the battery and suction is both much improved in the latest version. Unless you are holding the v11 up for ceiling and fans for a long time, on the floor v11 weight feels properly balanced and easy to use. Also the lcd is very useful. You get used to the weight. that's my two cents of advice.

Quote:
My Mom saw your review (thanks for the pic) and wanted the V10 model, though I prefer the V8. Better to go with the latest, but she is worried about the flap part that you mentioned. Is it a deal breaker? V11 is good but my arm hurts with its weight since our house has sizeable square footage. By the way only V7 is in stock and new stock is coming by July

Last edited by click : 10th June 2020 at 23:44.
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 10:38   #124
Senior - BHPian

So the V10 Absolute was delivered. But installation is in four days. If I open the package before that, warranty is void. This is crazy and certainly not the right way to treat premium customers. I wanted the top end, but V11 is sold out for 3 Months worldwide and wont be available. I took whatever that was given to me. Looks like all harried husbands are out shopping. LOL (women certainly baulk at its price and wont buy it)
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-img_7751.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 10:51   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So the V10 Absolute was delivered. But installation is in four days. If I open the package before that, warranty is void. This is crazy and certainly not the right way to treat premium customers. I wanted the top end, but V11 is sold out for 3 Months worldwide and wont be available. I took whatever that was given to me. Looks like all harried husbands are out shopping. LOL (women certainly baulk at its price and wont buy it)
Where did you buy it from?

I don't remember any installation for my V8 absolute from Dyson directly or for my uncles V10 delivered last week from Amazon.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 12:10   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Where did you buy it from?

I don't remember any installation for my V8 absolute from Dyson directly or for my uncles V10 delivered last week from Amazon.
Correct, my V8 was purely plug and play with no assembly involved. However, I had bought it directly from Dyson (home visit, among the first units sold in BLR), and the salesman was anyway personally present to show us how it works etc.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 13:16   #127
BHPian

Quote:
I bought it from Dyson directly and wasn't given any warranty conditions, rather the saleswomen asked us to use it before the video demo call so we can ask any queries that arise.

It's a good machine and I am sure you will see the difference in the attitude of the opposite sex in house once the results are more evident.
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 13:17   #128
BHPian

Quote:
So the V10 Absolute was delivered. But installation is in four days. If I open the package before that, warranty is void.
Congrats!! Did you buy it off the shelf from some store!?

The installation could be referring to the wall mount of docking/charging station; I could do that myself. Surprised about the voiding warranty rule; in fact, upon opening the box, I activated it by just going online to their website and entering the serial #; you'd get an email confirmation as well. All these instructions are already in the box.

Last edited by avinash_m : 12th June 2020 at 13:20.
avinash_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 13:20   #129
BHPian

Ordered the Mi Robo-Vacuum mop today for Rs.17,999. Delivery starts from 15-Sep.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 14:06   #130
Senior - BHPian

Dyson is taking (from March) a long 4 month break (no showrooms, no demo) due to Covid situation but they have asked me to go ahead and open the package. The date of manufacture is March 2019, and since this is a battery based product (there will be considerable de-gen) I insisted their guy come over, inspect, validate and install. So a guy is on his way and 4pm is the installation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Old 15th June 2020, 10:10   #131
Senior - BHPian

So our entry level iLife V5s Pro completes 3 months of daily use. I can recommend it now. It's active most part of the day, and usually at night (just keep it 'on' outside the room when I sleep). And I must say we have come out impressed. It's the best for fine dust and pet hair. No dust allergies of late. We were lucky to get this 'last piece', as these days the prices have doubled on these robots. No thanks to the lock down. My dog got used to it and treats it as another pet in the house. LOL.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 15th June 2020 at 10:24.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 10:20   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So our entry level iLife V5s Pro completes 3 months of daily use. I can recommend it now. It's active most part of the day, and usually at night (just keep it on outside the room when I sleep). And I must say we have come out impressed. It's the best for fine dust and pet hair. No dust allergies of late. We were lucky to get this 'last piece', as these days the prices have doubled on these robots. No thanks to the lock down. My dog got used to it and treats it as another pet in the house. LOL.
I was torn about getting the ilife now vs waiting for the xiaomi one on preorder. Finally ordered the xiaomi as it is built by Roborock who are pretty well known in this area and includes a lidar sensor which makes a huge difference to these robotic vacuum cleaners.

So now there's a 2 month wait to get mine. Hope the decision works out.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 22:46   #133
BHPian

We're using the Taurus Ultimate Lithium stick vacuum since the last 5 months. Although its a little underpowered at 100AW, it does a decent job for daily floor cleaning and occasional mattress cleaning. One charge lasts 2 days for our 2BHK apartment with 25mins usage per day. At under 10k, its a value for money product.

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-screenshot_202006252230372.png

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-screenshot_202006252230492.png

I've also ordered the Mi Robot on day 1 for the wet mopping requirements and waiting in the queue.

Last edited by dksv : 25th June 2020 at 22:48.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 14:08   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
So, ended up ordering iRobot 600 Series Roomba 606 on Amazon. Even that has gone out of stock now. Received the product last evening, yet to try.
Any reviews sir? I am picking up iRobot 675 today evening.
Old 29th June 2020, 00:30   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Any reviews sir? I am picking up iRobot 675 today evening.
On the cleaning front, I am mighty impressed. The amount of dust it picks up from an already swept floor is an eye-opener. For that purpose alone, a big thumbs up from me. However, this is not a replacement for moping and hard stains don't get cleaned. But the moping frequency can be reduced.

It is a no-nonsense product and requires no manual intervention. Just turn it on and forget. We set it loose post-lunch and it does its job and returns to the dock automatically. On rare occasions, it might just get stuck under low furniture or something and needs a manual push. The dust bin needs to be emptied every day, but it is so easy that my mom is also able to do it. Once every 10-15 days, the filter and brushes need cleaning, which needs a little getting used to and may not be easy for older folks.

Being an entry-level model, this does not have an app to control where it goes, and we have to close certain doors to control the movement. If a higher variant was available, I would have picked it just for that convenience.

Last edited by Jaguar : 29th June 2020 at 00:35.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed