Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2020, 18:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Hi, Mom used the Robot today and surprisingly it picked up fine pet hair and quite a bit of debris (even managed to entangle itself in my iphone cord, lol). Scared my dog to shreds, hope he doesn't attack it while I'm away. Floor looks clean now, but I understand that it's better we leave it clear of objects (small things like flower pots/feeding bowls/mats etc, else it hangs around in the same place for longer. Performance level is quite good for the price. Yet to check its mopping function, but that's not on priority and I'll probably never use that. Where is this Company based, and will spares be available is my next question. Thanks for the reco, buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
I just use a small quantity of Lizol with water in the cleaning tank
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-img_3068.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 19:36   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
No, I ended up buying Dyson V8 Absolute+ vacuum cleaner. It is cheaper and faster to clean.

Hi, So what is the verdict after an year of usage? Grateful if you can answer following questions specifically along with your overall experience.

1. Is it effective tool to do away with your regular Dry & Wet Mopping (Read Jhaadu & Pochha)

2. Any major downside or important thing to consider.

3. Can this job be done by a lower priced model or do you feel if the model above it like the v10 and v11 shall be more useful.
Old 21st March 2020, 19:44   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
1. Is it effective tool to do away with your regular Dry & Wet Mopping (Read Jhaadu & Pochha)
Yup, it literally polishes the floor and your bare feet can feel the difference.

Quote:
2. Any major downside or important thing to consider.
Don't use it on wet floor or wet dust. Doesn't work well. It sticks to the roller.

Quote:
3. Can this job be done by a lower priced model or do you feel if the model above it like the v10 and v11 shall be more useful.
Can't really comment on other products. The V8 is really good.
Old 22nd March 2020, 13:34   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi, So what is the verdict after an year of usage? Grateful if you can answer following questions specifically along with your overall experience.
If you are looking for a celebrity endorsement, here is one. Well, knowing her recent notoriety, her endorsement may backfire.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9wpri3F...ource=ig_embed
Old 22nd March 2020, 13:52   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If you are looking for a celebrity endorsement, here is one. Well, knowing her recent notoriety, her endorsement may backfire.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9wpri3F...ource=ig_embed

Hahaha, definitely couldn't have been more inappropriate timing. Having received yours and viddy's feedback, i am looking forward to trying this thing out in person before taking the plunge provided this covid situation sorts out soon.
Old 23rd March 2020, 19:40   #51
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Where is this Company based, and will spares be available is my next question.
ILife is a chinese company. But it is not one of those no-brand white label ones. They also sell is US and Europe and have decent reviews from US based review and comparison sites.

I see that your location is Bangalore. They have a store in Bangalore - near Sakra hospital in Bellandur - which is also the drop off location for service. I had gone to the store for demo and ended up purchasing from there though the price was around 700 rupees higher. The availability of service centre strongly influenced my decision to finalize this make and model. The other brands in this price range like Ecovacs does not have any information on service in India.
mxx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 17:34   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/smart-home/...from=home-tech

Xiaomi is set to expand its range of smart home devices in India by launching the Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner on Friday, April 17.

If we look at the records of Xiaomi, it is likely to bring the 2019 model of its Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner that was launched with a price tag of CNY 1,799 (roughly Rs. 19,500). It includes Sweeping and Mopping mode, Sweeping-only mode, and Mopping-only mode.

Xiaomi is likely to start selling the Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner through its Mi.com site shortly after its announcement tomorrow. It does make sense as the government is set to bring some relief to the ongoing lockdown and resume non-essential product sales through e-commerce starting April 21. Nevertheless, the new offering would also be available through Mi Home stores and other retail channels in the coming future.

Looking forward; sick of mopping floors for the last 3 weeks :-)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 17:50   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, this is what I was waiting for! I will wait for the initial hoopla to settle and get one in a few months for sure.
Old 17th April 2020, 13:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

Looks like everyone is jumping into the fray. Haier has come out with a model too
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-haier-20200417-1.41.54-pm.png  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 14:49   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Looks like everyone is jumping into the fray. Haier has come out with a model too
Is this already in india? Price?
Old 17th April 2020, 16:28   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

We have been using a Roomba for about a year now. By and large we are very pleased with it. We have a cat that sheds her hair everywhere. So it is very useful for just maintaining reasonable clean rooms. We have both carpeted as well as room with wooden floors and tiles. Works on all!

We tend to run it quite frequently and we move her (Somehow Roomba became a she in our household) across the house to the various floors. There are only a few things we need to clear before starting Roomba. E.g. a traipsing curtain, an electrical wire etc.

She does a pretty good job, very convenient. Now and then we still run around with the hoover. Some spots she misses and some spots are impossible for her. (E.g. stairs).

Here in the Netherlands I can easily order spares and we are on our second or third set of brushes I believe. Once, she had problems charging. I took her apart and manage to fix it. Essentially, just dirty contacts.

Our cat Daisy hates Roomba with a vengeance! She will not be in the same room with her when she does her hoovering.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 16:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

They sent me a DM. The price isn't mentioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is this already in india? Price?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 17:11   #58
BHPian

Have been using iRobot Braava 390t for almost 6 months now. No vacuum, only wet and dry mop. We don't use the dry mop function, as it's much faster to dry mop ourselves, and is not very tedious as well. Wet mop function is what comes in handy. It's kind of slow, but frees you up to do other tasks or take a break while it goes about doing its job. At 27k if feel it is a little pricey for what it offers, but I'm happy with my decision given the current scenario.
Old 17th April 2020, 20:44   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Bought the Mi vac+mop for 17999 but cancelled the order. Delivery is 15 September onwards. I need a robot maid NOW!

Now looking at combo vac+mop options I can buy outright in BLR. Roomba doesn't seem to have. iLife or Milagrow? Any ideas?

Last edited by itwasntme : 17th April 2020 at 20:59.
Old 17th April 2020, 20:54   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Any reviews of how this compares with the Haier? That red dot award has to mean something.

Most Viewed