Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2020, 16:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yet to check its mopping function, but that's not on priority and I'll probably never use that. Where is this Company based, and will spares be available is my next question. Thanks for the reco, buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
I see that your location is Bangalore. They have a store in Bangalore - near Sakra hospital in Bellandur - which is also the drop off location for service. I had gone to the store for demo and ended up purchasing from there though the price was around 700 rupees higher
I am planning on going the iLife Route as well soon. Did you folks compare the V15s Pro with the V8s that's priced higher - what are we getting more for the higher price of the V8s ?

Have you folks checked the price of spares on these Robots ? What would wear out and how much would be the approx. costs?
Old 3rd May 2020, 20:15   #62
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am planning on going the iLife Route as well soon. Did you folks compare the V15s Pro with the V8s that's priced higher - what are we getting more for the higher price of the V8s ?

Have you folks checked the price of spares on these Robots ? What would wear out and how much would be the approx. costs?
I suggest you check out Mi Robot Vacuum - https://store.mi.com/in/crowdfunding/detail?id=43
It is much more advanced than the iLife V5s or V8s, comparable to some iRobot roomba models but at much lower price. Frankly I would have gone for Mi Robot Vacuum if it was available when I was shopping. Only problem is that it will start shipping only after september 15th.

Coming to your question, I did check the v8s. But since I was not sure about the effectiveness of robotic vacuum cleaners, I wanted something entry level. So, I did not consider v8s. I dont even remember the details and differences
I can tell you these robotic vacuum cleaners do works and is effective. Makes life so much easier, no question about that.
But if you are going for 24-25k price range, there are more options. Even the entry level iRobot is around that price range (but without mopping). Do consider all of that.
At a lower price range of 15-17k, iLife v5s is a good buy
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 21:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Frankly I would have gone for Mi Robot Vacuum if it was available when I was shopping. At a lower price range of 15-17k, iLife v5s is a good buy
Thanks - will have to wait for that. Also, I think as per the crowdsourcing rules, if the number is not met, then Xiaomi may altogether drop the product as well. So let me see where the Count for the Mi Vacuum heads over the next 10 days and then decide.
Old 3rd May 2020, 21:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

I just took MXX's word for it and bought it. If in the market now I'd buy mi blindly. Spares are available in Bellandur I'm told, so no worry there
Quote:
I am planning on going the iLife Route as well soon. Did you folks compare the V15s Pro with the V8s that's priced higher - what are we getting more for the higher price of the V8s ? Have you folks checked the price of spares on these Robots ? What would wear out and how much would be the approx. costs?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 09:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

Xiaomi Shopping Portal site folks have done a big goof up looks like. It does not let me place order for the crowdfunded Vacuum Robot stating that delivery not allowed to my region.

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-mi_vacuum.png

I am trying to order to Bangalore and above is the message I am seeing. Anyone who managed to get thru recently?
Old 13th May 2020, 10:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It does not let me place order for the crowdfunded Vacuum Robot stating that delivery not allowed to my region.

I am trying to order to Bangalore and above is the message I am seeing. Anyone who managed to get thru recently?
This could be since Bangalore is in red-zone.
Old 13th May 2020, 10:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This could be since Bangalore is in red-zone.
Seems to be true - I entered the Pin Code for Goa for testing and it accepted the address. But overall its a bad move since what they are doing is only for collecting interest as of now and the Product would be sold only in September. I wonder if that is what is keeping the Interest Expressed on the product at just 25%.... I have emailed Xiaomi Customer Service explaining the scenario - need to see if they respond.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 13th May 2020 at 10:25.
Old 13th May 2020, 12:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

These robots along with Dishwashers sold like crazy in the last two months (of lockdown), since maids were unavailable. I'm happy with the robotic cleaners since it removes copious amounts of pet hair on a daily basis (box is full daily). If mi isn't available look out for other brands (after some reference)
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 10:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These robots along with Dishwashers sold like crazy in the last two months (of lockdown), since maids were unavailable. I'm happy with the robotic cleaners since it removes copious amounts of pet hair on a daily basis (box is full daily). If mi isn't available look out for other brands (after some reference)
I am good for another 45 days at least, I have borrowed a Roomba 960i from a relative who was not using it for a trial run
Old 14th May 2020, 11:44   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need your recco for a combo vacuum plus mopper. Budget is 30K max but which one?

Was hoping for the Mi but it's impossible now with only 2,565 crowdfunders out of the required 10,000 and 3 days to go :-)

ILIFe is launching a new one - A9S. Specs look good.
https://www.ilifecare.in/collections...ucts/ilife-a9s

I am also confused if we require a combo machine in the first place. Some web reviews insist that with the much more efficient and powerful vacuuming done by these machines, you don't really need to wet mop at all. Does anyone have any comments on this?

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th May 2020 at 13:19. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 14:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

A9S looks good. Go for it. The Company is reliable. These machines offer great vacuuming, but the mop function is just about adequate. I wouldn't buy it purely for mopping, that's just another additional benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
ILIFe is launching a new one - A9S. Specs look good. I am also confused if we require a combo machine in the first place. Some web reviews insist that with the much more efficient and powerful vacuuming done by these machines, you don't really need to wet mop at all. Does anyone have any comments on this?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 15:36   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was hoping for the Mi but it's impossible now with only 2,565 crowdfunders out of the required 10,000 and 3 days to go :-)

ILIFe is launching a new one - A9S. Specs look good.
https://www.ilifecare.in/collections...ucts/ilife-a9s
Thanks for sharing - will go thru this.

Mi guys called me and informed me that the Crowdfunding date would get extended to 15-Jun-2020. Fo note that, the reason for lower Support Votes could be because Mi has shot themselves in the foot by not allowing expression of support from Red Zones.

The Customer Service Exec also assured me that they will enable ordering from Red Zones as well for the Mi Vacuum Robot from next week.
Old 17th May 2020, 19:19   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Was looking at the Mi vac specs and it says 2100 xx vacuum power while most others say ~1000 xx. Does this make a huge difference? It should!
Old 18th May 2020, 10:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

mi is using us a test guineas. Project gestation could take a long time considering its crowdfunded. Moreover, its not a tried and tested product. I would look at other options
Quote:
Was looking at the Mi vac specs and it says 2100 xx vacuum power while most others say ~1000 xx. Does this make a huge difference? It should!
Old 18th May 2020, 12:52   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
mi is using us a test guineas. Project gestation could take a long time considering its crowdfunded. Moreover, its not a tried and tested product. I would look at other options
Agree on the testing part but Xiaomi / Roborock etc have been selling this in the US for some time now. Its definitely a tried and tested product with good reviews!

https://www.androidcentral.com/xiaom...cleaner-review
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks