Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 04:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: The computer mouse thread

Any of these two would be a good choice. I don't have much idea about G9x but I think in the G9x the free-scroll to normal scroll shift button is on bottom whereas for G500 it's on top so it's much easier on G500 to change the scrolling on the fly.
BTW, found a comparo video between these two, G9x looking good
Old 17th March 2012, 07:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

I purchased my first mobile mouse back in 2006 was this thinkoutside BT mouse, it was very good and I was using it with Windows notebook and also on my windows pocket PC. It was fun showing off back then

Think Outside Stowaway Bluetooth Mouse and Universal Keyboard - Review

Later I started using Microsoft mouse and still vouch for its quality. I used the first bluetrack technology mouse (Explorer mouse) and then also bought the Ergo Desktop which I'm still using.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...7000/WTA-00001

The keyboard here is really great! It gives the real good position to the hands and wrist so that they are always relaxed. Most of the time, I have this big keyboard on my lap and I'm moving around the quad monitors on my desk and its fun to use without any issues. The mouse came with this set is good from ergo perspective but somehow I felt uncomfortable and have stopped using for past few months. Was also using Arch Touch Mouse for a while, but I guess thats the most expensive mouse I bought and least happy with the performance I was.

Computer Mouse, Wireless Mouse, Bluetooth Mouse | Microsoft Hardware

Now, back to the basic Microsoft Mobile Mouse 4000 and its performing well, use it for both, desktop as well as notebook so I kind of get uniform experience. Love the bluetrack tech. it works almost everywhere, including the glass top of my dining table at home, on the carpet (except a couple odd surfaces). I generally choose 5-button mice so that I can configure the buttons the way and I want so I can use those keys or key-combinations for custom actions, mainly with my outlook, IE and debugger apps. I havent used logitech yet, but would like to give it a try someday if I can find a good ergo model.
Old 22nd March 2020, 01:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a mouse which can be used for long hours without straining the wrist. I have seen many slim mouse online (Example : https://www.amazon.in/s?k=Logitech+P...f=nb_sb_noss_2 ) . Is it worth buying similar one?

Ergonomically which is the best mouse? One which we normally get with laptop OR the large gaming mouse with lot of buttons OR the slim one which resemble the iMAC mouse.

People who upgraded to wireless mouse from wired mouse experienced any significant convenience over wired mouse?
Old 22nd March 2020, 03:37   #19
BHPian

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B071YZJ1G1/..._o-ODEb6P5FN7G

I am using something like this one (can't find the exact model), since over a year.
It's a pain to carry around but works superb.
Old 30th March 2020, 15:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

In this whole covid 19 house cleaning business I found my brand new but years old Roccat Kona that I got ages ago but somehow for the life of me couldn't get working on several computers. Decided to try it out again and after forcing and spamming drivers and a combo of other brute force type activities I finally got it working !! Needed to retire my Logitech G400s anyways so win-win.
Old 31st March 2020, 12:34   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I am looking for a mouse which can be used for long hours without straining the wrist.

The Logitech M570 has been my trusted WFH companion for the last 4 years. It ensures that my wrist is fatigue free. I mostly work on code, spreadsheets, and reports. The 'battery' has been replaced only twice in the 4 years of usage, I always use Duracell.
On the flip side, it's a bit bulky if needs to carried around n a slim laptop bag.
Maintenance - The trackball needs to be removed(just push from the bottom, it's easy) and the seating area cleaned of dust every 6 months or so.
neeln8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 09:04   #22
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am in the market for a good mouse. Any suggestion for a good mouse which can be used for long hours on the laptop. This is mainly for office use but would like casual connection to ipad to edit documents / photos too.

I am looking at a bluetooth mouse. Some of the new ones (Like logitech pebble) come with both receiver and bluetooth mode.

Please let me know your suggestion around the 2K price bracket.
Old 19th July 2020, 13:42   #23
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Hello Fellow BHPian Gamers,

Need your expert opinions on gaming gear.

I used to play FPS with Logitech MX 518 and as you know that mouse is no more available. Any suggestions on any other mice as replacement which have same ergonomics, shape and grip as the MX ?

Also, any suggestions on gaming headset which have high quality noise cancellation microphone as my background is quite noisy and it disturbs fellow team mates when I speak.
Old 22nd July 2020, 17:39   #24
BHPian

Fellow MX 518 fan! You'll be pleased to know that Logitech has re-released that mouse with modern hardware. Unfortunately, It isn't available in India yet.

If you need something right away that's of similar shape/value, the G102 should be good enough unless you're looking for something really top-notch. There's two variants on this page:- https://amzn.to/2WHlAgL Pick one based on your sensor/DPI preference.
Old 24th July 2020, 02:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

I too used to have the similarly shaped MX500 back in the day. Right now I'm using a G400s I bought a few years ago which is pretty much the same although hard to get now
Old 26th November 2020, 14:27   #26
BHPian

Reviving an old thread. Any suggestions for a good wireless mouse? Requirements are:
1. Should be good
2. Should connect to iPad as well
I shortlisted the Logitech M590 multi-device silent, but it is unavailable online.
The next is Logitech M585, which is unavailable as well (except in garish red).

Is Logitech M720 Triathlon Wireless Mouse worth the asking price or Rs 4.3k?
Old 27th November 2020, 19:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Reviving an old thread. Any suggestions for a good wireless mouse? Requirements are:
1. Should be good
2. Should connect to iPad as well
Any Bluetooth mouse should work with iPad. I bought a Logitech G603 in February and am very happy with it. Only the G604 is available now and it’s ₹7500 or so. Hope this helps.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 20:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Logitech Pebble M350

I bought this as a fancy item. It turned out to be better than even any of the wired gaming mice I have used. It's silent, light & ergonomic. It can be used as a Bluetooth mouse or with a receiver. It is the perfect office-use wireless mouse.
Old 21st December 2020, 12:55   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The computer mouse thread

Oh my god - this mouse has changed my life . Okay, that's obviously an exaggeration, but this one is mindblowing good.

Rehaan gifted me this Logitech MX Master mouse. Ergonomically, it is perfection, the scroller has a lovely mechanical feel and there are many buttons which are customisable. As someone who lives on music, I've set up the buttons for media control.

Insane mouse. Would strongly recommend. I used to think that a mouse is a mouse is a mouse. No longer.

The computer mouse thread-20201221-12.50.22.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 21st December 2020 at 12:57.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 10:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: The computer mouse thread

I have been using Microsoft Intellimouse for many years now. Love it for its ergonomic feel, unfortunately Microsoft has stopped selling these in India.

The computer mouse thread-ms-intellimouse01.jpeg

The computer mouse thread-ms-intellimouse02.jpeg

I am now looking for a replacement and Logitech M720 is closest match that I could find. Although I don't need a wireless mouse and still prefer a wired one. M720 fits bill as it uses regular AA cell rather than a proprietary battery.
Any other durable choices?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks