Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2008, 21:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sound problem ATP3

I have an Altec Lansing ATP3.
The problem is that the sound is coming from only one speaker (right speaker). Even though all the software settings are set to "Desktop Stereo". Even if i turn off the right speaker through software, its still sounding. ie, its behaving as a single channel speaker system. I suspect that its a software problem rather than a hardware problem, since if there were to be some problem with my left speaker, then turning its volume to highest and that of the right speaker to lowest, should result in no sound. But it still sounds from the right one even in that case.

Any solutions?
Old 15th February 2008, 21:54   #2
Team-BHP Support

Push in your headphone plug properly.

cya
R

ps - if that doesnt work, its possible the female part of the plug (on your laptop) is damaged.
Old 15th February 2008, 22:30   #3
BHPian

Try plugging it into an ipod or a discman, see if both speakers are working fine.
Old 15th February 2008, 22:48   #4
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I have an Altec Lansing ATP3.
The problem is that the sound is coming from only one speaker (right speaker). Even though all the software settings are set to "Desktop Stereo". Even if i turn off the right speaker through software, its still sounding. ie, its behaving as a single channel speaker system. I suspect that its a software problem rather than a hardware problem, since if there were to be some problem with my left speaker, then turning its volume to highest and that of the right speaker to lowest, should result in no sound. But it still sounds from the right one even in that case.

Any solutions?
1. Recheck the fader controls, control panel>sound and audio devices.
2. not working, try listening to music with a headphone and check.
3. if the same result with the headphone, reinstall the audio driver. restart the computer and check with the atp3, if not working check with the headphones.
4. Still not working, try speaker input cable unplugging and plugging when playing music and check, not working most probably a hardware issue
5. Visit the Ice section hehe last resort.
Old 16th February 2008, 11:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Supposing its a hardware issue, then sliding fader control to the extreme left (towards faulty speaker) should result in NO sound. Isnt it? BUT, it still sounds at exactly the same volume from the right, like when the fader was at middle position.

Anyway i will try the steps outlined there by JPL.
Old 16th February 2008, 12:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Try plugging it into an ipod or a discman, see if both speakers are working fine.
This will ensure that the speakers are fine. and putting headphone in the comp will insure the pc is fine.
Old 17th February 2008, 00:01   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
This will ensure that the speakers are fine. and putting headphone in the comp will insure the pc is fine.
Simple and effective way to locate the problem

cya
R

Most Viewed