Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 16:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well whatever the audiophiles may say, it surely has been an invention(If it is HIS invention) which lots of (not so audiophile) guys enjoy. I have heard Bose & I have been amazed by the sound that their small speakers give out.

Very well Deserved, Kudos to Mr Bose.
Old 13th March 2008, 16:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Q: What exactly did he invent?

your options are:

A. Conning?
B. Bulls hitting?
C. Lying?
D. All of the above?
None of the above !! He has over two dozen patents.
He developed something before anyone (I don't know when you were born, so maybe before you were born)
I don't own a Bose. I don't hate them. I have experienced them many times over at others place. They are not bad. I surely don't think a speaker maker can lie because they will be heard out.
Old 13th March 2008, 17:44   #18
BHPian

I think Bose as a company is a phenominal achievement. They have really good branding, marketing and there is a lot to be learnt from them. Right from the songs they choose for the demo to the whole store experience, they are really leagues above the rest. Not all people in this world are 'value for money' conscious (if they were, no one would be designer clothes!) and Bose strikes a perfect chord for these buyers. I have more friends who are Bose customers than Marantz or Cambridge Audio customers. And they seem more than satisfied with it.

PS: I belong to 'value for money' category

What also like about Mr Bose is his ability to come up with something radically different, like a new car suspension system. It looks like a lot of car companies are going to adopt bose suspension systems over the next few years. So the cash flow from the waveguide may slow down once the patent expires, but by then, the others start kicking in.
Old 13th March 2008, 20:16   #19
BHPian

good speakers

i have a bose companion 3 bose pc speakers.they are good in sound quality nothing equals them of what is available in india. there might be as good speakers available worldwide but they all will be 5:1 .this is the best 2:1 system. bose also has fans for the longevity of its products. their speakers dont go bust plus is also their after sales.
Old 13th March 2008, 20:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Just read those. Pretty hard hitting stuff there.

Chalo I dont know anything about this audio shodio stuff so let the experts decide. I havent bought any of his stuff, but I've heard them at some friends places. They sounded pretty impressive, but then I'm no audiophile.

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th March 2008 at 20:54.
Old 14th March 2008, 10:29   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Its not everyday that someone can invent an ordinary product, spin a splendid story and create a multi billion dollar business..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
So bose products are not really good, huh? They sure cost a lot of money, though.
Now this part I did not get. "Concept" maybe, Quality? Very debatebale.
"who has revolutionized the quality and concept of stereo loudspeakers"

Bose Corp does have a lot of patents but if you refer to these patents they are ALL re-hased versions of older expired patents with some jargon thrown in. Getting a patent does not mean you have invented anything, it does mean tht you ahve the financial means and legal wherewithall to complete the patent filing process, just ask IBM or Bell Labs or Xerox.

Are his proudcts any good? My opinion is that withing the limits of psychoacoustics yes, if however compared to products in a similar price range and or live acoustic music they fall short. And as sounding impressive is concerned even a pair of Sony XPLOD woofers mated to Pio TS20s (no midrange required) will sound impressive at first listen. I would much prefer it if they sounded NATURAL.
Old 14th March 2008, 14:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
i have a bose companion 3 bose pc speakers.they are good in sound quality nothing equals them of what is available in india. there might be as good speakers available worldwide but they all will be 5:1 .this is the best 2:1 system. bose also has fans for the longevity of its products. their speakers dont go bust plus is also their after sales.
This is exactly what I salute Bose for!

Most Viewed