Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 17:24   #46
Team-BHP Support

The link title is misleading. French Govt wants its staffers to refrain from using blackberry because the mails are in a canadian or UK server.
Its like Indian govt forbidding Military from using gmail for sensitive communications. Perfectly valid ban
Nowhere is this ban related to banning services for members of general public.
Its akin to banning usage of webmail by people if the govt cannot snoop on it.
Old 13th March 2008, 17:30   #47
BHPian

agree but RIM isnt going to loose a million subscribers , hence we ca trust BB to be ethical, imagine if RIM starts leaking information how many customers is it gonna loose how many corporates is it gonna loose.
Old 14th March 2008, 14:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Finally.. common sense prevails over nonsense -> No ban on Blackberry services: Govt
Old 14th March 2008, 14:42   #49
Team-BHP Support

If you want to misuse communications channels then you don't depend on encryption.

I remember this scene from the serial Tipu Sultan, which used to be aired in DD.
Hyder Ali dies.
The message is sent to Tipu Sultan, who is one the battle field. Ram Naam Sathya Hai.

Anyone read Fredrick Forsyth novels.
Old 15th March 2008, 02:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand why some should have so much hue and cry over this. We have nothing to fear if we havent done anything wrong.

A government or security agencies need to know if any thing illegal is going on, right? Why do we allow our baggage to be scanned? Even our shoes..... Isnt that personal too?

Someone mentioned about keeping cameras in the bedroom. I know it hurts privacy. But I dont have to fear as long I am doing nothing wrong in the bedroom.

I dont think banning blackberry is the solution. Let the Indian government get the required methods to track emails that are required to be tracked. I wont care unless I am running some undercover business using my blackberry.
Old 15th March 2008, 06:39   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I dont understand why some should have so much hue and cry over this. We have nothing to fear if we havent done anything wrong.
What if the govt is doing something wrong? All LEOs are not really honest, right? Giving them the right to look at your private lives without a warrant is a can of worms
Quote:
A government or security agencies need to know if any thing illegal is going on, right? Why do we allow our baggage to be scanned? Even our shoes..... Isnt that personal too?
The problem is what is being done with the non terrorist data. Your shoes and baggage are not data.
What if your luggage was opened to check for bombs, no bombs were found, but some confidential documents were found(pertaining to your business) which were scanned and given to your competitor. Nothing to fear right?
Mukesh Ambani says 'hello' to MTNL-India-The Times of India
What if you find out that the government itself is doing something wrong? How will you let others know about it if the government is reading all your emails and listening to all your phone calls?

Quote:
Someone mentioned about keeping cameras in the bedroom. I know it hurts privacy. But I dont have to fear as long I am doing nothing wrong in the bedroom.
you don't mind videos of you having sex with your wife, and you wife naked in the bedroom being watched by 100s of people. After all having sex with your wife is "nothing wrong", right?
Quote:
I dont think banning blackberry is the solution. Let the Indian government get the required methods to track emails that are required to be tracked. I wont care unless I am running some undercover business using my blackberry.
Buddy you better care. If govt is wiretapping without a warrant, how do you know that the law enforcement officer will take that information and not sell it to your competitor. You haven't heard of industrial espionage, right?

To be honest, I can't really make out whether your post was in jest or do you really believe what you are saying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks