Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 21:28   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
hey Ihave a vista laptop too what is the ++ stuff.

Hi Navin

That is Sam in one of his crazy moods. Thanks for the suggestions will surely try and see if they work if not then a engineer it will have to be.

Viper
Old 6th May 2008, 23:24   #32
Team-BHP Support

Mac voes i call it, i have some 35 GB of music in ipod and i dont dare to sync it with any of my PC's, i just plug in the pod to comp and play direct using itunes. Any new files i get in the comp just transfer one way to the pod.

Last weekend sorted some 200 odd tracks which didnt have any tags/titles, another "i dont know how much" to go through.

Stupid steve and bill!!
Old 6th May 2008, 23:29   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
However, more than any tools it requires time and effort - I really need to spend time on this stuff...
Steeroid, it is really a question of some grunt work. I asked a kid to help me (some 24 year old whiz kid) and he had no idea what my music was all about. Now when he saw multiple album art he did not know which one to choose so I relaised that this is something we need to do ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
That is Sam in one of his crazy moods. Thanks for the suggestions will surely try and see if they work if not then a engineer it will have to be.
Viper you are way ahead of me on this computer stuff and I think if you really take some time out of your busy schedule it shouldn't be so much of a hassle.

BTW I have found the guys at hydrogenaudio.org really really helpful. One guy (Synthetic Soul) even spent a week of his holiday writing an automatic script specifically for my needs.
Old 19th May 2008, 14:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Guys,

Have a slight problem which goes this way.My comp has 4 partitions divided as under

1> C drive - 25GB (only 1GB free)
2> D drive - 120GB (84 GB free)
3> E drive - 88GB (13GB free)
4> F drive - 180 GB (178GB free)

I have 2 Hard discs 120Gb & 360Gb. How do I increase capacity of "c" drive without formatting it if possible

My problem is by default settings all downloads/programs & music get saved to "C" drive which keeps getting full. I have transferred all the pictures & videos which occupy a lot of space to "E" drive. I observed that Itunes (My Music was occupying approx 4Gb.

How do I shift the My Music to say "E" drive and make sure that all future music downloads and additions get saved there.

Will appreciate all the help.

Viper

I think that you are using Windows Vista.Do this:
Right Click on Computer and click on Manage
On the left pane, go to Storage and click on Disk management.
Right click on the partition you want to modify and then select shrink volume.

This has worked on Vista. I have personally done this.
Here you can either shrink or increase volume of Drive C:
Old 19th May 2008, 15:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Steeroid, it is really a question of some grunt work. I asked a kid to help me (some 24 year old whiz kid) and he had no idea what my music was all about. Now when he saw multiple album art he did not know which one to choose so I relaised that this is something we need to do ourselves.
Managed to sort out about 500 songs over the last weekend, but thats merely a drop in the ocean.

SIGH!
Old 19th May 2008, 16:48   #36
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Managed to sort out about 500 songs over the last weekend, but thats merely a drop in the ocean.

SIGH!
dont try and do it all at once.the boredom will kill you. i started 2yrs ago and am halfway through
use the smart playlist feature to categorize everything and then work your way through each playlist.

Old 11th September 2008, 19:36   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Have any of you downloaded the latest iTunes 8? Comes with a "genius" feature that recommends songs based on what you are listening to. Look at the sidebar on the right and how it has made suggestions based on Def Leppards C'mon C'mon!! Obviously to tempt you to buy songs from the itunes store, but it's just so damn apple-cool. The genius can also generate automated playlists based on what song you are listening to. Apparently it only gets smarter with time (studying playlist combinations from across the world!)
Attached Thumbnails
Help with Hard disc space management & Itunes-itunes.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2008 at 19:38.
Old 11th September 2008, 22:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The genius can also generate automated playlists based on what song you are listening to. Apparently it only gets smarter with time (studying playlist combinations from across the world!)
Oh my GOD! It's alive!
Jokes apart - there is a free utility called Music IP mixer- been around for a while - this does pretty much what genius does. This also has a ITunes plug in.
Old 12th September 2008, 00:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

I listen to songs on last.fm and it recommends the songs just according to listening preferences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks