Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 14:44   #46
BHPian

I checked out the N82 and N95 8gb at the Nokia Experience Centre yesterday. Must say the N82's keys are damn small, though they are well spaced apart. Texting was a bit inconvenient to my (slightly large) fingers, but IMHO folks that aren't much into texting wouldn't have any issues with it.

The display is considerably smaller than the N95 8gb, but not "noticeably" smaller than the regular N95 (2.6"). I may add here that the N95's keypad didn't feel significantly more comfortable to type with too, as the keys have no spacing whatsoever between them. Can any N95 users here shed some light on their experience with its keypad?

Interestingly, the folks at the store told me that the regular N95 is no longer in production and Nokia is simply selling from its existing inventory. Since this is a company operated store, I guess the info is likely to be true.
Old 30th March 2008, 23:49   #47
BHPian

So finally after a lot of comparison, reading reviews and evaluating my requriements, I settled with E51.

I must say its real VFM and nothing comes close to it for a business user for around Rs.12.5k

I am really impressed with the handset and it serves my purpose. I did not need a great camera, but what I needed was Symbian OS, WiFi and quad-band with 3G. I know that the screen size might be a small for a few, but the resolution is the same 240 x 320 pixels so its not really an issue for me.

Also, it comes with licenced versions of Advanced Call Manager, SMS Spam Manager, WorldMate etc. I am glad I did not buy the bulky N82 or N95 just for the camera and xenon flash.
Old 1st April 2008, 19:05   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

A point I like, but forgot to mention, about the N82, is the sliding lens cover. Keeps the lens safe from other pocket contents.

It is an easy way of switching into camera mode too.
Old 6th April 2008, 18:59   #49
BHPian

Is the black n82 out yet in India? Would anyone know a store in Bangalore that has it?
Old 31st July 2009, 17:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Anyone updated their N82 to the latest V31.** firmware.... everything is fine but the battery life has dropped down considerably.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:36   #51
Senior - BHPian

when was it released? I updated my phone few months back.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:53   #52
BANNED

i bought one on day one. for some 26k rs roughly. just a month before 07 X'mas.

i havent still updated the firmware

but yes have a lot of advantages for that. i cracked the phone too. all softwares are installed. cracked and unsigned, i actually dont need a computer when i am out.

any queries just post in this thread i will answer if my phone has it.
Old 31st July 2009, 19:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

I updated, but don't know the version. How does one find out? Battery life didn't go down, but odd random hanging once in a blue moon (every thing off, but LCD backlight faintly on, like a moment before it goes off while normally powering off).

@thomas, I tried too but didn't succeed in cracking it completely. I still cannot create directories in root or move a directory. What route did you follow? Any pointers?

BTW, where in Stuttgart do you live? Uni der Stuttgart or some other institution? Fond memories - I lived in S-West (Forst Str.) a long time back.
Old 31st July 2009, 21:44   #54
BANNED

lolz. i didnt update my firmware. heard that the new firmware doesnt allow hacking. i guess now your cell wont be able for hacking. i havent updated since i bought in it 2007 the very first batch.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:57   #55
BHPian

Hi,

Did anyone update the firmware (V31...) for N82? Is it advisable to update it now? Heard that it has lot of advantages (and fast too) any suggestions/concerns ??
Old 9th November 2009, 21:23   #56
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I bought a black N82 about 5 months ago at Xcite Koramangala. Its a first class phone. I especially love the quality of photos iam able to get because of the 5MP Camera with Carl Zeiss lens. It even has macro lens function - as good as a mini camera in your hand. the voice clarity is great it is easy to use. and basically it is a very good phone. GPS function is good. I am very happy with it and would certainly recommend the same for anyone who likes having a great camera on his/ her mobile phone.
Old 10th November 2009, 10:05   #57
BANNED

Bought this few months back for bottom down price at 16K the black one along with one basic bluetooth free, i preffer to buy old products which are about to discontinue to get maximum advantage of low rates and mobiles are not my passion and this was my 3rd mobile in past seven years.
Happy with camera video recording is simply awesome, plays MP3's very well, initially keyboard was bit pain but now got use to it.This i am sure will be keeping for another 5 years.Got 2GB free SD card and still its hardly used some 200 MB no time for putting MP3's.
I think now you wont get this model as when i was buying this model the sales person told me that Nokia is phasing this model out better buy some other one, but i preffer my own choice and dosent care whether its running in market or not.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 10th November 2009 at 10:07.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
i bought one on day one. for some 26k rs roughly. just a month before 07 X'mas.

i havent still updated the firmware

but yes have a lot of advantages for that. i cracked the phone too. all softwares are installed. cracked and unsigned, i actually dont need a computer when i am out.

any queries just post in this thread i will answer if my phone has it.

Can you explain what do you mean by cracked ? Can you give me some names of cracked apps? i mean ive been using N82 from more than a year and i havent cracked anything , but for application i use mobile9 dot com website where you get all the freeware apps.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:44   #59
BHPian

Panel replacement

Guys,

Has anyone changed the complete panle of N92? have been using this since a long time and got lot of scratches everywhere. Thinking of changing to Black (mine is silver) just for a change. Any experience on this? any idea about the cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks