Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 13:52   #1
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Stay away from Pure Water House, Bangalore (dealer for Kent RO systems)

this is what i have experienced with Kent RO systems and its dealer pure water house

The RO systems as it is good

But After sales service is real pain. both pure water house and kent are bad in attending to problems

Kent does not list service centers in the web site and generally they do not respond if you send them mail. Nor do they have numbers of their offices in different cities of India. Only Delhi numbers are listed. it seems they only sell but not service the systems

Pure water house : customer has to take innumerable number of leaves from office and wait ........wait......wait for their service person to come and repair.

they will give you a date and time and they never turn up on the given day and time. they do work between 10 AM to 5.30 Pm only with all the Govt of India holidays applying to them. so customer has to call and wait. hoping some day and time he will turn up.

When he finally comes, he will tell customer this part has gone and that part has gone. if customer agrees for the change he changes it and charges you. some times it work and some times it will not work. the few times it work they charge you and leave. the problem will come within few days. you call them again.

This time another guy comes and he says it is due to same part and you have to change the it. when customer informs him and shows the bill that it was changed by them recently, then he immediately changes talk and says another part has to changed.

That means the service guys do not know what is problem and how to rectify.

Disgusted customer sends mail to Kent and he will never receive a reply or call.

This is my experience with them

I have bought Kent RO Excell super from them for 12.5 K. it worked fine for two years.

since last six months it is giving trouble ( Auto shut off does not work and amount of water filtered is too low)

I called Pure water house. a guy came after repeated calls and waiting by me.

he told me solenoid valve is problem it has to be changed. it costs rs 650/=

I said ok and agreed to pay only if it works

He changes it and it does not work. then he says the problem is HP switch and changes it. still it does not work

then he says a senior will come do it. that guy comes after few days and changes HP switch again and shows it works. i was charged Rs 500/=

within a week it again stops working. i call them again

this time another guy comes and says i have change HP switch again. i have told him it was changed recently. then he says change solenoid. I refused stating that it was already done and it is not solving the problem. Then he says i will send a senior guy.

I talk to Pure water house and explain the problem in detail and ask them to send me a senior guy only. the on mutual agreement a day and time was fixed. i have taken leave and waited , but he has not turned up sofar even after a week

i have sent a mail to kent . but no reply

I have a request does any one now the dealers of DOW chemicals/Filmtech membranes so that i can buy a RO membrane and try myself, especially in Bangalore?

Last edited by rkg : 26th March 2008 at 13:55.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:57   #2
BANNED

I now use Hindustan lever PureIt at my house for drinking water. Rest, I rely on Aquaguard for kitchen uses.
In office, it was always bottled mineral water supplied by Eastern & co or Golden Valley.
Old 26th March 2008, 14:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Its the same level of useless service for Aquaguard that we get.
Old 26th March 2008, 14:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Throw it out and get an Aquaguard. They have an annual maintenance contract as well to service the filter.
Old 26th March 2008, 14:21   #5
BANNED

Never experienced any service/customer care issues from Aquaguard, EurekaForbes or Hindustan lever.
Old 26th March 2008, 15:45   #6
rkg
Senior - BHPian

i wanted an RO systems and eureka forbes did not have a good ro system.

so i bought Kent.

further forbes filters are plain simple filters.

one can do the service themselves easily.

the charcoal powder is available and also the activated carbon filter cartridges in open market.

kent ro is little complicated and not that easy to DIY stuff.

does anyone know who is the dealer/distributor for DOW chemicals/Filmtech membranes in Bangalore?
Old 27th March 2008, 13:01   #7
BHPian

Eureka Forbes are good till they sell their product to you. Very soon after sales, surprisingly they respond very very late for any service requests etc.

Of late, I have engaged ProHandyMan, a group company of Eureka Forbes, who calls themselves as "single window service company for all appliances of all brands"! They charge around 3k yearly to service / repair all our appliances at home and they offer free electric and plumbing works also at your place as a part of agreement.

So far I have found their service good and professional. They have attended the issues in less than 6 hrs whenever I have reported any.I am finding it easy to call a single number to address all these petty issues with my appliances including a periodic servicing for them. They are loacted near to Domlur and have a toll free number. I dont have their address and numbers at present with me, but will post it later if required.
Old 27th March 2008, 13:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Surprising... I never faced an issue with Eureka Forbes. I have their AMC for 1000 bux for my aquaguard nova and they themselves call up and come whenever the water purifier is due for service. Eureka Forbes does have reverse osmosis systems btw and they work pretty well. Have one at my calcutta home where the water quality is terrible.
Old 27th March 2008, 13:59   #9
BHPian

Had similiar experience with Kent and Pure water house. They offered 2 free service for the first year. But they do not come on their own for free service. You have to place a request. I missed my second service by a week. Initially, they said I have to pay for it. Later I managed to get a free service. Few weeks later we realised that the purification was not happening properly. We called up the service guy again. A different guy came this time and said the guy who came for second service had not done a setting correct and that was the reason. I had to pay 300Rs for the service however as it was not within warranty. The guy also offered his personal number and asked to call him directly instead of calling Kent. He said he will do service for half the price! Not sure how long these guys will run the shop

Nirmal
Old 27th March 2008, 14:00   #10
rkg
Senior - BHPian

when i bought Kent, eureka forbes was having only one model RO system and the sales guy was reluctant sell it at that time. he was pushing for normal filter stating RO is not required for me.

forbes went to the extent of analyzing our water sample freely and tried to discourage us form buying RO systems. due to their efforts one guy in our apartments who bought Zero B RO system returned it.

Even to day they do not have good RO systems. they procure RO membrane from some korean company, where as Filmtech of DOW chemicals is world leader in RO membranes. Kent has Filmtech membrane.

does anyone know who is the dealer/distributor for DOW chemicals/Filmtech in Bangalore?
Old 27th March 2008, 14:31   #11
BHPian

In case you decide to go for another system, do go for the Eureka Forbes one. It works pretty well, their service is pretty good, they come even on Saturdays.

I have been using thier Total RO system for a little over a year now, and I am a satisfied customer.

You can have the water quality checked at their labs periodically free of cost. More over they have a center in BTM layout. So in case you want something done, on to go, just pay them a visit on a Saturday, at about 9, before the Service guys start their daily rounds, they dont refuse. They attend to your problem.
Old 27th March 2008, 19:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

I use Kent since 1 year 6 months, faced issues with the ultraviolet part. The blue lights were not working giving an irritating beeeeep in high frequency. I got the service guy within 48 hours, changing the required part free of cost. Someone turned up for a free service when 1 year was completed, although I didnt do it since we were busy shifting to 3rd floor. He promised to do the shifting for Rs.300/- when I required, but I got the work done by my electrician for Rs.50/-.

The frequent TV ads and other promotions have stopped from Kent, so I guess they have sold enough to keep the business going. By the way, I got my unit from Siri Technologies, (south Bangalore) they have 4 or 5 service outlets covering the city. I avoided 'pure water' deal after reading some negative comments from mouthshut or something similar. Now I thank the reviewer.

I dont think you need to buy a new one from another brand. Water purifiers are supposed to serve you atleast 10 year or more. Bad service doesnt mean bad product. I compared all the brands before deciding on Kent. It gives the best tasting water as of today's indian market. Not opening an argument here, because I have relatives who are using all other brands, got the best opinion from all of them whenever they come to my house. If you need any help from siri guys, please send a PM, I will give their numbers.

Last edited by shajufx : 27th March 2008 at 19:31.
Old 27th March 2008, 19:43   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

So far, in using Zero-B we have had to call for service a couple of times, and they have been good at responding. We have under-sink model, and the tap on the spout broke. They replaced it same day.

We will take AMC with them.
Old 27th March 2008, 19:52   #14
rkg
Senior - BHPian

i have no intention of changing the water filter. i have done extensive research before zeroing on Kent, not because they are good but the product is better assembled than forbes. i use ground water hence TFC membrane is OK for me. further as i have said earlier it uses FILMTECH membrane.

of course pure water house tried to cheat me by actually keeping a DEGUSSA membrane.i refused to accept it, then they changed it to FILMTECH.

Iam reasonbly sure that the problem is due to RO membrane. hence i tried to find out who is the dealer in Bangalore.hence i request if any one knew let me know.i intend to buy one and change myself.

this has given me good service for more than 2 years.now it is almost three years( 4months less)
Old 27th March 2008, 20:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I now use Hindustan lever PureIt at my house for drinking water. Rest, I rely on Aquaguard for kitchen uses.
These are products of marketing.
No effective filtration happens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks