Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2022, 13:49   #15241
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Quick question.

Which between Airtel and Jio will be better for my needs?
Go with Jio. They are better overall in the hilly region.
roamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 14:06   #15242
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Go with Jio. They are better overall in the hilly region.
International roaming is really important for me. Are they atleast as good or better than Vi and Airtel in this?
Old 18th October 2022, 17:35   #15243
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Just bought the 14 Pro Max from the UK and it is being brought down next week.
Query regarding bringing a new phone back. Do you throwaway the box and just get the phone and charger separately or get the whole phone as new in box. Wanted to ask from a customs perspective if there is any issue.
Old 18th October 2022, 18:18   #15244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Query regarding bringing a new phone back. Do you throwaway the box and just get the phone and charger separately or get the whole phone as new in box. Wanted to ask from a customs perspective if there is any issue.
Stick the phone and charger in your handbags. Stuff the box into the checkin box.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 19:18   #15245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
To be honest did not really give this a second thought. Doubt it will be an issue, they are just visiting on holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Please follow this guide - https://www.jio.com/en-in/esim#:~:te...0the%20process. I did the same and the processs was super easy. Was able to migrate from physical Sim to Esim in about 6 hours from home itself.

For me, Esim has been reliable as much as Physical Sim. I am not able to see any functionality difference. I also have a local Dublin physical SIM in my phone and Jio Esim for banking transactions. Can vouch that have faced no issues in past 1 year or so.
Thanks for the info, doesn't seem too difficult to do. Question: I currently have a Samsung with my sim in it. Do I keep the sim in my old phone and send the SMS' requesting the ESim or do I put the sim in my new iPhone and then request the ESim via SMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBeeR View Post
I was a long term Android user. Moved from S10+ to 14 pro a month ago. Mixed emotions so far which I'll detail in a future post.

However, when I used the android to ios app during the initial setup, the process failed a couple of times. In it's defence, the amount of data being transformed and transferred was high.
I finally got a success message and that cheered me up.
Looking forward to your future post as I am shortly moving from the same device to the 14 Pro Max. For the Move to iOS app, do I run this at the time of setting up the iPhone first, before installing WhatsApp? Or install WhatsApp on the iPhone and then do the Move to iOS app?
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 11:46   #15246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Quick question.
And I want the provider who offers the best coverage across India too, in the hills and everywhere.
Which between Airtel and Jio will be better for my needs?
You have not mentioned where in hills you want the coverage. If it is in south India, Airtel has good coverage. I have been traveling all over in South India and Airtel is good. My wife has Jio as well as Airtel and we have noticed that Airtel was quite sufficient. If you are talking about Himalayas, I am not sure though.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 12:01   #15247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You have not mentioned where in hills you want the coverage. If it is in south India, Airtel has good coverage. I have been traveling all over in South India and Airtel is good. My wife has Jio as well as Airtel and we have noticed that Airtel was quite sufficient. If you are talking about Himalayas, I am not sure though.
Hi
Largely southern India is where I loaf around.
And work plus leisure travel overseas under normal circumstances. And Jio seems to have put cables everywhere in South India anyway. I have done some research and Jio and Airtel seem to be more or less equal on features and services and coverage including on International packs.

Where Jio scores is that they are able to match the existing post-paid credit limit which I am enjoying with Vi. All done seamlessly within an hour via whatsapp and a pdf of my latest bill.
Airtel on the other hand say they can only do this credit limit enhancement from standard, after activation and then permission. So I have chosen Jio and gone ahead with the Porting.
I imagine it will be ready and done in the next two or three days and I can then start configuring and using my Apple Watch Ultra!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 18:50   #15248
BHPian

Finally made the move from Android S20 FE to iPhone 14 Plus(128 Gb) yesterday. Thanks to all the members who helped me clarify the doubts I had . I had an Old Samsung Note 9 whose screen had gone kaput so was inclined to trade off that handset with new phone. Checked with Imagine stores and Apple stores and they were hardly giving 300 bucks for the old phone. Finally checked with Croma and they finaly agreed to take the phone for 3500 bucks as a trade in . Well that sealed the deal and finally bought my first Iphone. The "Move to iOS" was not of much help but luckily it transfered the Whatsapp chats and Contacts. Went ahead with Apple Care + as well for 1 year which includes 50 GB Icloud storage also . As part of an offer got the 20 Watts apple charger free as well.Overall happy with the experience and i hope it stays the same :-)
Artyom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 19:34   #15249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Checked with Imagine stores and Apple stores and they were hardly giving 300 bucks for the old phone. Finally checked with Croma and they finaly agreed to take the phone for 3500 bucks as a trade in .
iPhone stores like Imagine, and Apple outlets offer poor value / do not accept even older Apple models. I asked if they will take my iPhone SE 2017 in exchange for a newer model, but they said they dont take that model. And my phone is in a very good condition.
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 20:07   #15250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
iPhone stores like Imagine, and Apple outlets offer poor value / do not accept even older Apple models. I asked if they will take my iPhone SE 2017 in exchange for a newer model, but they said they dont take that model. And my phone is in a very good condition.
True that. What i observed that Imagine store guys will use Cashify app to evaluate the condition of the phone then and there and will come up with a buyback value. That can be done by the user as well although most users are lazy enough to do that on their own so rely on them. Imagine stores especially will quote a value less than what you can get on your own while selling it to Cashify. Not sure whats the logic. One thing which i liked with Imagine stores is the additional store discount they offer which no other store offers. This discount makes the deal sweeter. In my case since my priority was to get rid of the old phone i couldn't go with them. But now when i calculate i see that i got an Apple 20 watt charger for free worth 1900 along with 3500 for the old phone . So the overall value proposition is way higher than what i have got with Imagine guys.

Why don't you try to sell your phone on Cashify app. They will come to your doorstep and upon inspection will transfer the promised amount immediately. I tried it with my Note 9 and although the value offered was 100 bucks I liked the whole process which seems to be transparent. Something to note is Cashify guys are really picky when it comes to the condition of the handset. As in like whatever condition you have mentioned on the app it should be exactly the same otherwise they will reduce the evaluated amount. Since your phone is in good shape its worth a try.
Old 19th October 2022, 21:35   #15251
Senior - BHPian

I was recently gifted an iPhone 11 by my sister and brother-in-law. My first expensive phone, as I am otherwise a 10k Android bandwagon member

I wanted to understand if there is a way of having a shortcut to turn the location on and off. At the moment I am having to go to Settings each time. I prefer to keep the location off - to conserve battery and turn it on only when there is a need. I tried adding it under the pull-down shortcut buttons - but the location is not among the options provided. Kindly let me know if there is a way to add a shortcut for the location toggle button.
Old 20th October 2022, 11:46   #15252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

I wanted to understand if there is a way of having a shortcut to turn the location on and off.
The simplest thing is to switch to Low battery mode which will reduce fetch and save you the battery.
But you can select which app uses the location services and flip 'Never' to most apps and flip 'Only' when you use the app for the select few which needs the location services - like Swiggy.
Prowler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 09:48   #15253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I wanted to understand if there is a way of having a shortcut to turn the location on and off. At the moment I am having to go to Settings each time.
I also struggled with this. The fastest/easiest way is to ask/text Siri to turn off or on the location.
prasi55 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 10:46   #15254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasi55 View Post
I also struggled with this. The fastest/easiest way is to ask/text Siri to turn off or on the location.
Just tried this. Wow!! Never thought of this method to solve the problem I had. Really helpful, thank you so much Prasi !!
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 18:47   #15255
Senior - BHPian

I upgraded recently from my 4.5 years old iphone x 64GB to iphone 14 Pro Max 256GB. The phone seems very nice specially the display and camera. One issue i feel is with the front selfie camera, before clicking the pic the preview seems fine on the phone. Once you click the snap and open the photo, it look like some sort of processing is applied on the photo and it comes out very oversharp and over exposed. Anyone else feels the same ? or my phone has some issue. I got it locally with from imagine store.
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks