Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2023, 11:22   #15481
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
lDecided to get the Amazon Basic's Clear Case for $9. (Actually, spent $0- Amazon cash backs are an amazing tool).

It looks, feels and holds premium.
Very true. Here in India too, the Amazon branded cases are available at 1/4th the price of Spigen case. And even after paying the high price, it’s not like the Spigen clear case wouldn’t discolour.

For those who like clear cases, the cheaper Amazon branded ones are the best IMO. You don’t mind replacing them ASA they show signs of discolouration.
ashvek3141 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 23:52   #15482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Very true. Here in India too, the Amazon branded cases are available at 1/4th the price of Spigen case. And even after paying the high price, it’s not like the Spigen clear case wouldn’t discolour.

For those who like clear cases, the cheaper Amazon branded ones are the best IMO. You don’t mind replacing them ASA they show signs of discolouration.
I agree. We like most folks who live in US are Amazon and Costco lovers for reasons of high quality, convenience and most importantly "no questions asked" return policy.

However, post pandemic Amazon has increased their prices quite a bit (Not only for non-amazon branded products but, also for their own brands). We now double check prices of products available on Amazon vs. other sites (never thought this day will come ) especially for big ticket items.

But, for small items ($10-$50) range we don't spend time in doing a comparison research for prices.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 13:11   #15483
BHPian

Hi iPhone users,

Need help!

I do not have my old iPhone and old number with which my apple id was associated. Now I do not remember the password, so I have to reset it. While resetting it, the present workflow expects me to either have access to the old phone or access to a new device with the old number.

I have a new number and new phone and trying to use my old apple id by resetting the password, how to go about it?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ok, maybe I was too quick to post the query. Found a solution, have to use someone else's apple id to reset mine. I am assuming this is the solution. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by arighna.dutta : 29th January 2023 at 13:20.
Old 30th January 2023, 15:35   #15484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arighna.dutta View Post
Hi iPhone users,

Need help!
Did you try from here? https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid
Just curious as to why you don't create a new one instead.
Old 31st January 2023, 12:22   #15485
Senior - BHPian

Anyone updated to 16.3.
Any issues?
Old 31st January 2023, 12:45   #15486
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyone updated to 16.3.
Any issues?
Been a week now, no issues to report so far. Though battery consumption was tad more initially, but that generally happens with almost all new installs.
Jaggu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 12:50   #15487
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone updated to 16.3.
Any issues?
It’s way better than 16.2 for sure. Even the battery backup on my 12 has been improved.
AbhishekNigam is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 18:31   #15488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Been a week now, no issues to report so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
It’s way better than 16.2 for sure. Even the battery backup on my 12 has been improved.
I can confirm this. The battery back-up on my 12 Pro has improved compared to 16.1.2. The battery health also hasn’t dropped and is at 85%.
Additionally, I am also seeing improvements in the Wi fi speeds when I am using the airtel 4g dongle.

On a side note, has anyone got the batteries of their 12 Pro replaced?
Since the battery health is at 85% and the prices are about to rise, I was thinking of getting it replaced.

The unicorn SC and another authorized apple SC gave me a quote of 6500/- & 6850/- respectively. Plus I need to drop the phone with them for a minimum of 2 days!!

Is this the current price , or can I get a better deal elsewhere? Ofcourse, I’m looking at original apple batteries.
Old 3rd February 2023, 03:54   #15489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone updated to 16.3.
Any issues?
Curious. Why would you wait for feedback before updating?

It's a stable primary release of 16.3 (unlike 16.3.1 or 2..etc)

I blindly hit the "Software Update" button for every release that hits my phone (or, car).

Never had any bad experience ever as these large and famed companies release stable versions "only" after testing it in Alpha and Beta phases (which are released way before).
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 20:29   #15490
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone updated to 16.3.
Any issues?
Updated to 16.3 on 30th Jan. This is a very stable release and it solved some of the bugs that were irritating me in 16.2. I think after 16.1 this is the best release as I got lot of bugs with 16.2. Battery life has also been good for me just like it was with 16.1. You can go for it if you haven't already.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:45   #15491
BHPian

iOS 16.3.1 has been released, but do not update if you use Google Photos a lot, as the app won't open after the update. I had updated earlier and now google photos crash when you open it. I saw this article a bit late :-(

https://9to5mac.com/2023/02/14/googl...ne-ios-16-3-1/

keep checking app store for an update to Google Photos, and that should resolve this issue.

Last edited by kap04 : 15th February 2023 at 12:05.
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 12:28   #15492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
iOS 16.3.1 has been released, but do not update if you use Google Photos a lot, as the app won't open after the update. I
======
keep checking app store for an update to Google Photos, and that should resolve this issue.
There's an update available for Google Photos that resolves the issue.
Old 15th February 2023, 16:39   #15493
Team-BHP Support

Is there any way to configure a different ring tone for each eSIM in an iPhone? I want to be able to distinguish between calls coming on the different eSIMs without having to look at the screen.
Old 16th February 2023, 17:19   #15494
BHPian

Guys, I had a tough time with Amazon with regard to my delivery iPhone case delivery. I ordered a Caseology (Spigen brand) from Amazon for my iPhone 14. I ordered this without much thought as it was a Spigen case and it was pretty expensive for a case, but I thought it was worth it thinking about the quality. Below is the link to the product. I ordered it blindly as it was sold by "Spigen India"

https://www.amazon.in/CASEOLOGY-Spig...%2C271&sr=8-21

- Ordered on 29/Jan, delivered the same day (at night)
- Opened the pack on 30/Jan (morning), and the product was swapped.
- Outer package was in pristine condition, there was no damage or anything to raise suspicion, hence I did not take a video.
- Immediately called customer care and raised the issue, they asked to send pics, sent it, and did everything they said. They initiated a return and removed the image during the return the return happened smoothly.
- Product was returned on 02/Jan, but then since I did not hear from them I called Amazon, and they said they cannot refund the product as they did not receive the original product.
- I tried all possible ways to explain that I did not receive the product, I asked them to check my history and see if there were even an uneligible delivery (I have very rarely returned any product in my history), and why should I do it for a Phone case which is not a high-value product, but my pleading was in vain and they outrightly rejected my claim reason saying that the product was scanned and delivered from the warehouse, there is no loophole as per them. But what if there is a genuine theft and the customer is scammed, then where is the customer's voice heard, and ideally they believe only the vendor?

My assumption is, the product was earlier returned by a customer with a fake case and the scanning guy in the warehouse accepted the delivery without validating the case. Then I get the same product, but no one in the warehouse opened the outer cover and validated the case in the warehouse, OR clearly, delivery guys have swapped it.

To be honest, I was really hurt by this incident as I really felt cheated. This is my second bad experience with Amazon, and I am no longer comfortable trusting Amazon in the future.

The iPhone Thread-caseology.jpg
ThatCarGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 18:46   #15495
BHPian

hi - just wanted to check if anyone is using iPhone 11 with OnePlus Pro Buds? https://www.oneplus.in/product/oneplus-buds-pro

Most Viewed