Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2023, 23:27   #15616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I’m running 16.4.1 without any issues since it was released. Never noticed any issues. What is rapid security response and how did you guys rolled back to previous iOS, in case you did?
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 23:36   #15617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Your back up seems pretty low, esp given you have the 13 mini.
Didn’t even last me 12 hrs since the last charge at 1:18pm. Battery it’s at 7% now. Less than 5 hours of screen on time.

The iPhone Thread-img_0035.png

The iPhone Thread-img_0036.png

Last edited by boniver : 2nd May 2023 at 23:37.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 09:00   #15618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I’m running 16.4.1 without any issues since it was released. Never noticed any issues. What is rapid security response and how did you guys rolled back to previous iOS, in case you did?
Ok, it showed up as a software update in my phone this morning and I’ve updated it immediately. Though didn’t have any connectivity issues but updated since it sounded critical.

Thanks.
Old 7th May 2023, 18:58   #15619
Senior - BHPian

I have been using an iPhone 12 for the last 2 years now and its my only phone with one esim and one normal sim, so in a way the usage is quite heavy considering office emails, calls etc. The battery health shows 88% now, but the phone cannot get thru even 10 hours without being charged with normal usage. So i find myself constantly charging in the car, in the office etc. But when I travel, i have to have a power bank, else its not manageable. I ran some diagnostics recommended by Apple and it seems like the battery is normal, no specific issue as such.

Im not in to any photography or anything like that, so im in no hurry to change the phone anytime for the next 1 year. Does it make sense to change the battery at an authorised iphone service center like Imagine? Any idea about the cost? If its around 3-5k, i wouldnt mind doing it. But if its more than 7-8k then i would be better off holding on and selling the phone sometime later this year or the next ( i assume I wouldn’t be able to sell it for more than 15-20k in spite of it being in pristine condition).
Old 9th May 2023, 17:16   #15620
BHPian

Apple trade-in query

I want to trade-in my iPhone SE 2020 with a new iPhone 13 Mini on Apple India online store , Back glass of iPhone SE is replaced by a local shop after it got shattered by falling from bed height , repair work is obviously mediocre.

Need to know if it qualifies for a trade-in , trying to avoid last minute surprises with the delivery executive.
Old 10th May 2023, 00:08   #15621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Apple trade-in query

I want to trade-in my iPhone SE 2020 with a new iPhone 13 Mini on Apple India online store , Back glass of iPhone SE is replaced by a local shop after it got shattered by falling from bed height , repair work is obviously mediocre.

Need to know if it qualifies for a trade-in , trying to avoid last minute surprises with the delivery executive.
Sell it on Cashify. You’ll get a better deal than Apple Store. Alternatively take it to the nearest Vijay Sales store and they will trade it in.
GreyNomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 13:11   #15622
BHPian

Quick question. Should i Upgrade to 14?

- I have a 12 Mini, which lasts for 1-1.3 day, on a single charge till 85-90%.
- Phone is in mint condition. Everything is original and bought new from Flipkart.

My reasons for upgrade:
- New and bigger IPhone 14 itch.
- Will get decent value for my 12 mini, which could fund the new 14 partially.
- The itch is growing rapidly

The Iphone 14 is retailing for ~67K + discounts i believe. Is it worth the upgrade?
Old 10th May 2023, 13:20   #15623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I have been using an iPhone 12 for the last 2 years now and its my only phone with one esim and one normal sim, so in a way the usage is quite heavy considering office emails, calls etc. The battery health shows 88% now, but the phone cannot get thru even 10 hours without being charged with normal usage.
Your phone is perfectly fine. You are just pushing it to the limits, hence such poor battery life.

Changing the battery is not going to solve anything. Hardly you will add few minutes, if lucky, as your battery is still in a good shape. Btw, new battery costs 5.5k in hyderabad, when i enquired last, but the cost varies from service center to service center though. So, before you get it changed, get the price quotes from multiple authorized service centers.

My suggestion:
- Upgrade to 13 or 14.
- Use your 12 mini till the battery life reaches 80-82% and then upgrade/change battery.
- Switch to Single sim, if possible. Dual sims drain battery much fast. Buy a nokia plain phone for ~2k, for the sim which is not used much. Thats too much to ask, but it works.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 14:05   #15624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had the option to roll back to previous version which showed on my handset and I rolled back to 16.4.1 as i was feeling handset was heating up more then regular after that update.
No issues faced so far after rollback and on this version as of now.
vijaythacker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 14:17   #15625
BHPian

Quote:
Does it make sense to change the battery at an authorised iphone service center like Imagine?
Instead of spending more on a phone which you would be selling eventually after a year or so , how about getting a sleek magsafe battery pack , Apple original or any third party like stuff cool or Anker.

You can continue using the magsafe battery pack even after upgrading to a newer iPhone.
AjinkyaP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 01:37   #15626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Battery it’s at 7% now. Less than 5 hours of screen on time.
My 13 pro max is at 92% battery health, I get 6-6.5 hrs of screen on time on max brightness with heavy camera use, used to get 7.5 hrs when new. So I’d say your phone is doing fine. Numbers-
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_4129.png  

The iPhone Thread-img_4130.png  

Old 11th May 2023, 02:00   #15627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does it make sense to change the battery at an authorised iphone service center like Imagine? Any idea about the cost? If its around 3-5k, i wouldnt mind doing it. But if its more than 7-8k then i would be better off holding on …
Well for X itself I had to pay 5k in Jan 2023. March onwards they have gone pricier. So you are definitely looking at 8k for a new battery.

Even I own a 1.5 year old iPhone 12 and battery is at 86%. During holidays it barely manages 12-13 hours but on office days it easily sees through a day. I prefer changing the battery after it goes below 80% (ideally 2-2.5 years of usage) & it can give you another year and a half life. Not an advocate of changing phones every 2 years, for that androids were good enough at half the purchase cost.
Old 11th May 2023, 07:48   #15628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Your phone is perfectly fine. You are just pushing it to the limits, hence such poor battery life.
e. Btw, new battery costs 5.5k in hyderabad, when i enquired last, but the cost varies from service center to service center though. So, before you get it changed, get the price quotes from multiple authorized service centers.
I checked with imagine and iplanet, received very different quotes, while imagine quoted 6400, iplanet mentioned something like 9k. Both are authorised apple Service centers, not sure why they are so different in terms of prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Instead of spending more on a phone which you would be selling eventually after a year or so , how about getting a sleek magsafe battery pack , Apple original or any third party like stuff cool or Anker.

You can continue using the magsafe battery pack even after upgrading to a newer iPhone.
Sure, will check this out, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Well for X itself I had to pay 5k in Jan 2023. March onwards they have gone pricier. So you are definitely looking at 8k for a new battery.

Even I own a 1.5 year old iPhone 12 and battery is at 86%.Not an advocate of changing phones every 2 years, for that androids were good enough at half the purchase cost.

I think spending 6-8k on a battery is not worth it. When i do sell the phone next year, i may not get more than 15-20k, so no point in adding to the already heavy depreciation. I have no problem in finding a charging point in the car or in the office on normal days, its just that it becomes a hassle when I travel. Will just have to manage that I guess.

In contrast, my wife’s iphone 13 pro max is so much better. Its 1.5 years old and its still at some 96% battery life inspite of heavy media usage. And once charged, it holds up really well. Im sure its because of its bigger battery, but i can never think of owning a phone of that size for day to day usage.
Old 11th May 2023, 08:05   #15629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
My 13 pro max is at 92% battery health, I get 6-6.5 hrs of screen on time on max brightness with heavy camera use, used to get 7.5 hrs when new. So I’d say your phone is doing fine. Numbers-
My iPhone 13 Promax is 19-months old and is at 88% battery.

I still get amazing battery life for a full charge despite heavy usage and more on-screen time than you.

For a full charge, I get around 20-22 hours easily and I normally plug it back on when it drops below 20%.

The iPhone Thread-img_1983.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_1984.jpg

Also, I use a 20W Anker charging adapter with a JSAUX wire and it's super fast in charging as well.

20% to 80% is usually in about 30 mins.
Old 11th May 2023, 09:41   #15630
BHPian

Searched this thread and could not find an answer, Hence posting this query here.

I picked up my first apple product which is Iphone 14 a month ago and very happy with the phone.

I did read this thread about checking the number of charging cycles and was curious to see how many cycles phone has completed in last one month. I have enabled share iphone analytics option too but i am unable to see the log aggregated file at all!

Will this file be visible only if the phone is charged to 100% and not visible if the phone is regularly charged to less than 90%? I plug in when the battery is at 25% and unplug once the battery reaches 90%. Have only charged to 100% once on day 1 only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks