Team-BHP - The iPhone Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The iPhone Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/38465-iphone-thread-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 544484)
The JTAG is generally not accessible in normal functional mode of the chip. The only way is to get access to the JTAG mode using the TAP(Test access port of the chip). For that you need to know the registers in the chip which need to be written into.

I see. And this is what you've been busy with?

I hear that the phone is now available in mumbai grey market is it true?
Waiting for someone to have the unlock phone functional in bombay before i try and source one back from the states.

Ehmmm..... If one sources iPhone from US, will it work here without unlocking it? The answer is NO for the moment.
So why take the trouble of sourcing one from US etc? Heerapanna seems to be a better option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 546931)
Ehmmm..... If one sources iPhone from US, will it work here without unlocking it? The answer is NO for the moment.
So why take the trouble of sourcing one from US etc? Heerapanna seems to be a better option.

Ehmmm....where will herapanna sellers get the phone from= The US!
The iPhone currently only being sold in america so why would i pay a premium for it by buying it locally here.

Todays Mumbai mirror says the kid who cracked the iPhone has been given 3 more IPhones and a Nissan 350 Z in exchange for the cracked phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 547001)
Todays Mumbai mirror says the kid who cracked the iPhone has been given 3 more IPhones and a Nissan 350 Z in exchange for the cracked phone.

Now if he cracks 3 more of them , he will get 9 phones and 3 350z , and then 27iphones and 9 350z...... ....(nXn) phones and n cars
so basically its a 3_1,9_3,27_9..............(nXn)_n series
Hence the Total no.phone he is gonna get in n rounds is n(n+1)/2
the Total no. cars he is gonna get is 'n'
phew ! the kid is gonna make lot of money lol:

iPhone cracked is it for real or ...

I cant believe how misinformed you guys are. YES the iphone has been unlocked and not by one way that the gr8 press of ours cud find but by 4 different ways. infact there are already 17 Indian minimum who have unloked it including me. to prove it below is a pic of an UNLOCKED iphone running on airtel:-
ImageShack - Hosting :: img04736x4et8.jpg

irulee- Are you using the iPhone in bombay currently? If so where and how did you purchase and unlock it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by irulee (Post 550225)
I cant believe how misinformed you guys are. YES the iphone has been unlocked and not by one way that the gr8 press of ours cud find but by 4 different ways. infact there are already 17 Indian minimum who have unloked it including me. to prove it below is a pic of an UNLOCKED iphone running on airtel:-

i cant see any picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 550610)
i cant see any picture.

Here it is below-
ImageShack - Hosting :: img04736x4et8.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown (Post 550699)

thanks alot.

irulee - where did you get this from and for how much? also do all the features work?

So how do i go about this? Say i get the phone from the states, the minute i attach it to itunes its gonna ask me to register with AT&T to make the phone funcational. How do i go around this?
Can some1 shed some light on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 550775)
So how do i go about this? Say i get the phone from the states, the minute i attach it to itunes its gonna ask me to register with AT&T to make the phone funcational. How do i go around this?
Can some1 shed some light on this.

Here is the guide how to unlock an i-phone Iphone unlocking

i had ordered for the iPhone from states and Sahil you are right the iphone was locked and had to b activated before doing anything but there are various ways to bypass it. also the unlock part was a bit hard as currently there are 4 methods of unlocking it:-
1. the method posted by Unknown.
2. involves messing with the sim card.
3. HW unlock
4. easier method of hw unlock
5. SW UNLOCK(Expected to release soon)

and akshay1234
yes all the functions work but have currently disabled the phone function as i was expecting a SW Unlock soon and wanted to test it. i got it for 50000 Rs = $648 for iphone including american taxes + 80$ for delivery + 35% custom tax (i dont remember the exact figure).

i needed to pay such an amount because i got it sent from states from a friend. but if u buy it from there it will only cost u $648