Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:59   #3586
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread: Update iOS 5 announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Too much of speculations going on, i feel its going to be an upgraded iPhone 4 or 4S rather than 5 with iOS 5 that is going to come out. An iPod touch 3G also being rumored.
I believe the 4s will replace the 3gs and there will be a new iphone 5 that will have a bigger screen and will be thinner and lighter.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:27   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I believe the 4s will replace the 3gs and there will be a new iphone 5 that will have a bigger screen and will be thinner and lighter.

iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. Moreover, speculation strengthens that the iP5 will be in the same design of MB Air. Fingers crossed as usual.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:44   #3588
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this makes sense but Apple should keep the 3gs as well to cater to the lower end of the market. Too many people are switching brands to save money.
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:46   #3589
BHPian

Some websites say that iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 will be manufactured, plus a lower-capacity (8GB) version of the iPhone 4 may soon replace the 3GS.

Release date of the iPhone 5 is speculated to be on October5
(iPhone5->iOS 5->Oct 5)

The internet is full of rumours as the days go by.. I hope to buy the next iPhone, 4s or 5, as soon as it launches, been saving up for it from the last 4 months..
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:39   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I don't know if this makes sense but Apple should keep the 3gs as well to cater to the lower end of the market. Too many people are switching brands to save money.
I hear that the 3GS will be made a free phone in the US. You just pay for data and calls
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:32   #3591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
I just came across this in an article:

------------
A whopping 89 percent of iPhone owners have indicated they will stick with Apple for their next handset, dwarfing all other hardware makers, according to a new survey.
------------

More here: http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...htc_at_39.html

So Apple may not be losing much sleep over brand switchers at the moment, if the survey is to be believed.
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:47   #3592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
I just came across this in an article:

------------
A whopping 89 percent of iPhone owners have indicated they will stick with Apple for their next handset, dwarfing all other hardware makers, according to a new survey.
------------

More here: http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...htc_at_39.html

So Apple may not be losing much sleep over brand switchers at the moment, if the survey is to be believed.
What I meant is - people who are in the market for a smartphone and were considering an iphone are now buying androids to save money.
Old 25th September 2011, 23:13   #3593
Senior - BHPian

How to take a screen shot in Iphone4.
Now a days the Virtual tickets are used and these are going to be spread to many areas. So online screen shots may be essential.Just do the booking online and when the ticket is displayed You can Press the switch on the right top corner and click the center middle switch in the bottom. Your screenshot is ready in your photo gallery. You can use it by opening photo gallery whenever it is demanded.
navan49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 10:34   #3594
Senior - BHPian

Errr... Sir, as soon as the 'switch on the right top corner' is pressed the phone locks, doesn't it????

EDIT: A-ha, one has to press the Home button WHILE HOLDING the power button. Silly me!!!

Last edited by DerAlte : 26th September 2011 at 10:36.
Old 26th September 2011, 23:41   #3595
Senior - BHPian

Derlite
Don't hold the switch on the top for long.Just hold and immediately press the home button, Your screen shot is ready. While you get a call if you press that swaitch your call will be rejected.The same switch if you hold long then your iphone will restart.
Old 28th September 2011, 03:33   #3596
BHPian

Apple announces 'Lets talk iPhone' media event on October 4th. Definitely going to be the launch of the new iPhone 5 and who knows possibly the iPhone 4s as well. Not a very huge event like the WWDC which is generally held in Moscone center, seems to be low profile (relatively speaking) launch in Cupertino.
Old 28th September 2011, 10:06   #3597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
Apple announces 'Lets talk iPhone' media event on October 4th. Definitely going to be the launch of the new iPhone 5 and who knows possibly the iPhone 4s as well. Not a very huge event like the WWDC which is generally held in Moscone center, seems to be low profile (relatively speaking) launch in Cupertino.
Here is the news piece on WSJ online.

Apple Sends Out Invite For IPhone Event On Oct. 4 - WSJ.com
Old 1st October 2011, 00:35   #3598
Senior - BHPian

We have the facility of down load through itunes store. But it is a must to register the credit card. I have apple id but itunes is not accepting with out CC. I have a strong principle to use only debit card and not credit card. I can do net banking. But this apple's policy prevails me to use their services at least they can allow us to use net banking when ever required.
Old 1st October 2011, 10:00   #3599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
We have the facility of down load through itunes store. But it is a must to register the credit card. I have apple id but itunes is not accepting with out CC. I have a strong principle to use only debit card and not credit card. I can do net banking. But this apple's policy prevails me to use their services at least they can allow us to use net banking when ever required.
So till the time they do not allow, JB and installous can get you your apps, no?
Old 1st October 2011, 10:37   #3600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
When I registered way back in the year 2009, I added my CC and the next moment $50 was debited. But not to startle, it gets re-imbursed immediately. This is to check if you are holding a valid CC with sufficient funds for any purchases in the future.

Once the registering is complete, you can safely remove the CC details from your account.

As far as the Lets talk iPhone event, I am sure, Apple is gonna advertise their Assistant big time.
The new iOS would definitely be Voice driven UI.

Talking to the iPhone.

Last edited by dre@ms : 1st October 2011 at 10:38.

Most Viewed