Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 11:51   #3781

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
AFAIK the warranty for all iPhones is valid only in the country where you buy it. There is no international warranty. So if you want a iPhone with warranty, please buy it when it launches in India (thats not too far off)
There is an announcement regarding Refurbished iPhone 4 to be sold in India for under 25k by Apple itself with all warranties and guarantees.

Please web-search for the latest news.

Warm regards from Rom at just now cold Bangalore.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:57   #3782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Oh really?? That's a news to me. Thanks.

I don't mind waiting for the official launch in india but then the price difference is too steep. However spending big $$$ to buy a phone that does not have a warranty in India doesn't sound like a great idea to me.
Check this link for one guys hands on experience regd warranty.
WebWise : Javed Anwer's blog-The Times Of India

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRom View Post
There is an announcement regarding Refurbished iPhone 4 to be sold in India for under 25k by Apple itself with all warranties and guarantees.
Please web-search for the latest news.
DrRom the original query was whether the warranty for an iPhone 4S bought in the US is valid in India or not? thats what I replied.

Last edited by surd_biker : 18th November 2011 at 12:01.
Old 18th November 2011, 12:19   #3783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker
Check this link for one guys hands on experience regd warranty.
WebWise : Javed Anwer's blog-The Times Of India
Thanks so much for the link. That's a very big eye opener. I have called off my US plan instantly after reading this.

BTW... I seriously find their policy funny. May be they are doing it to stop people from taking the price advantage thereby protecting Airtel & Aircel's sales in India.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 18th November 2011 at 12:22.
Old 18th November 2011, 12:43   #3784
BHPian

All other Apple products have a global warranty expect the Iphone and expect in India. Anywhere else you dont have this issue...wonder why India and Iphone is singled out....or are other countries also subject to this?
Old 18th November 2011, 15:19   #3785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000
All other Apple products have a global warranty expect the Iphone and expect in India. Anywhere else you dont have this issue...wonder why India and Iphone is singled out....or are other countries also subject to this?
mav2000 what makes you think it is India specific?
Old 18th November 2011, 17:38   #3786
Senior - BHPian

Just saw on TOI:

Apple iPhone 4S prices are out: Airtel will be selling the iPhone 4S base model (16 GB) at Rs 44,500 whereas the top-end 64 GB model will cost Rs 57,500. The 32 GB model will be sold for Rs 50,900.

Almost 45k for the 16GB model!!! Is it made of Gold ?
Old 18th November 2011, 17:50   #3787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
It is my personal opinion but the idea is possibly to drive people to buy the higher capacity handsets - they are better VFM by comparison. Look at the difference between the 32GB and 64GB models - Rs 6.6K for double the memory.

Airtel has commenced pre booking of the iPhone. Aircel's site is down. These will be unlocked handsets as per the report.

Regards,

Last edited by R2D2 : 18th November 2011 at 17:53. Reason: typo :-)
Old 18th November 2011, 21:44   #3788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Iphone 4 is a hyped up product for it's asking price. What makes Iphone is the display, GUI and app store and above all it's marketing has made it what it is today. You can be as proud or even prouder to flash your IPhone as a Vertu. I have had an IPhone 4 for about a month and had been using the Nokia N8 before that for 6 months. there are a lot of limitations to what you can do with an IPhone: Blue tooth connects only with a headset and not any other phone. Battery life with iOS 5 is poor as compared with the N8. I have left the N8 with the 3G on automatic and have activated push mail. Has a great camera both still and video. Iphone has no flash support. N8 you can easily download youtube videos with the youtube downloader, which the IPhone hasn't (app is there but doesn't work). I can share songs and pics via bluetooth with a friend where as I can't with IPhone. I think the IPhone and Steve Jobs had been destined for success, nothing more nothing less. Difficult to transfer your contacts from any other non Apple phone to your new IPhone: have to go through devious ways: create a MfE(Mail for exchange) sync contacts to your gmail a/c and then go to ITunes and sync the contacts , calender and messages to to your Iphone, phew. I was dilly dallying of shifting to IPhone and as the symbian Belle update is around the corner and N8 starts to look real good interms of features and overall specs; OK I can live with the less than premium feel of the touch screen. I use the IPhone for my FB updates just for the sent from my IPhone message that tags along with it and the status associated with it.
Old 18th November 2011, 21:50   #3789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Iphone 4 is a hyped up product for it's asking price. What makes Iphone is the display, GUI and app store and above all it's marketing has made it what it is today. You can be as proud or even prouder to flash your IPhone as a Vertu. I have had an IPhone 4 for about a month and had been using the Nokia N8 before that for 6 months. there are a lot of limitations to what you can do with an IPhone: Blue tooth connects only with a headset and not any other phone. Battery life with iOS 5 is poor as compared with the N8. I have left the N8 with the 3G on automatic and have activated push mail. Has a great camera both still and video. Iphone has no flash support. N8 you can easily download Youtube videos with the Youtube downloader, which the IPhone hasn't (app is there but doesn't work). I can share songs and pics via bluetooth with a friend where as I can't with IPhone. I think the IPhone and Steve Jobs had been destined for success, nothing more nothing less. Difficult to transfer your contacts from any other non Apple phone to your new IPhone: have to go through devious ways: create a MfE(Mail for exchange) sync contacts to your gmail a/c and then go to ITunes and sync the contacts , calender and messages to to your Iphone, phew. I was dilly dallying of shifting to IPhone and as the symbian Belle update is around the corner and N8 starts to look real good interms of features and overall specs; OK I can live with the less than premium feel of the touch screen. I use the IPhone for my FB updates just for the sent from my IPhone message that tags along with it and the status associated with it.
All that you say is true.just an addon.
There is one thing that i would absolutely kill for to get on my android from the iphone.
The keyboard action.
Not emulators, but the actual thing.
I am way more than happy to use my android, but I envy iphone users that keypad.
I have tried everything on the market, paid or otherwise...no competition.
Old 18th November 2011, 22:08   #3790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
All that you say is true.just an addon.
There is one thing that i would absolutely kill for to get on my android from the iphone.
The keyboard action.
Not emulators, but the actual thing.
I am way more than happy to use my android, but I envy iphone users that keypad.
I have tried everything on the market, paid or otherwise...no competition.
All that 'aura' will wear thin within a few days after you realize the limitations of the Apple one by one and you'll like the Android much better for what it is. I was also in awe of Apple; that was until I got my hands on it.
Old 18th November 2011, 22:10   #3791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Durango Dude
......I use the IPhone for my FB updates just for the sent from my IPhone message that tags along with it and the status associated with it.
lol... Why spend $500+ to get that tag... A $200 ipod touch could do that as well ;-)
Old 19th November 2011, 17:24   #3792
BANNED

New price for iPhone 4, 8GB is 37900. That is 3400 Rs. More than what iphone 4, 16 GB used to cost. Clearly apple has gone mad in an effort to sell only iphone 4s!
Old 19th November 2011, 23:10   #3793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
lol... Why spend $500+ to get that tag... A $200 ipod touch could do that as well ;-)
Lucky me I didn't pay for it came as a compliment

Last edited by Durango Dude : 19th November 2011 at 23:11.
Old 20th November 2011, 17:26   #3794
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just saw on TOI:
==========
Airtel has really lost it! or they are having serious limited supplies!

https://shop.actify.in/s4a/page.do?c...D=categoryPage
Old 21st November 2011, 14:25   #3795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
New price for iPhone 4, 8GB is 37900. That is 3400 Rs. More than what iphone 4, 16 GB used to cost. Clearly apple has gone mad in an effort to sell only iphone 4s!
Mustang, could you tell us where you got this info. i couldnt find this on the internet. I am planning to buy Iphone 4 this week. The prices seems to be the same. Rs.34500 (16GB).

I doubt if 8GB will cost the same. If so i dont see any reason for Apple to produce it. It will be a loss for them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks