Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 12:18   #4216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r

Yeah, my iOS devices started auto update and are stuck for server response. But I am loving the new software.

I am yet to try making my iPad a wifi hotspot. I hope it works on iPad 2 on reliance. That will be such a boon for me.

Off topic: I don't think new iPad apart from the retina display has anything else I might need for next 1 year so sticking with my lovely muse the iPad 2.
If I'm not wrong, the iPad doesn't have hotspot feature in it. It's only available on the iPhone.
Remember, the new iPad has a superior processor and with that retina display, expect games like real racing to absolutely turn it on!
I'm quite happy with the progress from iPad 2 to new iPad (or is it iPad 3 or iPad HD?) the world expects too much from apple.
Old 8th March 2012, 12:23   #4217
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Guys

Has anyone heard of an exchange for iPhone? I might want to exchange my IP3GS with IP4S, if the exchange scheme is sensible. I heard from my bro that some mobile phone shop in Pune is doing this. I am not sure about the genuineness of this shop.
Old 8th March 2012, 12:28   #4218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002

If I'm not wrong, the iPad doesn't have hotspot feature in it. It's only available on the iPhone.
Remember, the new iPad has a superior processor and with that retina display, expect games like real racing to absolutely turn it on!
I'm quite happy with the progress from iPad 2 to new iPad (or is it iPad 3 or iPad HD?) the world expects too much from apple.
Brother, they have upgraded the software for wifi hotspot feature, I am gleefully waiting for the upgrade process to end

Yes, but as I mentioned for me as a power user in business terms do not play too many games, don't have 4G available yet and rarely use camera, still photographs sucks in iPad 2. FaceTime/ video are great already. More means more bills for services as well. Tech advancement is good but currently it's already exploring the digital divide of haves and have nots. 3G is still growing in India wonder if players will enter 4G this fast and for how many takers.

As you will easily make out from the keynotes they didn't once mentioned that the processing power has increased, it's only the graphic engine. I will get the new one if my small IT company is expected to design some more apps for it

The obvious omission I see it the NFC, that should be in there.
Old 8th March 2012, 12:31   #4219
BHPian

Just now installed the IOS 5.1 beta 3 onmy IPhone 4 and seems to have reduced the lag I was facing since past few months. Guys did you check out the New IPad released yesterday ???
Old 8th March 2012, 12:54   #4220
BHPian

why beta 5.1 when it's available for upgrade since yesterday? I uograed my Iphone4 yesterday, IPAD yet to.

I read about the IPAD which was potrayed yesterday, no name change as speculated

It comes with

> Better display
> A5X chipset
> Better battery backup
> Siri
> LTE compatible
> High resolution camera

Last edited by raghu230506 : 8th March 2012 at 13:05. Reason: typo
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 13:22   #4221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Which model is yours? I am on IP4 and constantly on wifi at home and office. No issues at all.
mine is an iPad 1, i never had problems earlier and would browse for hours non stop over wifi, but off late i have been having problems. The wifi remains connected but after 5 or 10 mins, there is no data transmission. It can be restored by turning the wifi off and again on, but its a pain to do so every 5 minutes.

i googled it, and it seems to be a known issue, but could not find any concrete solution. still searching.
Old 8th March 2012, 13:59   #4222
Senior - BHPian

My friend has brought down a locked iphone 4S. He took it to several shops, and they said it cannot be unlocked. Is there any way out?
Old 8th March 2012, 14:01   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Mods, sorry for chaining my post. Just for the info, I have found ForEverMap to do exactly what I wanted.
>>>
Where did you get it from? The link please.

Regards
Old 8th March 2012, 14:16   #4224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506
why beta 5.1 when it's available for upgrade since yesterday? I uograed my Iphone4 yesterday, IPAD yet to.
It comes with

> Better display
> A5X chipset
> Better battery backup
> Siri
> LTE compatible
> High resolution camera
yes Raghu got the Beta installed yesterday only but also know the normal 5.1 release should be just round the corner.

What was dismal for New IPad launch is that there was no specific date mentioned for India launch.

For me New iPad is straight away aiming for gamers and movie watchers as the resolution 2048X1536 which is higher than HD TV to provide exceptional gaming and movie watching experience. Certainly a leap forward from the present competition!
Old 8th March 2012, 15:10   #4225
Senior - BHPian

I did update iPod 4gen and iPad 2 to the new 5.1 version.

It's working great but iPad 2 isn't showing wifi hotspot feature :(

Rest all is almost similar. Hopefully battery management will be better now. Will report back soon.
Old 8th March 2012, 15:48   #4226
BHPian

Quote:
I did update iPod 4gen and iPad 2 to the new 5.1 version.

It's working great but iPad 2 isn't showing wifi hotspot feature :(

Rest all is almost similar. Hopefully battery management will be better now. Will report back soon.
Just do a reset and restart, it should solve the issue of WiFi hotspot disabled.
Old 8th March 2012, 16:16   #4227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi

Just do a reset and restart, it should solve the issue of WiFi hotspot disabled.
I will surely try as it will sort out a lot of issues for me. I have 3 different plans for home, office & travel.
Old 8th March 2012, 18:17   #4228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi

Saurabh, bro it did not work, I did the compete restore.
The iPad started again, did complete restart from scratch but didn't get the wifi hotspot that's promised in 5.1 OS.

Now that I have complete upgrade, it still doesn't show the dictation option. Grrrr!

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 8th March 2012 at 18:19.
Old 8th March 2012, 18:34   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post

Now that I have complete upgrade, it still doesn't show the dictation option. Grrrr!
I guess dictation (Siri) is applicable to IPAD 3 and not for IPAD2 so an upgrade would not install it.

Similar to I4S Vs I4 for Siri.
Old 8th March 2012, 19:43   #4230
BHPian

Quote:

Saurabh, bro it did not work, I did the compete restore.
The iPad started again, did complete restart from scratch but didn't get the wifi hotspot that's promised in 5.1 OS.
!
Sorry dear it did work for my IPhone 4. I am not sure if you already tried but still putting across:

Solution 1:
1. Launch the settings app
2. Tap general>network
3. Scroll down and look for Personal hotspot
4. If it somehow got turned off and turn it back on

Solution 2:
1. Launch the settings app
2. Tap General>reset
3. Tap on Reset Network Settings.
4. Wait for device to restart and if you still don't see it repeat solution 1.

Most Viewed