Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 10:02   #4411
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
AT&T will now unlock your iPhone—if you are in good account standing and are done with your obligated term of commitment (including having paid an early termination fee.)
Old 9th April 2012, 10:22   #4412
AWD
BHPian

Need suggestions for a good iPhone 4s (White) case. Should offer protection, look good, easy access to controls & buttons.
Old 9th April 2012, 12:18   #4413
BHPian

I always prefer a flip type case for any smart phone that I have. These type of cases are very secure especially when you accidentally drop your device. They offer complete protection. I have been quite satisfied with such cases. They hide the beauty of the phone, but offer great protection.

Have a look at this one. It may be interesting for you.

Amazon.com: Safari iPhone 4 Flip Case Finest Genuine Leather - Hand Crafted - Full Grain Leather - Protective Front Flap - Luxury Style - Color Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Last edited by joe1980 : 9th April 2012 at 12:21.
Old 9th April 2012, 12:25   #4414
BHPian

>>>

How to watch videos downloaded from YouTube into the YouTube app without connecting to the cellular data or VPN networks? I think it ridiculous if I have to connect to the data network to watch a video that I have already downloaded on the iPhone.

Help on this welcome!

Re. covers for the iPhone, I purchased a brand 'moshi' back cover and a complete cover from the iPhone shop in Inorbit Mall, Malad, Bombay. Frightfully expensive, but you know sometimes you make this stupid/instinctive purchase decisions.

Regards
Old 9th April 2012, 12:30   #4415
BHPian

Any ideas on some of the best / favorite / popular games with all iPhone Users?
Old 9th April 2012, 12:39   #4416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Need suggestions for a good iPhone 4s (White) case. Should offer protection, look good, easy access to controls & buttons.
Cases never do justice to the brilliant design and look of an iphone. Since you need protection & it should look good I suggest you going for a iPhone bumper. It offers protection to the vital exterior shell and doesnt look bad either, check videos on youtube so you can see exactly how it is, you will find them on ebay for 200-300rs. Also try transparent cases that belkin offers they dont look cover up the design too. Further to protect the screen buy screen guards (back and rear) in retail stores you get them for around 300-500 rs but order online from flipkart and you would get them cheap. I change my screen guards every 6 months as they develop scratches.

Belkin cases

Flipkart Screen Guard
Old 9th April 2012, 16:02   #4417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
I have installed Asphalt 6 and Angry Birds. I find them both to be a good entertainment for me and my daughter.
Old 10th April 2012, 22:33   #4418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I have installed Asphalt 6 and Angry Birds. I find them both to be a good entertainment for me and my daughter.
Couple more good games which i can suggest:

1. Cut the rope
2. Temple Run
Old 10th April 2012, 22:45   #4419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain

Couple more good games which i can suggest:

1. Cut the rope
2. Temple Run
Another good game is "Parking Car". The good part is this one is free.
Old 10th April 2012, 22:46   #4420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive
Try Jenga and Real Racing 2... I've been addicted to them for a while now. Stick cricket is lame but insanely addictive once you take on tougher teams.
Old 11th April 2012, 23:54   #4421
BHPian

Best Games (4S)

Infinity Blade II - Looks friggin stunning , good time killer,
Angry Birds Space - Just like Angry Birds but so much more awesome!
Real Racing 2 - Can get boring but good timekill
The Impossible Game - stays very true to the title!!
Temple Run- Extremely Addictive Warning
Contre Jour HD/World of Goo - Either of them will give you hours of entertainment. Contre Jour Music is absolutely amazing!
Old 12th April 2012, 11:16   #4422
Senior - BHPian

Became handicapped since end of February with out the Iphone4 which was stolen. Now again I got an Iphone4s and came out of the handicapped situation. IP4s is far better than 4s. First thing I did was I down loaded maaii software from maaii - A multi-platform app for free calling and messaging.
I called ISD calls to my friends abroad free of cost. Maaii gives free calls worth1.90 US$ every day. If any one is not aware of it please try. You can save lot of money. Make it sure that you do have wifi or with in the wifi access distance. It is like VOIP calls.
Old 12th April 2012, 11:51   #4423
BHPian

^^ i tried using Viber which works the same as maaii but the call quality is extremely poor ! Hows the voice clarity of Maaii ?
Old 12th April 2012, 12:25   #4424
Senior - BHPian

I used maaii in the past and it was good and the clarity of voice is excellent, when I am with in the Wifi range. To day I called to Singapore and Malaysia after the new installation. It is as good as a mobile call. As it is free, there is no harm in trying and checking in any body's wifi range. As it is with in the itunes it should be good too.

Last edited by navan49 : 12th April 2012 at 12:39.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:05   #4425
BHPian

My iPhone (4S) has gone back to the service centre for the third time now (would be getting a new phone as replacement i guess)

The Phone all of a sudden stopped recognizing the SIM Card & does not connect to the Network (Keeps on Searching for Network) - Displays a No Service Message.

Apple (in USA) has already acknowledged the issue and the remedy given is to update to iOS 5.1 (or) get it replaced in a Apple Service Centre. Since I', already running on iOS 5.1 - My Phone would be replaced - They have asked for 4 working days to check on the issue. Hope i get a good working phone at least this time !

Most Viewed