Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 23:08   #4426
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

The Iphone4s is greta. I synchronized my new Iphone4s, with itunes and a window asked whether I want to get back my old Iphone 4's datas to be backed up in the new one or not.I clicked yes and When it did, My new phone became like old with the same old ring tone, all the old photos and the screen saver appeared as it was in my old lost phone. Great I got all my valuable datas for the price I paid.Even the notes were also backed up again.
Old 13th April 2012, 08:46   #4427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I used maaii in the past and it was good and the clarity of voice is excellent, when I am with in the Wifi range. To day I called to Singapore and Malaysia after the new installation. It is as good as a mobile call. As it is free, there is no harm in trying and checking in any body's wifi range. As it is with in the itunes it should be good too.
So it needs 3G or WiFi and doesnt work on 'E' ?
Old 13th April 2012, 10:25   #4428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Became handicapped since end of February with out the Iphone4 which was stolen. Now again I got an Iphone4s and came out of the handicapped situation. IP4s is far better than 4s. First thing I did was I down loaded maaii software from maaii - A multi-platform app for free calling and messaging.
I called ISD calls to my friends abroad free of cost. Maaii gives free calls worth1.90 US$ every day. If any one is not aware of it please try. You can save lot of money. Make it sure that you do have wifi or with in the wifi access distance. It is like VOIP calls.
Guess the free minutes is only for a limited time. How is the call quality?

Congrats on your new IP4S. Sorry to hear that you old IP4S was stolen. Hope you get that back as well.
Old 15th April 2012, 12:55   #4429
Senior - BHPian

In February Maaii was giving free credit of 1.9 Us$ daily.But now a days they give only 1.9 US $ per week. They credit the said amount every Sunday. Call clarity is good. It seems the free credit may vanish slowly. For me weekly 1.9 also fine.
Old 16th April 2012, 07:34   #4430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>How to watch videos downloaded from YouTube into the YouTube app without connecting to the cellular data or VPN networks? I think it ridiculous if I have to connect to the data network to watch a video that I have already downloaded on the iPhone.Help on this welcome!
If you want to watch your fav You Tube video's download this soft ware and use it to convert videos to iPhone Format and then sync through iTunes. There is no way you can download videos directly to iPhone as in a Nokia. Follow the link: Free YouTube to iPhone Converter: Download Manager - YouTube to iPhone Downloader
Old 16th April 2012, 09:02   #4431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude
There is no way you can download videos directly to iPhone as in a Nokia.
There are players that let you download videos directly to iPhone. I am using one by name GoodPlayer, please have a look at it http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goodp...416756729?mt=8
Old 16th April 2012, 09:16   #4432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
There are players that let you download videos directly to iPhone. I am using one by name GoodPlayer, please have a look at it GoodPlayer for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Good Player is $2.99, what I'm referring to is free. Is it possible to download You Tube videos with Good Player? If so may give it a try? How good is Good Player? Kindly let us know.
Old 16th April 2012, 09:19   #4433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Good Player is $2.99, what I'm referring to is free. Is it possible to download You Tube videos with Good Player? If so may give it a try? How good is Good Player? Kindly let us know.
Its a reasonably good player, it has a built in web browser interface for searching videos and then you can download it directly to the phone. Jail break your phone then all this is yours for free
Old 16th April 2012, 11:31   #4434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
If you want to watch your fav You Tube video's download this soft ware and use it to convert videos to iPhone Format and then sync through iTunes. There is no way you can download videos directly to iPhone as in a Nokia. Follow the link: Free YouTube to iPhone Converter: Download Manager - YouTube to iPhone Downloader
Does this work without Jailbreaking? If yes, I would have to look elsewhere.
Old 16th April 2012, 12:58   #4435
BHPian

>>>

Durango Dude,

Thank you - this will be a big big help. Will download and check.

Regards
issigonis
Old 16th April 2012, 14:00   #4436
Senior - BHPian

The reset option has disappeared of out of my sg3, any idea how to correct it? even gmail is not syncing contacts. I am on official vodafone piece with 5.1 update
Old 16th April 2012, 14:39   #4437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Does this work without Jailbreaking? If yes, I would have to look elsewhere.
Since you are converting the video on a computer and transferring it over, it would just be a normal video file and would work on both JBed as well as non JBed phones.

Those using a mac can use a simple trick to download YouTube videos using Safari -
Quote:
Open the page with the movie and press Command-Option-A, which shows the Activity window. If you're also loading other sites, you'll see a list of them: scroll until you find the YouTube page and click on the arrow to show details about what is being loaded.
You will certainly notice an element whose size is over 0.5MB (most of the time, over 5MB). Double-click on it (even if it is still loading), and Safari will download it. When the download is over, navigate to the file in the Finder (which will probably be called get_video) and add the extension .flv to its name. Now you can play it with VLC or with QuickTime
Easily download YouTube movies via Safari - Mac OS X Hints
I use this all the time and it works like a charm.

Last edited by vinod332002 : 16th April 2012 at 14:43.
Old 16th April 2012, 18:37   #4438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
AT&T will now unlock your iPhone—if you are in good account standing and are done with your obligated term of commitment (including having paid an early termination fee.)
This is indeed true for all the users who have their phones from US. My friend had bought my iPhone 4 in an apple shop but then when i opened it here, it was locked to AT&T. have been struggling for a couple of years now (survived by the Gevey Card). But this news was great and i called their international Customer service and provided my details

Got the confirmation email in 3 days and now that i connect to itunes to do a restore, I have an unlocked iphone. Took me 2 years to unlock an iPhone for which i had paid upfront to have it unlocked. seems funny now

However, posting this for the benefit of others who have paid the full amount but have locked phones in India. more information on this iphone site.

How to Unlock an iPhone with AT&T
Old 17th April 2012, 11:15   #4439
BHPian

Guys, need some help - my sim tray on the iphone 3gs is stuck. This is a factory unlocked phone and so obviously warranty is out of the picture.

however, all i want is to have a working sim tray so that I can start re-using the phone again.
Any suggestions on where to take this? any of you faced this issue?
I have no issues paying for a replacement tray and getting this serviced/ repaired officially, but where is the question!

all this happened coz of my iphone 4s, i cut the sim into a micro sim and used an adapter while using the same sim on the 3gs, and it had got stuck, i had managed to pull the tray out, and it snapped back in perfectly, after a week, the sim tray just doesn't pop out any more!

thanks in advance for any help on this
Old 17th April 2012, 11:23   #4440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek
Any suggestions on where to take this?
Friendly neighborhood mobile repair shop.

Most Viewed