Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 00:43   #4471
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
I have been using an iPhone 3GS 32 GB and have given to my sister. I bought it in US some 16 months back. In India I have jail-broken and unlocked. It was working fine until last week and suddenly have gone dead. I have tried switching ON but it never worked. I brought it to a repair shop in Ritchie street and I was told that a main chip has gone and can't be repaired. Is there any way to repair it India? Can you please suggest me a good repair shop or authorised service centre to repair it?

Thanks in advance
Before you think of repairing it, make sure the battery is fully charged and the adapter is working.

Try connecting the phone to a PC USB port to see if it switches on and is recognised in Windows. If there is no response then this is a case for a repair shop. You will need to approach one of the unofficial ones as Apple authorised centres will not repair phones purchased abroad. Also, JB voids the warranty. Assume the unlocking was done thru official channels.

See here for further help.

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

For recommended repair facilities unofficial that is, I guess Chennai based TBHPians will be able to guide further.

Cheers!
Old 23rd April 2012, 07:55   #4472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner
Hi Friends,

I have been using an iPhone 3GS 32 GB and have given to my sister. I bought it in US some 16 months back. In India I have jail-broken and unlocked. It was working fine until last week and suddenly have gone dead. I have tried switching ON but it never worked. I brought it to a repair shop in Ritchie street and I was told that a main chip has gone and can't be repaired. Is there any way to repair it India? Can you please suggest me a good repair shop or authorised service centre to repair it?

Thanks in advance
If you don't mind sending your iPhone to Bangalore, I can give you name and address of the guy who can repair almost all idevices. I can PM you the details if sending your phone to Bangalore is not a problem for you.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:14   #4473
Distinguished - BHPian

iPhone 4S - Max Battery Life

2 days and 6 hours. This is the max battery life could squeeze out from my IP4S with light to medium (8 hours and 30 minutes) of use on a 3G network. See screen shot attached.

3G normally uses additional battery power compared to a 2G with EDGE data connection. The phone was run from 100% charge to auto shutdown when the battery was at around 1%.

What kind of battery life are other 4S users experiencing?

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-battery-life.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2012, 11:19   #4474
BHPian

I get 10 hours of battery life from a 100% charge. Listen to 2 hours of music, spoke about 55 minutes on calls, 30 minutes of Asphalt 6. Apart form this, randomly I unlock the phone to check my emails, news updates and so on. In general, I have to charge it to 100% during the night and use it throught the day.
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:26   #4475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I get 10 hours of battery life from a 100% charge. Listen to 2 hours of music, spoke about 55 minutes on calls, 30 minutes of Asphalt 6. Apart form this, randomly I unlock the phone to check my emails, news updates and so on. In general, I have to charge it to 100% during the night and use it throught the day.
What does your usage counter say? It is in the 'Time since full recharge panel', as in the screen shot below. That will give you an accurate count.

You need to read the time in usage + standby to get an idea of the battery consumption between full charges for your type of use.

2 days 6 hours in standby & 8.5 hours of usage is the max I have got from any iPhone I used till date - that includes the 3gs 32GB, 4 32 GB and the current 4s 64GB.

IOS 5.1 has certainly improved battery life at least in my case.
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:00   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
If you don't mind sending your iPhone to Bangalore, I can give you name and address of the guy who can repair almost all idevices. I can PM you the details if sending your phone to Bangalore is not a problem for you.
@lazybrain - Can you please pm me the name and address details, my wife's iphone 4's home button is not behaving properly, hence this need.
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:15   #4477
Senior - BHPian

Try out the Cinemagram app on the App Store its a real fun app.
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:46   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin

@lazybrain - Can you please pm me the name and address details, my wife's iphone 4's home button is not behaving properly, hence this need.
You may check out the iRepair folks in Koramangala!
Old 24th April 2012, 00:53   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Before you think of repairing it, make sure the battery is fully charged and the adapter is working.

Try connecting the phone to a PC USB port to see if it switches on and is recognised in Windows. If there is no response then this is a case for a repair shop. You will need to approach one of the unofficial ones as Apple authorised centres will not repair phones purchased abroad. Also, JB voids the warranty. Assume the unlocking was done thru official channels.

See here for further help.

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

For recommended repair facilities unofficial that is, I guess Chennai based TBHPians will be able to guide further.

Cheers!
Thanks R2D2, I have done the step as mentioned by you but the phone is completely dead. As I bought it from US, I think I can't get it repaired from apple authorised stores against warranty. But I am willing to pay for the repairs by an Apple authorised service center.

So I am looking for a authorised service center or a very reliable person to repair it.

Thanks again.
Old 24th April 2012, 00:56   #4480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Hi lazybrain,

Thanks for your help. Can you please send me the address and phone number of the person?

Thanks,
Old 24th April 2012, 20:53   #4481
Senior - BHPian

Anybody know of a good iPhone repair guy in Bom / Pune? My iPhone 4's home button is giving trouble and getting worse each month, I think I need to have it replaced. Suggestions?
Old 24th April 2012, 21:56   #4482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Anybody know of a good iPhone repair guy in Bom / Pune? My iPhone 4's home button is giving trouble and getting worse each month, I think I need to have it replaced. Suggestions?
I had my iPhone's home key adjusted some time back. Had used a guy called Mashood. He is in Fort area and runs an outlet called Mashood Shopping Centre. Hi contact number is +912222871031 and +919892212345. He charged me Rs 700 if I remember correctly. Pretty reliable guy, he also supplies phones to our office.
Old 27th April 2012, 18:56   #4483
BHPian

Re: iPhone 4S - Max Battery Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
2 days and 6 hours. This is the max battery life could squeeze out from my IP4S with light to medium (8 hours and 30 minutes) of use on a 3G network. See screen shot attached.

3G normally uses additional battery power compared to a 2G with EDGE data connection. The phone was run from 100% charge to auto shutdown when the battery was at around 1%.

What kind of battery life are other 4S users experiencing?

Cheers!
On CellOne 3G , Brightness at about 80%. Loads of spotify streaming, Flipboard and a few phone calls
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-007.png  

Old 8th May 2012, 16:27   #4484
Team-BHP Support

5.1.1 update released, updated on iPhone 4 just now Just bug fixes they say, jailbreakers and unlockers stay away for the time being.
Old 8th May 2012, 19:37   #4485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
5.1.1 update released, updated on iPhone 4 just now Just bug fixes they say, jailbreakers and unlockers stay away for the time being.
Thats really sad news. Jailbreak community was working hard all these days to release untethered Jailbreak for 5.1 and even before it was released apple pushed 5.1.1 update :(. Shortly apple will stop signing 5.1 and all the efforts for 5.1 untethered jailbreak will be wasted.

I dont know why am I getting a feeling but jailbreak will no more be free of cost in future!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks