Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 20:37   #4486
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Thats really sad news. Jailbreak community was working hard all these days to release untethered Jailbreak for 5.1 and even before it was released apple pushed 5.1.1 update :(. Shortly apple will stop signing 5.1 and all the efforts for 5.1 untethered jailbreak will be wasted.

I dont know why am I getting a feeling but jailbreak will no more be free of cost in future!
How are you sure that Apple has plugged the hole in 5.1.1 even when the 5.1 jailbreak isnt out?
Old 8th May 2012, 20:42   #4487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Thats really sad news. Jailbreak community was working hard all these days to release untethered Jailbreak for 5.1 and even before it was released apple pushed 5.1.1 update :(. Shortly apple will stop signing 5.1 and all the efforts for 5.1 untethered jailbreak will be wasted.

I dont know why am I getting a feeling but jailbreak will no more be free of cost in future!
For all those using iPhone 4-4S with iOS 5.1, with particular baseband of , without unlocking, you can use your iPhone in India with any service provider by using GEVEY SIM ULTRA S, which supports particular basebands. You get customized SIM Tray along with GEVEY SIM ULTRA which is only available in US and can be shipped to India through eBay for $50 + shipping charges.

I had been using GEVEY Pro on my iPhone 4, which was bought in UK and it works fine with few steps to be performed.

Lately I had bought iPhone 4S as well, and have been using GEVEY ULTRA with my iOS 5.1 and works fine.
Old 8th May 2012, 20:50   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
How are you sure that Apple has plugged the hole in 5.1.1 even when the 5.1 jailbreak isnt out?
It's yet to confirmed and even I am not sure, neither I mentioned it conclusive. If the hole is not closed it is good for everyone
Old 8th May 2012, 20:54   #4489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain

Do not be surprised if Apple is increasing the frequency of updates deliberately to stymy efforts by the Dev team.

From Apple's point of view it is a good way to discourage JB and BB unlocking
Old 8th May 2012, 22:04   #4490
Senior - BHPian

Just installed iOS 5.1.1. No visible difference with iOS 5.1.
Anytime updates are good to have.
Old 8th May 2012, 23:13   #4491
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded to iOS 5.1.1. Like above, no visible difference from the version before. Time will tell if I bump into something
Old 9th May 2012, 23:55   #4492
BHPian

This is sad, iphone is no fun without a jailbreak, i recently had a flash problem and was forced to update to 5.1, now i am left without a jailbreak. I miss Sb settings and task killer. Either Apple provides these mods with its OS or stops messing around with jailbreaks.
Old 10th May 2012, 00:07   #4493
BHPian

I had the home button issue and realized that it works very well if I press the button around the edges of the circle/button. No issues since.
Old 13th May 2012, 16:34   #4494
BHPian

Anyone using the Files Pro iPhone app? I would like to know how I could transfer files from my Windows machine to my IP4S using a WiFi connection. There seems to be no good source of information that I could get. Anyone already using this app here? Please help!
Old 13th May 2012, 16:49   #4495
BHPian

http://www.facebook.com/Limera1n
Old 13th May 2012, 17:33   #4496
Senior - BHPian

Having problems with FaceTime on the new iPad. Calls made from my iPhone 4S don't show up on the iPad. Same with iMessages which are erratic. Anyone else facing same problems .
Old 13th May 2012, 17:36   #4497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Anyone using the Files Pro iPhone app? I would like to know how I could transfer files from my Windows machine to my IP4S using a WiFi connection. There seems to be no good source of information that I could get. Anyone already using this app here? Please help!
Try dropbox. it is the easiest way to transfer any type of file. I use it regularly to transfer Pdf's and presentations.
Old 13th May 2012, 18:53   #4498
BHPian

I found the way to transfer files from my computer to my IP4S using Files Pro. There was some information available in the Olive Toast website.

With dropbox, do I store the files locally or in the dropbox cloud? I do not want my docs in the cloud.
Old 14th May 2012, 14:16   #4499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980
I found the way to transfer files from my computer to my IP4S using Files Pro. There was some information available in the Olive Toast website.

With dropbox, do I store the files locally or in the dropbox cloud? I do not want my docs in the cloud.
Drop box is the best solution till date. Google drive is now trying to play catchup.
Those are local files also available on cloud, however, you can remove from cloud but then do copy the files away from the dropbox sync folder. Cheers!
Old 14th May 2012, 14:43   #4500
BHPian

Guys, Just an info (not sure if this has been discussed already) -
The validity of the warranty for IPhone's brought from abroad depends entirely on the retail store's authority in India. In other words, the Apple store owners in India may or may not agree to service your phone under warranty in India if its bought from abroad.
In my case, I had bought an Iphone 4 from UK and on facing some issues (headphone socket problems) took it to the Apple store Kolkata with the original receipt. But the Apple service executives told me that for IPhones bought from abroad, the warranty is not valid in India!! I called up the UK store claiming that it is clearly written in the T&C's that its an international warranty, but they said that it was entirely dependent on the country's jurisdiction whether they wanted to accept the foreign warranty or not and Apple UK could do nothing if they didn't.
What they could do however was get it serviced/repaired if it was send back to UK. I eventually did the same (since the Kolkata apple store asked me 4-5K for repairing) and was without my IPhone for a month (send it to UK via one of my colleagues). It did get repaired effectively, but people should be aware of this warranty fact before they buy an IPhone from US/UK. Not worth taking the trouble of getting it for a few thousands cheaper and eventually not having the warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks