Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2012, 12:25   #4576
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Pardon my ignorance. Is this unlock thing mentioned here is something specific to iPhones purchased from the US? Asked because, every second post in this thread on phone unlocking, jailbreaking etc.

The iPhones we have here (in Singapore) does not have a problem like this. I can buy an iPhone directly from the Apple store, or from any of the mobile service provider and switch around without any problem. And it works without any trouble when I go to India and put in a local (micro)sim e.g.; airtel.
It depends on the rules and regulations to a specific geography on how the devices should be sold and under what terms and conditions that apply. I guess with the new iPhone which is expected to be released this year, it is possible to buy them unlocked even in the US.
Old 3rd June 2012, 17:01   #4577
BHPian

VOILA!! just got my iphone 4 factory unlocked!!
I had got it out of craigs during may'11 (april month activated) and was running with gevey till now with ios 4.3 and bb 3.10.01. just tried my luck caling at&t on 30th evening and got a response from the CSE that they need original no. and owner name which i had no clue of. Tried again after 20mins and this CSE readily opened a case for me and gav the reference# with ETA of 7th june. I received a mail on 1st itself saying issue is resolved with no other details. So went ahead and tried the restore today ; after a good nail biting 1-2 hrs finally got the message it is unlocked when connected to itunes. Restarted with just my airtel sim inside and it readily picked up signals- and thats it.
Now: Eager to update it to the latest ios 5.1.1 - its approx a 800mb download and so will get it during night BSNL UL hours.
Guys: With light intentions of doing a later jailbreak- (but in no hurry) pls advise it will be ok to just get all latest update thru itunes?? And not worry if untethered jb is indeed available now for latest or not?
Old 3rd June 2012, 18:40   #4578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter
Guys: With light intentions of doing a later jailbreak- (but in no hurry) pls advise it will be ok to just get all latest update thru itunes?? And not worry if untethered jb is indeed available now for latest or not?
iOS 5.1.1 can be jail broken untethered using Absinthe 2.0.2 Just update your phone with the latest updates from iTunes and then jail break. Have fun :-)
Old 3rd June 2012, 21:20   #4579
M.R
BANNED

How to activate 4S 5.1.1 without original sim ?
Tried jail breaking with absinthe but it says "Device must be activated to jailbreak" so no luck.
any solution guys ?
Old 5th June 2012, 23:06   #4580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.R
How to activate 4S 5.1.1 without original sim ?
Tried jail breaking with absinthe but it says "Device must be activated to jailbreak" so no luck.
any solution guys ?
You should have preserved your base band before upgrading to iOS 5.1.1 Absinthe doesn't have the feature to preserve the BB, but Redsn0w can.
Old 5th June 2012, 23:39   #4581
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to get Siri on iPhone 4? I mean, legally and no jailbreaking?
Old 5th June 2012, 23:41   #4582
M.R
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
You should have preserved your base band before upgrading to iOS 5.1.1 Absinthe doesn't have the feature to preserve the BB, but Redsn0w can.
Hmm..red snow doesn't support, so any way to get it activated & unlocked ?
thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 06:40   #4583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
Is there a way to get Siri on iPhone 4? I mean, legally and no jailbreaking?
As of now IPhone 4 doesn't support Siri legally. Even the Siri installed via jailbreak is a complicated one, it requires a token from an iPhone 4s and a proxy server to work fine.
Old 7th June 2012, 01:31   #4584
BHPian

How do I change the sound settings such that when I get a call, the alert tone that I have set (currently tweet) only rings once and then the phone goes to a silent mode? Any tips?
Old 7th June 2012, 01:48   #4585
Senior - BHPian

Any thoughts on how to change the number on iMessage. A friend just landed from the US ,but is unable to use iMessage or FaceTime ,as the system still shows the old number. Hence it shows verifying'

None of the discussions on other forums were of any help , even though this is a very common problem
Old 7th June 2012, 02:19   #4586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980
How do I change the sound settings such that when I get a call, the alert tone that I have set (currently tweet) only rings once and then the phone goes to a silent mode? Any tips?
Not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
Any thoughts on how to change the number on iMessage. A friend just landed from the US ,but is unable to use iMessage or FaceTime ,as the system still shows the old number. Hence it shows verifying'

None of the discussions on other forums were of any help , even though this is a very common problem
Remove the sim.
Switch off the phone.
Insert new sim.
Switch on.
Go to settings -> messages
Click on "receive at" and change the phone number if its not updated.
Let us know if it works. You may have to wait 5-6 mins.
Old 7th June 2012, 03:14   #4587
BHPian

If I use garageband to produce such a tone? Anyone tried that? I love the tweet alert tone that comes as a standard alert tone in the factory iPhone. I would be happy if it beeps only once. Any idea on how I could transfer that tweet alert into the Garageband app and edit it?
Old 9th June 2012, 13:23   #4588
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good app that could manage my expenses every month and show me a report of what and how much I spent? I'm currently using XpenseLite. I find this a bit dissapointing at times. Looking for an even more better App. Any recommendations?
Old 9th June 2012, 14:19   #4589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980
Can anyone recommend a good app that could manage my expenses every month and show me a report of what and how much I spent? I'm currently using XpenseLite. I find this a bit dissapointing at times. Looking for an even more better App. Any recommendations?
Try using Piggie - http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&sou...CZcVBZnx-mJwbg
Old 9th June 2012, 14:49   #4590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Try using Piggie - App Store - Piggie
Is there a free trial version? a Lite version maybe?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks