Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:14   #4681
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

After two and half years, my 3GS broke his glass from a fall from 3FT. Luckily its near the curve of the Home button. Not distracting the view in any case.

Will I get the glass replaced anywhere in Hyderabad? Any ideas how much should it cost ? And any ideas when is the birth of iPhone 5 ?

Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:38   #4682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
And any ideas when is the birth of iPhone 5 ?

Thanks
it is already born in Sir Ive's lab. It just hasn't been 'delivered' to us yet
Is it just he glass or digitizer as well?
If you are brave enough then you can order off eBay and change the asy yourself.

Last edited by rtandon : 23rd June 2012 at 11:45.
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:23   #4683
BHPian

I recently came across this all purpose case for the iPhone 4 and 4S.

Creators of popular LunaTik iPod nano straps bringing their design to the iPhone with TAKTIK | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Looks sturdy and offers a better protection for the iPhone.

If you scroll to the bottom in the following page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...for-the-iphone

You'll notice that they already have a case available for the iPhone 5. What is it?

Last edited by joe1980 : 23rd June 2012 at 13:26.
Old 23rd June 2012, 16:14   #4684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
it is already born in Sir Ive's lab. It just hasn't been 'delivered' to us yet
Is it just he glass or digitizer as well?
If you are brave enough then you can order off eBay and change the asy yourself.
It is just the glass pal. And BTW, is the DIY quite easy or stay away from it ?
Old 28th June 2012, 19:27   #4685
Senior - BHPian

My iphone 3GS went dead today. It was working fine just minutes ago. Battery was around full. I had just checked my e-mail and kept it aside.

A few moments later, when i tried to operate it, it was as if it was switched off. There was no power when I pressed the Home button. Thinking that it might have got switched off on its own, I tried switching it back on using the power button. There was no response, it just won't turn back on. I tried re-charging it, again no response. It is not charging either. I handle my iphone like a baby, never use it roughly or press any of the buttons harshly. The phone is hardly six months old.

Apple store is hopelessly far away from my place. Any pointers to a solution or if anyone faced similar problem with their iphones would help me immensely .

Last edited by skanchan95 : 28th June 2012 at 19:36.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:09   #4686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95
My iphone 3GS went dead today. It was working fine just minutes ago. Battery was around full. I had just checked my e-mail and kept it aside.

A few moments later, when i tried to operate it, it was as if it was switched off. There was no power when I pressed the Home button. Thinking that it might have got switched off on its own, I tried switching it back on using the power button. There was no response, it just won't turn back on. I tried re-charging it, again no response. It is not charging either. I handle my iphone like a baby, never use it roughly or press any of the buttons harshly. The phone is hardly six months old.

Apple store is hopelessly far away from my place. Any pointers to a solution or if anyone faced similar problem with their iphones would help me immensely .
Try pressing Home and Power button simultaneously till you see the Apple Logo. It may works.
Old 29th June 2012, 08:53   #4687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Try pressing Home and Power button simultaneously till you see the Apple Logo. It may works.
Thanks a lot mate. That did the trick .
Old 29th June 2012, 09:17   #4688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Thanks a lot mate. That did the trick .
Great and it's a normally happenings in my home.
My son always do some mischievous work in the IP4 and hang it almost all the day.
He is an expert in hanging the iPhone4. Once it's blackout, he himself brings back life of iPhone by pressing both Home and Power Button.
My Home Button is almost dead and waiing to replace it.
Old 29th June 2012, 11:36   #4689
Team-BHP Support

I have trained my kids not touch my phone. So they always have their way with my wife's phone.

Last edited by Samurai : 29th June 2012 at 11:44.
Old 29th June 2012, 11:53   #4690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I have trained my kids not touch my phone. So they always have their way with my wife's phone.
In my Home, It's reversed. They won't touch my wife's belongings.
Any how I enjoy watching my 2.5 years son searches in youtube and watches Rhymes and his favourite Lord Kannan Songs and Plays his most favourite Temple Run Game at the cost of his father.
Many a times I asked him to handle the phone safely. Sometimes he obeyed and mostly he did it as he wanted to be.

God only saves my iPhone4.

Jokes apart, He handles it very safely. so no worries, but my daugther is growing up and started keen on iPhone. Awaiting her turn.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 29th June 2012 at 11:55.
Old 29th June 2012, 16:14   #4691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik

In my Home, It's reversed. They won't touch my wife's belongings.
Any how I enjoy watching my 2.5 years son searches in Youtube and watches Rhymes and his favourite Lord Kannan Songs and Plays his most favourite Temple Run Game at the cost of his father.
Many a times I asked him to handle the phone safely. Sometimes he obeyed and mostly he did it as he wanted to be.

God only saves my iPhone4.

Jokes apart, He handles it very safely. so no worries, but my daugther is growing up and started keen on iPhone. Awaiting her turn.
I've taught my 3yr old niece not to touch my iPhone. Clever thing that she is, she makes me hold the phone and uses my finger as a stylus !
Old 29th June 2012, 16:53   #4692
Senior - BHPian

My 3 year old daughter can do all the following tasks on her own on my iPhone 3GS-

1) Play her fav video
2) Play her fav song
3) Play her fav games (Angry Birds, Flick Soccer, FruitNinja)
4) Keep drawing and painting using "Doodle Buddy"
5) Tell someone that her b'day is on 6th April every year by scrolling up and down in the calendar
6) Move the icons here and there
7) Zoom in and out of a picture using 2 fingers

I have disabled "Delete an app" action, so she cant delete anything atleast.

Gosh! I got my iPhone when I was 32 and she was 2 years. 30 years generation gap and see the diff.
Old 30th June 2012, 03:10   #4693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
After two and half years, my 3GS broke his glass from a fall from 3FT. Luckily its near the curve of the Home button. Not distracting the view in any case.

Will I get the glass replaced anywhere in Hyderabad? Any ideas how much should it cost ? And any ideas when is the birth of iPhone 5 ?

Thanks
I am actually going to replace a friend's 3GS glass as soon as i return to Bangalore next week. Both the front and back has crashed due to a bad fall. I bought the front glass + digitizer + back cover too on ebay (not yet delivered).

I assume that the phone is working still isnt it?
Old 30th June 2012, 11:26   #4694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I am actually going to replace a friend's 3GS glass as soon as i return to Bangalore next week. Both the front and back has crashed due to a bad fall. I bought the front glass + digitizer + back cover too on ebay (not yet delivered).

I assume that the phone is working still isnt it?
Let me know how it goes. The phone still works, not a bad crash..just half a inch crack on the display, rest on the border.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:09   #4695
Senior - BHPian

Quick query on app store. I brought a paid app recently. Now even when I try to install a free app or update, it's asking for payment details. Removing the cc details didn't help. What to do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks