Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 15:12   #4696
F50
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
It's a hardware issue and not a software issue. Not uncommon. wifi antenna might have become loose. Press the area near the camera. Gently but firmly. Helps to press from front and back at the same time. Use your fingers and thumb rather than a mechanical object.

If this doesn't solve it then you'd have to open it up and get the wifi asy changed. The whole contraption is so bloody small. I have one open in my drawer and it's like humpty dumpty. Can not put it back together again.
I tried that but it didn't work.

I tried calling few guys who fixes iPhone but all said it cannot be fixed. Does anyone know who is good at fixing iPhones especially Mumbai?
Old 11th July 2012, 20:58   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
Does anyone know who is good at fixing iPhones especially Mumbai?
Cell city, 4 bangla. That's the guy I go to.
Old 12th July 2012, 08:33   #4698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Quick query on app store. I brought a paid app recently. Now even when I try to install a free app or update, it's asking for payment details. Removing the cc details didn't help. What to do?
Are you sure it's asking payment details? Apps require authentication before install/ upgrade so it may well be only that.
Old 12th July 2012, 10:55   #4699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Quick query on app store. I brought a paid app recently. Now even when I try to install a free app or update, it's asking for payment details. Removing the cc details didn't help. What to do?
Yes, even for a free app, the store asks for payment details and you even get a receipt of 0.00$ for that purchase.

The iPhone Thread-apple_receipt_free.jpg

For upgrades, you do need to login with your iTunes Store id, but you are not asked about payment details directly. Anyways, since you've logged in, they will know your payment details.

Starting iOS 6.0, you will no longer be asked for authentication while upgrading an app.
Old 12th July 2012, 11:31   #4700
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Cell city, 4 bangla. That's the guy I go to.
Can you PM me his number? Are you sure he'll solve wifi hardware issues because many said no.
Old 12th July 2012, 21:06   #4701
Senior - BHPian

Anyone else on here playing CSR Racing? I'm finding it incredibly addictive!
Old 12th July 2012, 21:09   #4702
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I have it on my phone. Maybe there is something wrong with the way I play, I did not find it exciting at all
Old 12th July 2012, 21:16   #4703
Senior - BHPian

Haha, perhaps so! All boiling down to a question of tastes and all that.

It's just that there's an awesome selection of really exotic cars to level up, choose from and upgrade. That's right up my alley!
Old 12th July 2012, 21:49   #4704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles
I Finished the game in 7 days without spending any real dollars.
Old 13th July 2012, 04:45   #4705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Let me know how it goes. The phone still works, not a bad crash..just half a inch crack on the display, rest on the border.
I was able to get the phone working. Here is all i did:
1. Got new front glass + digitizer from ebay. (10$)
2. Got a new back housing from ebay.(10$)

Both the above were bought in the US. Unfortunately, most of these guys dont ship to India.

Replacing Front glass: This is the easy part. You would need the right screwdriver to remove screws at the bottom of the phone. You would also need a suction cup (something that can stick to the front glass and which you can pull it up).
There are enough tutorials on ebay to do this. What is important is to buy the front glass + digitizer together because if you buy only the glass, then you get into problems like glueing it onto the older parts. All in all, a half hour job even for a first timer.

Replacing back cover: Now this is way more complex. The problem is that, almost every part is screwed on to the back cover, and so to replace this you would need to remove every single part of the phone. While it is still quite simple, if you go through youtube videos, i had grossly underestimated the effort involved. If you want to do it, please keep a few hours to finish it. I took about 2 to 3 hours to get this done. Perhaps, now that i know it, it may only take half hour, but the first time, you need to be very careful as there are many parts (and many many screws). I had actually used a plain sheet of paper, and marked the screws on a layout of the phone drawn on the paper.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any particular information.
Old 13th July 2012, 08:17   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I was able to get the phone working. Here is all i did:
1. Got new front glass + digitizer from ebay. (10$)
2. Got a new back housing from ebay.(10$)

Both the above were bought in the US. Unfortunately, most of these guys dont ship to India.

Replacing Front glass: This is the easy part. You would need the right screwdriver to remove screws at the bottom of the phone. You would also need a suction cup (something that can stick to the front glass and which you can pull it up).
There are enough tutorials on ebay to do this. What is important is to buy the front glass + digitizer together because if you buy only the glass, then you get into problems like glueing it onto the older parts. All in all, a half hour job even for a first timer.

Replacing back cover: Now this is way more complex. The problem is that, almost every part is screwed on to the back cover, and so to replace this you would need to remove every single part of the phone. While it is still quite simple, if you go through Youtube videos, i had grossly underestimated the effort involved. If you want to do it, please keep a few hours to finish it. I took about 2 to 3 hours to get this done. Perhaps, now that i know it, it may only take half hour, but the first time, you need to be very careful as there are many parts (and many many screws). I had actually used a plain sheet of paper, and marked the screws on a layout of the phone drawn on the paper.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any particular information.
I want only the glass to be replaced. No issues/scratches in the back cover. Also can I get the home button replaced or something? Because, I have to press it hard for once or twice to get the button work. Have issue with the volume rocker too, however I fix it with glue, it comes out.

So, can you link me to the eBay page from where you sourced ?
Old 13th July 2012, 13:40   #4707
BHPian

How much they charge to replace home button of iPhone 4 (locally.. not at Apple Store)? mine has gone kaput and needs to be pressed hard every time.
Old 13th July 2012, 18:21   #4708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010
How much they charge to replace home button of iPhone 4 (locally.. not at Apple Store)? mine has gone kaput and needs to be pressed hard every time.
I am having the same issue with my 3GS, not sure where to take it for changing the home button.
Old 13th July 2012, 18:38   #4709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I am having the same issue with my 3GS, not sure where to take it for changing the home button.

Since the topic is the home button -

Here's a phone which is iPhone in looks but with no home button, nothing
Old 13th July 2012, 18:52   #4710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Since the topic is the home button -

Here's a phone which is iPhone in looks but with no home button, nothing
OT:

Sunil, you're a anti-iPhone fella! you should be banned from this thread

Most Viewed