Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 12:55   #4771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
Does anyone know if the aircel plan includes some voice and text or is it data only?
Yes. It includes voice and text apart from unlimited data. You have two options, one with 3g and one with 2g alone.
Old 26th July 2012, 13:54   #4772
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Its applicable even for android. Rather only on nokia phones we can download yt videos AFAIK. On android its not allowed despite the number of apps existing for the same but doesnt work.

@Rahulkool yes those are there but it can be of serious inconvenience to an iPhone user who has only one phone and travels around the world. So if his phone goes kaput while in India, Apple india will not touch it at all and that poor traveller will have to either buy a phone with Microsim support or just be incommunicado for the entire period of his vacation. Here global warranty is actually beneficial.

I wont blame this on Apple US but on Apple India for such restrictive pricing and warranty policies. Is it some sort of discrimination against Indian citizens? Why cant they price their products at global prices? Premium premium premium.
I know mate, it can be a big headache. The reason behind this given to me by apple employee was they don't have any apple owned store in India. They don't repair any iphone here in India, all of them are replaced with new or used units. Once the Apple owned store is open here they will start taking iphone also for warranty. He also told me that by september this year there will be 1-2 Apple open, lets see how much truth in that.
Old 26th July 2012, 17:00   #4773
Senior - BHPian

I don't think that will be happening any time soon. Apple doesn't want to enter through a third party and the current fdi rules state that at least 30% of goods sold must be from india which i don't think apple qualifies for.

Apple knows that india has a lot of potential but doesn't want to come in directly till the rule is changed.
Old 26th July 2012, 17:07   #4774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
3.6K is not a bad price, actually. If you want to compare, ask around at National Market.
Thanks... I'll go ahead with irepair given that I get a warranty of 6 months.
Old 26th July 2012, 22:36   #4775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Regarding this Aircel proviging 3gs for cheap; now ive a feeling they are bringing in refurbished handsets at lower prices and selling them to unsuspecting Indian customer.
Anyone share the same view?
It says manufactured May 2012 plus the packaging is shrink wrapped in full retail packaging with an MRP sticker of INR 20,900 on it.

Refurbished IOS devices typically come in all white unmarked packaging and an "Apple Certified" sticker on them.
Old 27th July 2012, 09:29   #4776
Senior - BHPian

And they're fully unlocked right?
Old 27th July 2012, 10:31   #4777
BHPian

Is the twitter app crashing for any one? For the last two days the official twitter app is crashing after 2 seconds of opening. Even when I receive a mention, I slide to view, 2 seconds, back to home screen. Is any one else also facing the issue? I tried bringing the multi tasking thing and manually closing the app too. Didn't help. I am on the latest iOS and the latest twitter update too.
Old 27th July 2012, 12:36   #4778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan
Is the twitter app crashing for any one? For the last two days the official twitter app is crashing after 2 seconds of opening. Even when I receive a mention, I slide to view, 2 seconds, back to home screen. Is any one else also facing the issue? I tried bringing the multi tasking thing and manually closing the app too. Didn't help. I am on the latest iOS and the latest twitter update too.
Nope the app is stable but twitter itself was undergoing outages. However the app did not crash dang only the links were not shown, try to update the app to latest version.

Cheers!
Old 27th July 2012, 13:27   #4779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
And they're fully unlocked right?
Yes, the 3GS sold by Aircel is fully unlocked.

Total damage: Rs. 9999 + Rs. 3000
Old 27th July 2012, 17:15   #4780
Senior - BHPian

Picked it up today. Got a black one, 8GB. Did anyone get a white one?
Old 27th July 2012, 17:48   #4781
Senior - BHPian

OK...... I did a google sync and a lot of contacts that did not have numbers, but only email popped up in the contacts, needless to say, i immediately unsynced it.

All my contacts are there in google, but i only need the one with numbers to show up.

Please help.
Old 27th July 2012, 19:00   #4782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Picked it up today. Got a black one, 8GB. Did anyone get a white one?
Only 8GB Black ones are being manufactured now. It's the only one available even on the Apple Online store in the US.

I checked with Aircel as well.
Old 31st July 2012, 18:38   #4783
BHPian

A freind bought 4S yesterday from a delhi dealer. However, there were issues with Sound quality as compared to an Ipod. Apple support confirmed it to be a defect. Retailer has agrred to replace the unit. However , they said it will take 7 days to replace ( "we dont have stock of replacement units" ).. whereas i could see new phones avaialble at the shop. Are repalcement units different to new units. ? Would my friend be given a re-furbished unit ? Is this delay in repalcement common ?
Old 31st July 2012, 18:53   #4784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
A freind bought 4S yesterday from a delhi dealer. However, there were issues with Sound quality as compared to an Ipod. Apple support confirmed it to be a defect. Retailer has agrred to replace the unit. However , they said it will take 7 days to replace ( "we dont have stock of replacement units" ).. whereas i could see new phones avaialble at the shop. Are repalcement units different to new units. ? Would my friend be given a re-furbished unit ? Is this delay in repalcement common ?
When I got my iPhone replaced (in Singapore), the packaging was different from original packaging. I checked if its a refurbished piece and the sales agent confirmed that it is a new piece. He also mentioned that many people ask this question looking at the package. He sounded genuine, and my phone is working fine
Old 31st July 2012, 19:49   #4785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
When I got my iPhone replaced (in Singapore), the packaging was different from original packaging. I checked if its a refurbished piece and the sales agent confirmed that it is a new piece. He also mentioned that many people ask this question looking at the package. He sounded genuine, and my phone is working fine

Well i was wanting to know about DELHI .. I would never ask this question if it was Singapore.

Most Viewed