Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 12:57   #466
Team-BHP Support

vodafone has confirmed Vodafone releasing iPhone in Australia, Italy, India, and seven outher countries - Engadget
Old 12th May 2008, 13:14   #467
BHPian

8GB iPhones are available in ebay.in for 23k. Any idea what the white price will be?

Also, will iPhones bought from the grey market have Apple warranty when it is launched in India?
Old 12th May 2008, 16:05   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
8GB iPhones are available in ebay.in for 23k. Any idea what the white price will be?

Also, will iPhones bought from the grey market have Apple warranty when it is launched in India?
8Gb iPhones can be obtained from Cochin for around 20 - 23K. I doubt that you will get an Apple warranty without an active cellular service.

On another note, it seems that SingTel is also going to release iPhones in India, through Bharti Airtel. (from Engadget)

Last edited by srijit : 12th May 2008 at 16:06. Reason: spelling
Old 12th May 2008, 17:10   #469
BHPian

It will take a while for Singtel to distribute iphones through Bharti in India , as of now they have the acquired the rights for Singapore only. iphones will officially enter India only through Vodafone atleast for the next one year.
Old 12th May 2008, 20:58   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
It will take a while for Singtel to distribute iphones through Bharti in India , as of now they have the acquired the rights for Singapore only. iphones will officially enter India only through Vodafone atleast for the next one year.
Hi, could you please gimme source on this info?
This is what Engadget had to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engadget.com
Singapore Telecommunications (aka SingTel) announced that it's secured agreements to distribute the iPhone in Singapore (on SingTel Mobile) and its partly-owned subsidiaries in Australia (on Optus), India (on Bharti Group), and the Philippines (on Globe Telecom). Vodafone's also distributing the iPhone in India and Australia though, so we'll have to wait until later this year to find out who gets to shoot first.
They didnt mention delays though....
Old 13th May 2008, 15:38   #471
BHPian

Is the iPhone coming through Airtel as well?

Techtree.com India > News > Gadgets > Are 2 Carriers Getting iPhone to India?
Old 13th May 2008, 15:51   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Hi, could you please gimme source on this info?
This is what Engadget had to say.

I'am hiring the pilot team for Apple India for this project. Do you need a better source than that ?
Old 13th May 2008, 15:58   #473
BHPian

Well if some one really wants it, they are readily available in the black market, like alpha in mumbai. And the put them in the display in front of their shops. Isn't it illegal? and so are voda phone, airtel and police not aware of it? or they are aware but don't want to take any action.

Even other phone like black berry pearl are available and that also at half the price from the market, I don't really prefer them because they have no warranty. But they do decrease the value of my new pearl. :(
Old 13th May 2008, 23:23   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
I'am hiring the pilot team for Apple India for this project. Do you need a better source than that ?
With all due respect, yes. But I understand if you are not able to do so. Here's to a good launch. cheers:
Old 13th May 2008, 23:32   #475
Team-BHP Support

Airtel has made announcement in todays Economic Times (Bangalore edition) that its also launching Iphone by August kinds, dont remember exact dates i read.

International rumor, the processor is going to be bigger and better with 3G, Mobile TV etc etc. Lets wait till June 9th Oh yeah they are changing the shape a lil, new material and lil thinner than current version.
Old 13th May 2008, 23:53   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Todays news in Germany stated quite clearly that the iPhone will come to India through Bharti Airtel. Not Vodaphone.
Old 14th May 2008, 02:26   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Airtel has made announcement in todays Economic Times (Bangalore edition) that its also launching Iphone by August kinds, dont remember exact dates i read.

International rumor, the processor is going to be bigger and better with 3G, Mobile TV etc etc. Lets wait till June 9th Oh yeah they are changing the shape a lil, new material and lil thinner than current version.

From what reports and spyshots suggest the 3G iPhone would be a bit on the bulkier side than the current gen iphone. would also be available in white.

@sam: that is news indeed. but i wouldnt outright question the credibility of Vodafone itself when it announces that they are getting the iphone here in september?
Old 14th May 2008, 08:38   #478
Team-BHP Support

Nope the 3G is spied to be thinner and with a more rounded edges. Hope you didnt refer to gram's by bulk, that i didnt see any info.

refer iclarified they are the most reliable.
Old 14th May 2008, 10:26   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Todays news in Germany stated quite clearly that the iPhone will come to India through Bharti Airtel. Not Vodaphone.
What?!! Source please?

ps: The reason that I am always asking for sources, is that I am kinda an Apple nut and want to add good sources to my RSS feed reader. No offence to anyone intended
Old 14th May 2008, 13:31   #480
BHPian

Some news from here
MacNN | "Largest" iPhone rollout set for India: 20,000 stores

Quote:
The iPhone, priced at 23,000 Rs (about $545), will be targeted at ‘high-end’ mobile phone users whose monthly bills exceed of 1,000 Rs (about $23), the report said.
They even quoted a price!

Most Viewed