Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 12:32   #4861
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
The issue hasn't come back again for a while now. But, whatever I read on Apple forums and heard from iPhone owners, the issue is highly likely to surface again, which is annoying.

I am a huge fan of Apple products and this is the last thing I expected from them. People talk about this issue on the official Apple forum as if its one of the standard feature on the iPhone.

Infact I was so frustrated with this problem last week, that I actually went to Samsung and Nokia showrooms to checkout S3 and Lumia. But, its impossible to be impressed (IMHO) by any other handset now.
Faced the same problem as I had to get an aditional phone for office use. Used all the samsung/nokia phones and just could not get myself to buy anything in the less than 20k market. I tried each and every android and windows phone and te only one I liked was the Samsung Omnia windows phone, more for its size and screen, than its features. Finally after 2 months of putting it off, my back up phone gave up and I had to make a choice. SUrprise, surprise, a Nokia E5 @ 9k was what I finally bought and for office use its terrific. It does not have great FB/twitter features and all the extra jazz that most phones come with now days. All its got is a good contact management system, decent email, extremly good maps application and a decent browser.

But like I said, not a single phone other than the Omnia impressed me at the sub 20k mark and thats just sad. The SIII and HTC One X were quite decent, but way above the budget for an office phone.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:38   #4862
Senior - BHPian

Any one using DLNA to render your iPhone Photos/Videos to Internet TV.
I am currently using iMediaShare Lite (Super fast and Good) & MediaConnect (Not Working most of the time) free Apps with Sony EX520 TV.
Is there any other Apps which is used for this kind of work.
Old 28th August 2012, 13:03   #4863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik
Any one using DLNA to render your iPhone Photos/Videos to Internet TV.
I am currently using iMediaShare Lite (Super fast and Good) & MediaConnect (Not Working most of the time) free Apps with Sony EX520 TV.
Is there any other Apps which is used for this kind of work.
Using the same thing here for the same Bravia but I found a better solution; waiting for my Apple Tv to arrive next month
Old 28th August 2012, 13:09   #4864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Using the same thing here for the same Bravia but I found a better solution; waiting for my Apple Tv to arrive next month
Hahaha, i too ordered one and will be reaching in a week.
Old 28th August 2012, 13:49   #4865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
This a known issue with all iphones. After some time the home button becomes faulty and does not work....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
After trying all sorts of ideas, the Home key refused to work. That was until today morning, when it suddenly started working as if nothing had ever happened to it and it was my nightmare.

I also used the 'Reset All Settings' option and after rebooting itself, the Home button was working fine for a few minutes before it went into slumber again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Taking to the service center is the best thing. I have an IPad that has the same issue. I am wondering how to convince the service guys, as it works 95% of the days. Very rarely it stops working, and it only works after a few minutes.

However, on the iPad the Home button action can be accomplished by a gesture - which you cant do with the iphone.

A friend of mine has a similar issue, and he found that every time he charges his phone, the issue is very highly reproducible right after removing it from charge. See if you too have a similar pattern..?
I too had this home button issue for my iphone 4. Sometimes, out of the blue, it just stops working. I have spent weeks reading through every forum and trying all workarounds and re-calibration. After months of analysis of pattern of occurrence of this problem, below is my conclusion.

Root cause: This is indeed a hardware issue. It has got to do something with the way you connect or pull out a cable for charging/syncing. Hence people see this happening after they charge the phone and remove it.

Solution:
Plug in a data cable to the phone. It need not be connected at the other end. Then, hold the phone with the front facing you and the cable connected below it, and pull the plastic part of the data cable that is just outside the phone (the hard part) towards you. The idea is to give the bottom of the metallic tongue (inside the hole where you plug in the data cable) a slight forward push .

This technique has worked for me every time I had the issue. Please try it out and let me know the results. And next time you plug in or pull out a data cable, take care to pull is vertically down.
Old 5th September 2012, 20:26   #4866
Senior - BHPian

iPhone 5 Launch is coming close guys.

Apple has sent out invites for an event on September 12
Quote:
Name:  120904045011appleiphone5invitationstorytop.png
Views: 971
Size:  30.2 KB

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Apple announced Tuesday that it has scheduled an event for Sept. 12, at which it is widely expected to introduce a new iPhone.

The highly anticipated event will likely feature the long-awaited unveiling of the iPhone 5. The invitation sent to the press features a prominent "5" as the shadow cast by the "12," signifying the event's date.

Source
Old 7th September 2012, 00:50   #4867
BHPian

Looking for a reliable but economical (too much to ask?) iPhone repair shop/guy in Bangalore. Would like to get a couple of hardware issues sorted out (home button, vibration). Should be able to change parts if needed.

Names, addresses and phone numbers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Vineet

PS: On a related note, will the Apple store guys listen to you if your iphone is 13 months old and just started having hardware issues?
Old 7th September 2012, 02:09   #4868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani
Looking for a reliable but economical (too much to ask?) iPhone repair shop/guy in Bangalore. Would like to get a couple of hardware issues sorted out (home button, vibration). Should be able to change parts if needed.

Thanks in advance!
Vineet

PS: On a related note, will the Apple store guys listen to you if your iphone is 13 months old and just started having hardware issues?
Try iRepair.in . I have had some good experience with them on my iPhone and iPod.
Old 7th September 2012, 03:12   #4869
BHPian

Thanks, will call them and see what they have to say.

Any other inputs are also welcome.

Thanks!
Old 7th September 2012, 15:42   #4870
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone here use some software on their iPhones to track fuel mileage of their cars ? I use Fuel Log on my android phone - i am looking for a similiar good software for my wife's iphone.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:15   #4871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Does anyone here use some software on their iPhones to track fuel mileage of their cars ? I use Fuel Log on my android phone - i am looking for a similiar good software for my wife's iphone.
I use VehiCal. Tracks fuel and other misc expenses for the cars as well.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:35   #4872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post

Thanks in advance!
Vineet

How about the Authorised service centre? They are pretty well trained, at least in hyderabad but then you can expect the same in Bangalore. Is your phone covered under Apple Care? They will do it for free if it is covered.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:44   #4873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Try Road Trip

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road-...298398207?mt=8

Prajwal
Old 8th September 2012, 15:26   #4874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
I use Pocket Garage. It computes mileage, keeps a fuel log and also sends alerts on upcoming service schedules, etc.
Old 12th September 2012, 23:04   #4875
Senior - BHPian

Iphone 5 out. Live here:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/a...ne-5-liveblog/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks