Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 16:36   #5371
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
The price of the 16GB variant of Apple iPhone 4S is currently at Rs 38,500.
I think its unlikely the prices will be slashed again once the 5 launches, given that the prices have been slashed twice already (44500->41500->38500).

Times of India link
You are right about 38,500/- price. However, I was told by the Apple store person that they are expecting even further reduction after IP5 is actually available off the shelf. This 38.5k price tag is for a while. Hope he is right.
Old 29th October 2012, 20:36   #5372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
You are right about 38,500/- price. However, I was told by the Apple store person that they are expecting even further reduction after IP5 is actually available off the shelf. This 38.5k price tag is for a while. Hope he is right.
When iPhone 4 was launched in India, it was already a 1 year old phone in US. In India it was launched at a price starting 35,000. Looking at this trend IMO iPhone 4S should also see a price reduction around the same figures once iPhone 5 is launched in India!
Old 29th October 2012, 22:05   #5373
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu

for iPhone 5 white to be collected at UB city on 2nd. 45500/- is the price. m.
Is this price for 16GB?
Old 29th October 2012, 22:33   #5374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Is this price for 16GB?
Yes. Priced on par with the 4S 16GB on Airtel Shop. A shocker pricing indeed

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1102
Size:  177.6 KB

Airtel Shop

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 29th October 2012 at 22:35.
Old 30th October 2012, 06:52   #5375
BANNED

Good pricing no doubt. But why I dont like I 5 is the fact that all the connectors etc are different from 4S and hence, wont fit on my sound dock and one has to use different chargers etc etc.
Irritating.

Hence Ive ordered 4S 32GB off the TRADUS site for 43500/-. Will get it in another week or so I think.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Yes. Priced on par with the 4S 16GB on Airtel Shop. A shocker pricing indeed

Attachment 1007688

Airtel Shop
Old 30th October 2012, 08:40   #5376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I was told by the Airtel staff that the nano SIM's will be out this week. I hope they have made adequate arrangement's for these nano SIM's, just hope we don't end up with the phones in hand but wouldn't be able to use it because there are no nano SIM's around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Now have to contact Airtel to arrange for the nano sim. Already I have a chopped regular sim to micro sim, don't want to risk another chop job. Moreover it's almost a decade old sim.
FYI - All retailers (airtel shops & third party) have the nano sims - all three operators. Just got myself an airtel prepaid sim over the weekend. As for the micro sim, even the golden part is slightly bigger than the nano sim, so wouldn't recommend the chopping option.

Works perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
To all those who are going in for iP5. Better put on some protective gear the moment you take the phone out of its wraps. I'm talking with the anodised portion in mind.
Sorry for a naive question - which part is the anodised portion?
Anyway, have ordered for a gadgetshieldz full body skin for the phone.

Another naive question (pardon a newbie apple fellow here) - how does one figure if the phone is locked/unlocked? I'm able to use the Airtel sim without any issues.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 30th October 2012 at 08:47.
Old 30th October 2012, 08:57   #5377
BHPian

Quote:
Another naive question (pardon a newbie apple fellow here) - how does one figure if the phone is locked/unlocked? I'm able to use the Airtel sim without any issues.
If you are able to see Airtel logo and you are able to make and receive phone calls without any issues then your phone is unlocked.

One more way to check is change the sim to vodafone or some other provider and then also in unlocked phone you should be able to make and recieve calls.

On a side note I have ordered iphone5 with At&t .
Though the phone costs only 199$ but the cheapest plan is 70$ per month and 2 year committment.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th October 2012 at 10:01. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 30th October 2012, 10:23   #5378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
FYI - All retailers (airtel shops & third party) have the nano sims - all three operators. Just got myself an airtel prepaid sim over the weekend. As for the micro sim, even the golden part is slightly bigger than the nano sim, so wouldn't recommend the chopping option..
Will be going to store today to check since the customer care has no worthwhile info.

As far as cutting the gold/terminal part, its ok since what matters sits in the center and a lil bit off the terminal doesnt make a difference. When i cut the original SIM i had to chop off lil bit of metal part. Now since this is very old SIM am not sure it will survive one more chop, but if you have one of the newer sim with smaller contacts you can definitely chop it to nano sim
Old 30th October 2012, 10:46   #5379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
If you are able to see Airtel logo and you are able to make and receive phone calls without any issues then your phone is unlocked.
Thanks. A friend also mentioned connecting the phone to iTunes should be a confirmation of the same. But I guess this should do.

Quote:
As far as cutting the gold/terminal part, its ok since what matters sits in the center and a lil bit off the terminal doesnt make a difference. When i cut the original SIM i had to chop off lil bit of metal part. Now since this is very old SIM am not sure it will survive one more chop, but if you have one of the newer sim with smaller contacts you can definitely chop it to nano sim
Oh, is that so. Then let me rephrase my previous post. The shop keeper used an instrument (looks like a stapler) to cut one of the new sims that had a smaller (gold) area as compared to micro sims. He told me these are "nano" sims - I believed him thinking the smaller contact area must be for nano-sim dimensions only.

Anyway the sim works, and fits perfectly in the phone. I'm happy with that solution.
Old 30th October 2012, 11:12   #5380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Thanks.
====
Anyway the sim works, and fits perfectly in the phone. I'm happy with that solution.
Yup those are called SIM cutters, i picked up one for iPhone 4, to convert regular SIM to Micro sim. Now they have for nano sim also

Micro sim one costed me about 700 bucks from ebay.
Old 30th October 2012, 11:54   #5381
Senior - BHPian

People going for iPhone 5 and even existing owners of iPhone 4S, here's an useful and innovative phone case for you.

http://ready-case.com/

Watch the demo video.
Old 30th October 2012, 14:01   #5382
BHPian

Airtel has launched the iphone5 here starting at 45k rupees.

http://www.thepunditreport.com/2012/...one-5-now.html
Old 30th October 2012, 16:54   #5383
Team-BHP Support

Just got a call from Airtel asking me if i would like to place an order for nano sim, have confirmed the same and the executive has informed that it will be delivered to me soon. This is a relief, meanwhile the case which i ordered yesterday was also delivered.

Mighty impressed with dailyobjects.com !
Old 30th October 2012, 18:43   #5384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mighty impressed with dailyobjects.com !
Great! You had to share this website, didn't you! Now I am going to splurge on this website for sure.

Btw I just bought a case skin from gadgetshieldz. Anyone tried this product before?
Old 30th October 2012, 22:21   #5385
BANNED

I got my iphone 4S delivered today. No problem with the delivery etc. Sealed package. Import from the US.

Rs 43500/- all inclusive.

Kept getting status reports from Tradus.in from the seller ibhejo. All in all a good experience.

Managed to sync all contacts through phonecopy.com

Am yet unable for some reason to set up the wi fi because I cannot type anything into the settings page under network. It refuses to sync onmy other apple devices via bluetooth too. Maybe I am doing something wrong here!

However, it is a delicious machine and I have immediately placed those screen protectors and rear side protectors on it. Also invested in a good quality hard case or holder for it.

Am very pleased with it largely because the touch interface is fantastic compared with the N8 and I am finally on the apple eco system entirely!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks