Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 21:56   #5956
BANNED

Re: The iPhone Thread

Hey Guys, what do you think of an iPhone 4 8GB(New) for 18K ?

I believe it is the most idiot proof smartphone around and very slick to operate and easy to use. Is any of the smoothness affected by the iOS6 updates(like the 3GS and 3G which got slower after updates?)
Old 7th June 2013, 22:52   #5957
BHPian

^ that depends on who the user of the phone is and how much of apps are you going ot use on it. These days the apps are getting heavier in size and resource hungry so if you are into using a lot of apps (heavy games, etc) I would rather go in for the 4S and 16gb.

But if you are a normal user with a lil surfing, normals apps, etc that you can for it. Mind you, of the 8GB only 6gb will be usable which you will tend to use it when you will start spending more time with the phone and download more no of app.

Ofcourse as you mentioned not too sure of the performance you will get post upgrading to IOS 7 (expected)
Old 7th June 2013, 22:58   #5958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

I believe it is the most idiot proof smartphone around and very slick to operate and easy to use. Is any of the smoothness affected by the iOS6 updates(like the 3GS and 3G which got slower after updates?)
I don't think 8GB is nearly enough, but that's just me. even 16GB wouldn't be enough if you want to use the phone freely. There's so many apps, so much music you might want to carry, so many photos/videos you can take/store. 8GB won't even begin to cover it!

As for performance of iOS6 on the iPhone 4, I haven't got a clue, but this guy seems pretty positive about it.

It all depends on how you'll use it really. How much content are you going to load onto it? Personally, I wouldn't go for it because I love gaming on the go and taking pics/occasional videos.
Old 7th June 2013, 23:17   #5959
BHPian

Has anyone downloaded the ios 6.1.3 update?
Does it work properly? Any bugs?

Might is an ipod touch 4g 16 gig btw.
Old 7th June 2013, 23:21   #5960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The 4 is not flying fast with ios6, and 8GB is nowhere near adequate. I suggest you get the 4S 16gb atleast. There are a lot of sparingly used 4S available at the same price. get one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Has anyone downloaded the ios 6.1.3 update?
Does it work properly? Any bugs?

Might is an ipod touch 4g 16 gig btw.

Please dont. many (including me) are facing wifi and bluetooth issues faced with this one.
Old 8th June 2013, 07:59   #5961
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

iPhone is indeed the most user-friendly smartphone, but I feel 18K for a 2 generation old phone is a bit too high. And as others mentioned, 8GB will get used up pretty fast as the newer applications are quite heavy. Another point to note is, the camera is pretty average if compared with the 4S or 5.
Old 8th June 2013, 08:28   #5962
BANNED

If bought, it would be mostly used by my mom only, for Web browsing, and regular phone usage (text, calls), so the storage isn't an issue, I am more concerned about the lab that creeps up with new updates. Are any iPhone 4 users experiencing something like that?

Also, the difference between the 4 and 4s is about 12k, which is quite big.
Old 8th June 2013, 09:36   #5963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If bought, it would be mostly used by my mom only, for Web browsing, and regular phone usage (text, calls), so the storage isn't an issue, I am more concerned about the lab that creeps up with new updates. Are any iPhone 4 users experiencing something like that?

I've a iPhone 4 16GB and my wife has an iPhone 4 8GB. Both are running iOS 6.1.3 with no issues.

edit: and I recently bought an iPhone 4 8GB for my Dad, also running 6.1.3. The reason I bought the iPhone for him was that he'll find the Windows and Android based phones a bit too complex (Dad isn't very tech savvy).

Last edited by IronH4WK : 8th June 2013 at 09:45.
Old 8th June 2013, 09:52   #5964
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

I've a iPhone 4 16GB and my wife has an iPhone 4 8GB. Both are running iOS 6.1.3 with no issues.

edit: and I recently bought an iPhone 4 8GB for my Dad, also running 6.1.3. The reason I bought the iPhone for him was that he'll find the Windows and Android based phones a bit too complex (Dad isn't very tech savvy).
Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks a lot.

so, are u playing Real Racing 3 On that?
Old 8th June 2013, 10:23   #5965
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Well in that case the iPhone 4 would do the job. I had used the 4 for a while after the launch of 5, and did not find any issues with the iOS updates. There was absolutely no drop in performance as well. Just that some of the new features were applicable only for 4S and 5 (e.g.; panorama photo option).

But if your requirements are as mentioned above, why to spend 18K on an iPhone? A few months back I bought a Nokia Asha 311 for my mom. Decent touchscreen, easy to use, and have wifi/3G as well. And it probably cost less than 1/3 of an iPhone 4.
Old 8th June 2013, 10:51   #5966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so, are u playing Real Racing 3 On that?
yep, very much doesn't have the richness of the graphics as in iPhone 5, but i can make do with that
Old 8th June 2013, 12:52   #5967
Senior - BHPian

I am not able to send/receive my office emails through my phone while i am connected to airtel 3G network, but it works fine when i connect to the Wifi network @ home .
I have tried a network reset on the phone and after that it worked for sometime, but its again back to square one.
Not sure where the problem is.
I think it could be something related to phone, as mail's works fine when i am on the Wifi .

Any pointers please .

Cheers
Old 8th June 2013, 13:06   #5968
Senior - BHPian

^ Are you connecting to Exchange server? Are you able to setup your account when on 3G?
Old 8th June 2013, 13:12   #5969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I am not able to send/receive my office emails through my phone while i am connected to airtel 3G network, but it works fine when i connect to the Wifi network @ home .
Are you able to connect to the net using other apps or browser on your 3G?

Go to settings->general->network
1. ensure that mobile data is on
2. Ensure that Enable 3G is on

If they are already ON, toggle them once and try.
Let us know if this works.
Old 8th June 2013, 13:34   #5970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^ Are you connecting to Exchange server? Are you able to setup your account when on 3G?
Yes its an exchange server.
Quote:
Are you able to setup your account when on 3G?
I don't think so . But i was able to send and receive email for sometime over the 3G network.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks