Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 16:12   #6316
BHPian

My phone is getting hanged while making a call. It's happening almost 4 out of 10 times. Running IOS 7 on ip5.
Old 21st September 2013, 16:31   #6317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
This is strange, iam experience totally opposite of this, have you updated Facebook app, they have completely resigned it. I'am not facing any sort of lag or app crash.
Yep, updated it, still crashes ~2/10 times while trying to see a pic or posting a comment.

Hope to see a 7.0.2 soon.
Old 21st September 2013, 17:11   #6318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Swipe delete not working
You have to swipe left now instead of right to delete.
Old 21st September 2013, 17:47   #6319
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

IOS 7 bug that let's intruder's bypass passcode lock to access photo's, social media & email.
Old 21st September 2013, 17:53   #6320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
Anyone facing battery issues with the new iOS 7. I'm running ios7 on an iPhone 5 and am definitely noticing lower battery life. Maybe it's because I'm playing too much with the phone trying to discover new features .

Anyone with similar feedback on battery life around?
In fact, I feel my battery life has increased post the upgrade. I have turned off background refresh except for couple of apps. And I keep my data off always unless I need to check something during travel. This used to be a major batter drainer during my early days. I have wifi on always though. Check if you have updated all the apps to start with.
Old 21st September 2013, 19:49   #6321
BHPian

I think it's best not to update after going through all these posts. I just used my friends i5 and find the interface totally changed in terms of viewing. Certain features like swiping from bottom to top pulls out the torch, calculator etc. but the most important Ringtones all seems to have been changed in iOS7. My favorite ringtone MARIMBA now sounds different in this OS. Maybe after all the issues are solved it might be worthwhile to update to this OS.
Old 21st September 2013, 20:50   #6322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
the earlier UI seemed better.
This is exactly why I don't want to update. The earlier UI felt more 'genuine' when compared to the Chinese replicas of the iPhone.

Some would say that the iPhone 5S is a disappointment, but Apple hasn't really had us expecting much with the 'S' releases.

The iPhone major releases (the non-S/C models) include exactly one significant improvement over the previous model. The iPhone 3G has 3G which the iPhone 1st generation didn't have. The iPhone 4 introduced the retina display. The iPhone 5 has a larger display for easier typing. The phone still lacks Bluetooth picture transfer, access to videos from folders other than the Camera Roll from apps, and setting a SOCKS proxy without having to setup a web server and upload an automatic proxy configuration script. Also, they could make the iPhone wider too (longer made typing easier by making it horizontally wider; they can do it vertically too). They also have yet to mimic Nokia's (and Palm Pre's) wireless charging and provide NFC. There are enough features for Apple to release them one-at-a-time as new models and have a dozen new phones up for sale. If you do think about the iPhone 2G (1st generation) and compare it to the current model, sure there are plenty of features to say it was a revolution).

The marketing slogans from Apple also indicate that they didn't really find anything new in the device to promote. When they launched one of the iPhone models and said it was a beautifully built device (phone body), I thought that's hardly a reason to launch a new model - they could have just launched a new case for an existing iPhone. Most iPhone users use a case anyway, so swapping a case is good enough; besides, with a case on, they don't get to admire the beautiful build.

BTW, the Chinese phones come complete with an Apple logo (they call it a cherry) and have Android running with customized icons.
Old 21st September 2013, 20:57   #6323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Swipe delete not working and editing from within a SMS conversation is cumbersome now. Battery backup has gone down slightly , may be due to the usage and the whiter backgrounds. I don't subscribe to the battery saving tips as I believe that a smartphone is for all those activities which are supposed to be turned off per those tips. Manufacturers need to find better ways of having efficient batteries put into devices. Not very happy or sad but mixed feelings. I never had mixed feelings for my "i" devices in the past 3 years, it was always positive earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
You have to swipe left now instead of right to delete.
That said, still there is no way to navigate to the previous/next message while I am inside the message, am I right? That in my opinion would have been a good feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
I think it's best not to update after going through all these posts. I just used my friends i5 and find the interface totally changed in terms of viewing. Certain features like swiping from bottom to top pulls out the torch, calculator etc. but the most important Ringtones all seems to have been changed in iOS7. My favorite ringtone MARIMBA now sounds different in this OS. Maybe after all the issues are solved it might be worthwhile to update to this OS.
I had felt like wise, when I observed battery drain to be slightly faster yesterday. But today the second day I saw it was otherwise. This in my i4. So I will reserve my comment but would say we can wait for few days before we comment if the drain rate is indeed different.
Old 21st September 2013, 23:12   #6324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
I tried the camera today and found it really responsive and faster than before
@Ironh4wk, there's one feature you will like - call blocking. Its there in Settings > Phone > Blocked.

And yes, the difference between "Mobile" and "Cellular" is British English and US English.

One feature I am loving the most is the "Moments" feature in the photos app. It sorts all photos based on time and location, making it a breeze to simply go back and see old photos.

Name:  photo.PNG
Views: 843
Size:  331.8 KB
Old 21st September 2013, 23:20   #6325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
@Ironh4wk, there's one feature you will like - call blocking. Its there in Settings > Phone > Blocked.
Yep, that was one of the main attractions I was eagerly waiting for

However, one cannot enter a new number to be blocked; you've to select from within your contacts. So, I created a contact by name Nuisance and added it to the blocked list

The iPhone Thread-image694153690.jpg

The iPhone Thread-image2823718697.jpg

The same feature is available for Messages too! Note that the contact added to one will show up on the other; I added Spam for SMS and Nuisance for callers.
Old 21st September 2013, 23:31   #6326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Yep, that was one of the main attractions I was eagerly waiting for

However, one cannot enter a new number to be blocked; you've to select from within your contacts. So, I created a contact by name Nuisance and added it to the blocked list
I read somewhere that you can simply create a single contact and keep adding multiple numbers to that. The only thing you have to do is add that contact again to the blocked list. That way you can maintain all blocked numbers in a single contact called Nuisance
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:17   #6327
Senior - BHPian

there seems to be a bug which allows access to your contacts, photos, mails and social networks. so until a fix is provided, don't let your phone lying around for other people to access.
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:18   #6328
BHPian

This was waiting to happen, no?
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:03   #6329
BHPian

As per Apple's press release, over 9 million iPhones were sold during first weekend. Highest ever for any iPhone model so far.

Industry expectation was any where between 5 million to 7.75 million.
Old 25th September 2013, 09:09   #6330
BHPian

Finally, Apple will start honoring iPhone 5 warranty in India if it's bought from US. You can also opt to buy AppleCare+ for $99 for two more years extended warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-142182.jpg  

Most Viewed