Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2013, 17:44   #6526
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Howdy Folks!

Need a recommendation for a good case. For the iPhone 5S.

Looking for cases that are soft, and won't scratch the aluminium on the sides.

Leather is not my preferred choice, and would prefer to avoid something that adds a massive bulk to the phone.

Any pointers? Price is not too much of a concern, as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The cases made by Apple for the 5S are not available yet, so looking for a temporary case.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Please check this link:

http://www.dailyobjects.com/apple-ac...r-screen-guard
Old 10th November 2013, 16:00   #6527
BHPian

Quote:
Howdy Folks!

Need a recommendation for a good case. For the iPhone 5S.

Looking for cases that are soft, and won't scratch the aluminium on the sides.

Leather is not my preferred choice, and would prefer to avoid something that adds a massive bulk to the phone.

Any pointers? Price is not too much of a concern, as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The cases made by Apple for the 5S are not available yet, so looking for a temporary case.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
I got a Cygnett make case for iphone 4s a couple of months back from croma. There were cases for 5 also which will fit the 5s as well but make sure that the case doesn't cover the home button as the fingerprint recognition won't work. The case which i had bought for 4s covers the home button too.

The cygnett workmate case is a very sturdy case and would highly recommend the same.

Price was about 1500 bucks but got a promotional discount of Rs 500 when i had bought it.

http://www.cygnett.com/iphone/iphone...-silicone.html
Old 10th November 2013, 22:43   #6528
BHPian

How can I download garage band, I have iphone4 and am on previous IOS and the app is for 7
Old 10th November 2013, 22:59   #6529
BHPian

Quote:
Howdy Folks! Need a recommendation for a good case. For the iPhone 5S. Looking for cases that are soft, and won't scratch the aluminium on the sides.
Congrats on the 5S. Otterbox Commuter ~$35 is slim and has great reviews on Amazon. I am also a fan of Speck products. They have a popular dockable case on Amazon at the same price. iPhone repair have some cases from Gecko & CapDase online. Am not sure if all their 5 cases fit the 5S however.
Old 11th November 2013, 13:13   #6530
Senior - BHPian

Are any of the iPhone user's finding that the connection to whatsapp, viber, BBM & internet just drops frequently? Either I have to switch off cellular data and then put it back on or in worst cases I have to restart the phone to get these apps working again. I have a iPhone 5 running on IOS 7 & I have been noticing this happening for past few weeks. It started after I upgraded to IOS 7. Is it the phone, IOS 7 or Airtel?
Old 11th November 2013, 16:46   #6531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
I got a Cygnett make case for iphone 4s a couple of months back from croma. There were cases for 5 also which will fit the 5s as well but make sure that the case doesn't cover the home button as the fingerprint recognition won't work. The case which i had bought for 4s covers the home button too.

The cygnett workmate case is a very sturdy case and would highly recommend the same.

Price was about 1500 bucks but got a promotional discount of Rs 500 when i had bought it.

http://www.cygnett.com/iphone/iphone...-silicone.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Congrats on the 5S. Otterbox Commuter ~$35 is slim and has great reviews on Amazon. I am also a fan of Speck products. They have a popular dockable case on Amazon at the same price. iPhone repair have some cases from Gecko & CapDase online. Am not sure if all their 5 cases fit the 5S however.
Thanks for the responses fellas. Much appreciated!

Over the weekend, I checked out a few cases, and they were all either hideous to look at, or plain useless from any kind of a safety perspective.
I have got a temporary leather case, but it simply can't be used with the iPhone. That's like marrying a super model and dressing her up in fat jeans, a sweatshirt, and crocs.

So I've decided to wait it out and get the Apple designed case for the 5S.
It might take a while, but for now am not throwing that beautiful piece of machinery in some god-awful hideous/useless case.
Will have to be cautious and careful for the time being, but so be it.
Old 11th November 2013, 17:19   #6532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
It started after I upgraded to IOS 7. Is it the phone, IOS 7 or Airtel?
I am not sure, but i do remember reading on the Airtel thread on the forum about how many are facing dropped data connections on the Airtel network over the past few days. Could be a network issue.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:40   #6533
BHPian

Anybody facing glitches on BBM and facebook? My BBM is not showing any updates, chats and my contacts!! Facebook was crashing but just downloaded the update and is working fine now. BBM glitches on iOS is too high!
Old 11th November 2013, 19:51   #6534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Anybody facing glitches on BBM and facebook? My BBM is not showing any updates, chats and my contacts!! Facebook was crashing but just downloaded the update and is working fine now. BBM glitches on iOS is too high!
I am not able to receive any images on BBM.
More over the badge icon too is playing weird.
It always shows me that i have 12 pending notifications for BBM even if i receive only one.
Old 13th November 2013, 00:42   #6535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
I am not able to receive any images on BBM. More over the badge icon too is playing weird. It always shows me that i have 12 pending notifications for BBM even if i receive only one.
BBM on iOS is pathetic! RIM is sleeping, no updates coming too plus you can't even report the problem.
Old 13th November 2013, 10:36   #6536
BHPian

Quote:

BBM on iOS is pathetic! RIM is sleeping, no updates coming too plus you can't even report the problem.
I completely agree.
Another issue i came across on BBM was that whenever i receive a new invite, i have to restart BBM again even after accepting the invite, in order to add the new invite to my BBM contacts.

Blackberry seriously needs to work on it !
Old 13th November 2013, 11:07   #6537
Senior - BHPian

(I cannot find a dedicated Ipad thread so am posting this here. Mods - please move it if there is a more appropriate thread. If Amazon Kindle rates a separate thread so does the Ipad methinks.)

I've been using my Ipad 2 for the past couple of years. Been my trusted all purpose companion. I've used it for browsing, net transactions, music etc but the bulk of my use has been for reading. I've got 3 different reader apps (Goodreader, Kindle and ibooks) which pretty much cover all formats. And at the risk of raising some hackles, I would say that the reading experience has been just as good as e-readers and I have not felt any eye strain using it for long periods (there is no conclusive evidence that e-readers cause less eye strain) - a cousin has a Kindle Paperwhite, so yes I've experienced that as well.

I wonder if any of you would know whether it is possible to lock or hide an app or a folder on the Ipad (and no temporary solutions please)? If I wanted to password protect or hide my Goodreader app, is it possible?
Old 13th November 2013, 17:26   #6538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
It's factory unlocked. I've PMed you the details, as well as the contact info.
Hi Arunshek,

Thanks for your reply on this.

Actually my Jiju has already asked one of his office mates to get a new iphone from US when he returns in a fortnight, hence could not followup with your friend on his offer.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 13th November 2013, 20:15   #6539
BHPian

Quote:
I have not faced any glitches on BBM yet and it works like any other messaging application or even better. The only issue I noticed is my phone is not vibrating when I receive a new message, I couldn't find an option on BBM setting on the bottom right corner. Also in my phone notification centre I have kept the sound option ON for BBM and kept vibrate on silent as ON as I prefer my phone to be on silent mode 24 X 7.
I don't think it may be an issue with the application whilst I'm unaware how to handle this.

Refer the below screen shot for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-image66921940.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-image776486042.jpg  

Old 14th November 2013, 09:14   #6540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I have not faced any glitches on BBM yet and it works like any other messaging application or even better. The only issue I noticed is my phone is not vibrating when I receive a new message, I couldn't find an option on BBM setting on the bottom right corner. Also in my phone notification centre I have kept the sound option ON for BBM and kept vibrate on silent as ON as I prefer my phone to be on silent mode 24 X 7. I don't think it may be an issue with the application whilst I'm unaware how to handle this. Refer the below screen shot for reference.
I have the same issue, sometimes I get the notification sometimes I don't and even I keep my phone in vibration mode 24x7. Its a problem with BBM of not getting the notifications. Out of 10 times twice I get the notification.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks