Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 15:23   #7066
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Question - Will an iphone 6 (unlocked version) bought from singapore work in india? Is there any possibility that even an unlocked one might end up not working, here in india?
Yes, the iPhones bought from Singapore will work in India without any problem.
Old 14th September 2014, 19:35   #7067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Yes. Great move. iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S available at online retailers starting from 24k and 35k respectively. Highly VFM at this price point.
can you share which retailer is offering 5s for 35k?
Old 14th September 2014, 20:06   #7068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
can you share which retailer is offering 5s for 35k?
At Amazon.in
http://www.amazon.in/Apple-iPhone-5s...ords=iphone+5s
Old 14th September 2014, 21:56   #7069
BHPian

Hi. I just got my iPhone 5c today and looking for a good case. I prefer cases made of softer material rather than hard plastic types.

Has anyone ordered from http://www.snoogg.com/ ?

Could folks in forum please suggest some good and within 1k cases ?

Thanks.
Old 14th September 2014, 22:02   #7070
BHPian

Quote:
Question - Will an iphone 6 (unlocked version) bought from singapore work in india? Is there any possibility that even an unlocked one might end up not working, here in india?
It will work fine but forget about warranty and servicing in India. They accept only Apple India products even for paid service. I have been a victim of iPhone 4 purchased from S'pore and being denied service (not just warranty but even paid service!) in India. While the iPhone 5 I purchased in India was replaced without questions asked for a minor warranty issue. Just a heads up.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:21   #7071
BHPian

^^ Since this will be my first iphone I'm not fimiliar with the service aspect. Can you pls explain this?
As far as warranty is concerned I was under the impression that apple has a worldwide warranty. Has this changed?
Old 15th September 2014, 13:26   #7072
BHPian

Quote:
^^ Since this will be my first iphone I'm not fimiliar with the service aspect. Can you pls explain this?
As far as warranty is concerned I was under the impression that apple has a worldwide warranty. Has this changed?
Until the launch of iPhone 4S, iPhone's bought from outside India were not eligible for warranty cover in India. But IIRC from iPhone 5 onward apple has started honoring international warranty in India as well.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:29   #7073
BHPian

Quote:
The worldwide warranty is not applicable for the iPhone. That has been the case for at least 4-5 years now. You only get warranty coverage in the country of purchase so for any issues you will have to rely on third party service provider.

Last edited by Arun Venugopal : 15th September 2014 at 13:30.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:35   #7074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Until the launch of iPhone 4S, iPhone's bought from outside India were not eligible for warranty cover in India. But IIRC from iPhone 5 onward apple has started honoring international warranty in India as well.
Quoting from Warranty Link at Apple site (Included below)

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty...a-english.html

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the Apple Product.

iphone owners who bought from overseeas can confirm if they were able to receive service and raise claim under warranty in India?
Old 15th September 2014, 13:46   #7075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Quoting from Warranty Link at Apple site (Included below)

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty...a-english.html

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the Apple Product.

iphone owners who bought from overseeas can confirm if they were able to receive service and raise claim under warranty in India?
I am not sure though if this was implemented but it was in news for quite sometime that international warranty clause from iPhone 5 has changed and you can service your international iPhone in India as well.

Check the link: http://www.efytimes.com/e1/116860/Ap...or%20India.htm

May be someone who actually faced this issue with their international iPhone 5/5S/5C can confirm on this. If this is true its really good news. We can save at least 5-7K buying an iPhone from US or other countries

Mine is a iPhone 4 bought from US fortunately i never faced any major issues, but i was sure if something goes wrong ASC of apple india wont service my iPhone 4
Old 15th September 2014, 14:31   #7076
Distinguished - BHPian

My sister had an iphone 4 when she was in the UK in 2010.
When she shifted back to India in 2011, she paid a huge amount (700GBP IIRC) to get it unlocked and brought it here.
Within the warranty period, the phone screen stopped working.

The i-store guys refused to honour the warranty. Even after talking to many people they didn't agree. Finally we had to write to Tim Cook (yes, Tim Cook) to get it honoured.
He forwarded it to one more gentleman who took care of the issue till the phone was replaced by a new Indian iphone.

Recently, the new phone also gave some other small problem and again they told that since the account was in UK and they cannot service the problem
We had to write to the same gentleman who again helped us. We got a new iphone but this time it was with a charge of 10K INR.
Old 15th September 2014, 15:57   #7077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Hi. I just got my iPhone 5c today and looking for a good case. I prefer cases made of softer material rather than hard plastic types.

Has anyone ordered from http://www.snoogg.com/ ?

Could folks in forum please suggest some good and within 1k cases ?

Thanks.
These prices are only online though. Checked at the iWorld here in gurgaon yesterday. The 5s 16GB is officially priced at 40k and 5c 8GB is 29k. As per the store manager, these are limited period offers, and can be withdrawn anytime.
He had no clue on when and how much the 6 will cost though.

Had read an ET article a few days back on how Apple is giving greater margins to online retailers, and how this is upsetting the physical stores.

I am expecting the 5s/5c prices to fall a bit more, once the 6 hits our shores.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:07   #7078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
I am expecting the 5s/5c prices to fall a bit more, once the 6 hits our shores.
5C is selling for 22-23K at online stores. With the 4s now being the entry model, I doubt that the 5C will go any more cheaper than this. May be 1 or 2K at the max. However, with time say 1 year or by the time iPhone 7, it will again go near the current 4s price.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:21   #7079
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post

May be someone who actually faced this issue with their international iPhone 5/5S/5C can confirm on this. If this is true its really good news. We can save at least 5-7K buying an iPhone from US or other countries

Mine is a iPhone 4 bought from US fortunately i never faced any major issues, but i was sure if something goes wrong ASC of apple india wont service my iPhone 4
I have iphone5 bought in US. Last month when I checked with Apple stores, they said intnl warranty is not supported.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:27   #7080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
I have iphone5 bought in US. Last month when I checked with Apple stores, they said intnl warranty is not supported.
AFAIK; international warranty was started iphone 5S onwards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks