Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 00:26   #7351
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Today faced a weird problem. My phone was connected on LTE and I was getting all emails and messages over LTE. But whoever tried calling me was getting a " switched off / not reachable" message.

A network reset solved the problem , but I was not reachable on this number for close to 10 hours !

I am using an iPhone 6 64GB on Airtel
That's a known problem with Airtel 4G LTE network.
Old 28th October 2014, 06:23   #7352
BHPian

I've been using iPhone 6 plus for over a week now and have been closely monitoring the data usage. I am running on Airtel 3G in New Delhi. I had used up 2.88gb of data till yesterday evening and haven't particularly done anything out of ordinary since then. But, when I got up today morning, my data usage has shot up to 3.3gb. I checked under settings>cellular and even on my data manager app and it didn't record any such spike in data usage. My settings still show that I have consumed close to 400mb of data in past 7 days, but my Airtel app now shows that I have consumed over 800mb in the same time period. I am out of ideas in this scenario. Can anyone help me out? Would contacting the customer and raising this be a fruitful endeavour?
Old 28th October 2014, 09:42   #7353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
The 8.1 release notes did mention that user will get and option to toggle between 2ji, 3ji and 4ji. Yet to find that option after the update
Yes, this feature is back in 8.1. I lost this after upgrading from 7.x
Done upgrade to 8.1 on my iPhone5 yesterday.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 28th October 2014, 09:48   #7354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Not that I can see. I do see a option to Load Remote Images (on/off) though.
Thanks Ironh4WK, but I guess that would just prevent the mail from opening images pasted in the mail body but would still download the attachments.
Old 28th October 2014, 10:26   #7355
BHPian

Would appreciate if someone can answer my questions here..

1. How well is the iPhone 6 working with Vodafone network ?
2. Is there a 2G/3G Toggle in the latest Update ? I absolutely need it since cannot keep phone on 3G all the time.
3. Can a MicroSIM (already using in iPhone 4) be cut to make a Nano SIM or need to get a new nano SIM from Vodafone gallery ?
4. Is it needed that a SIM Card be present in the phone when it is turned on for the first time or I can setup without any SIM card (over wifi network ?) and then put a SIM once I have arranged for one ?
5. And finally, what is the best price one has managed to buy an Indian piece with warranty iPhone 6 ? I mean with some sot of discounts somewhere or cashback or anything.
Old 28th October 2014, 10:44   #7356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Yes, this feature is back in 8.1. I lost this after upgrading from 7.x
Done upgrade to 8.1 on my iPhone5 yesterday.

Thanks
Rajesh
I still think this option is network-based. Never appeared for me on iPhone 5C Airtel, still isn't on iOS 8.1. All I got is Cellular Data On/Off and LTE On/Off switch.
Old 28th October 2014, 10:51   #7357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
I still think this option is network-based. Never appeared for me on iPhone 5C Airtel, still isn't on iOS 8.1. All I got is Cellular Data On/Off and LTE On/Off switch.

Yeah it is. With iPhone 5 updated to 8.1, I got only 3G and 4G options when using in Etisalat Network in UAE. Back in home network I get 2G, 3G, LTE options on ideacellular network. When trying to turn on LTE some message appears. Guess Idea is still in the process of upgrading their network to LTE. Not sure about that part.
Old 28th October 2014, 10:56   #7358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Yeah it is. With iPhone 5 updated to 8.1, I got only 3G and 4G options when using in Etisalat Network in UAE. Back in home network I get 2G, 3G, LTE options on ideacellular network. When trying to turn on LTE some message appears. Guess Idea is still in the process of upgrading their network to LTE. Not sure about that part.
Guess its State-dependent, where LTE networks are in place, only they are getting this option. Bcos Airtel has no 4G yet in NCR. Frustrating is that I can't even toggle between 2G and 3G bcos of this! (sometime required to save battery and still receive msgs). LTE off keeps me on 3G.
Old 28th October 2014, 22:34   #7359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post

I don't think so. I am using Vodafone connection and while I was in iOS 7.x the toggling was available but 8.0 it was not. Now in 8.1 it came back. If this is network specific why it was not there in 8.0...?
Old 29th October 2014, 17:29   #7360
Senior - BHPian

Didn't I tell ya'll there was something fishy about to the WiFi after the iOS 8 update! 8.1 hasn't fixed the issue either. Let me show you.

WiFi speeds with Cellular Data enabled:
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414583450.821387.jpg

WiFi speeds with the Cellular Data disabled:
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414583468.155607.jpg

Have checked the speeds on my wife's 5S running iOS 7.1.2 with and without enabling Cellular Data and it was consistent with the actual broadband speed.
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414583939.994578.jpg
Old 29th October 2014, 21:24   #7361
Senior - BHPian

Came across this in Rcom website. Is this scheme from Reliance available in every city? Has anyone tried it out? The BUY NOW link isn't working and there is a misprint in the scheme!

The iPhone Thread-capture.png

Source: http://shop.rcom.co.in/mobile-iphone#

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 29th October 2014 at 21:25.
Old 29th October 2014, 23:50   #7362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Came across this in Rcom website. Is this scheme from Reliance available in every city? Has anyone tried it out? The BUY NOW link isn't working and there is a misprint in the scheme!

Source: http://shop.rcom.co.in/mobile-iphone#

Reliance (RCom) is closing their Dealerships One by One. Don't ever think of opting for RCom even If you get a very sweet Deal..

And, If you've observed the name & image is of iPhone 6, but the Offer is of iPhone 5S.

RCom is waiting for Reliance Jio to be taken over. The Promoter's have had their cream of the Cake and now want to liquidate at the Cost of Customers, Shareholders, Banks etc.,

Last edited by jaaz : 29th October 2014 at 23:53.
Old 30th October 2014, 21:58   #7363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Today faced a weird problem.
=======
I am using an iPhone 6 64GB on Airtel
This is a network/tower issue, even happens in 3G and on non apple products.

1- Should work just fine.
2- It seems its sim network dependent so on a voda 3G sim, you should get the option.
3- Yes you can cut it.
4- I think you need a valid sim card.
5- No discount right now, cash back keep an eye out on various banks offer over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Would appreciate if someone can answer my questions here..

1. How well is the iPhone 6 working with Vodafone network ?
2. Is there a 2G/3G Toggle in the latest Update ? I absolutely need it since cannot keep phone on 3G all the time.
3. Can a MicroSIM (already using in iPhone 4) be cut to make a Nano SIM or need to get a new nano SIM from Vodafone gallery ?
4. Is it needed that a SIM Card be present in the phone when it is turned on for the first time or I can setup without any SIM card (over wifi network ?) and then put a SIM once I have arranged for one ?
5. And finally, what is the best price one has managed to buy an Indian piece with warranty iPhone 6 ? I mean with some sot of discounts somewhere or cashback or anything.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th October 2014 at 22:03.
Old 31st October 2014, 05:19   #7364
BHPian

The excess data usage on 3G problem is solved for me. It was an Airtel issue. They seem to have fixed it and now it shows up just fine. 😄
Old 31st October 2014, 10:17   #7365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
The excess data usage on 3G problem is solved for me. It was an Airtel issue. They seem to have fixed it and now it shows up just fine. 😄
It happens on all phones. My android had a similar issue - they showed like 1.8 GB consumption in one day just after the billing cycle started (and normal thereafter). I kept calling them everyday and finally at the month end, there was no excess consumption charged to me. But I was really cautious in that period, ready to await a blockbuster bill which never materialized!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks