Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 19:32   #7456
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
If the option to go back to settings does not appear, you could try doing a 4-finger swipe on the screen.
Thanks for this. I'm guessing this works only in Safari and other apps to 'go back' don't think it closes the app

Quote:
As a last resort, you could hit the home button twice and go to the settings app from the app tray.
This is what I did finally

Quote:
There are still some frustrating UI elements in iOS when compared to Android but even then I believe it is easier to use for a first timer.
This is what my dad told me after using the phone for 2 days. It appears less 'cluttered' according to him. What surprised me was the fluidity and the response. Its much better than my Nexus 5 with android 5.0
Old 15th December 2014, 20:28   #7457
BHPian

Any body using the iPhone6 or 6plus? What case are you using to protect it? I am confused between Rearth ring fusion and Spigen Neo series. Any suggestions?
Old 15th December 2014, 20:54   #7458
Team-BHP Support

I am using Spigen neo hybrid bumper, super sleek but unfortunately the bumper already has a crack at the silent mode switch area. Reviews say that as the only weak area for these.
Old 15th December 2014, 20:57   #7459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Any body using the iPhone6 or 6plus? What case are you using to protect it? I am confused between Rearth ring fusion and Spigen Neo series. Any suggestions?

I'm using iPhone 6 with apple silicone case. I had placed an order for Spigen Ultra Hybrid air cushion case.

As a suggestion go with the neo series. Ringke design was good on the 5, not so much on the 6
Old 16th December 2014, 08:04   #7460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
bumper already has a crack at the silent mode switch area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Ringke design was good on the 5, not so much on the 6
Ahhh!!! I was betting on Ringke and your post killed it.
So which case you recommend. Possible can i get the buying URL for the same.
Old 16th December 2014, 11:19   #7461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Ahhh!!! I was betting on Ringke and your post killed it.
So which case you recommend. Possible can i get the buying URL for the same.
I am using a Pudding case for my Iphone 6. It is a thin transparent case. The cover is soft and grips well in the hand. It came with a screen protector.
Price: INR 950/-.

Last edited by Pancham : 16th December 2014 at 11:20.
Old 16th December 2014, 14:14   #7462
Distinguished - BHPian

Is anyone experiencing reduced battery life in the iphone6 after upgrading to the latest ios 8.1.2 ?

I feel a significant drop in battery life. Called Apple India help desk and they adviced I should erase and restore the device, if it yet doesn't improve I need to take it in to the service center.

The apple rep over the phone gave me an interesting tip that once the phone battery shows 100% do not plug it out, let it charge for another 2 hours as the battery is only 80% charged when it actually shows 100%. I always plugged my phone out as it reached 100% so there is no overcharging ruining the battery. Is this tip legit?
Old 16th December 2014, 14:46   #7463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is anyone experiencing reduced battery life in the iphone6 after upgrading to the latest ios 8.1.2 ?

I feel a significant drop in battery life. Called Apple India help desk and they adviced I should erase and restore the device, if it yet doesn't improve I need to take it in to the service center.

The apple rep over the phone gave me an interesting tip that once the phone battery shows 100% do not plug it out, let it charge for another 2 hours as the battery is only 80% charged when it actually shows 100%. I always plugged my phone out as it reached 100% so there is no overcharging ruining the battery. Is this tip legit?
If I am not wrong, this is called trickle charging. My "Battery Doctor" app shows approx. 45 mins of trickle charging to "Full charge" even after the phone shows 100%. I try doing it as and when possible and have felt the battery lasts longer.

PS: I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.2.
Old 16th December 2014, 14:48   #7464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
===========
I don't find any major difference in 8.1.2.

About charging this is how it works.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion/

Quote:
It charges fast for convenience and slow for longevity.
Your Apple lithium-ion battery uses fast charging to quickly reach 80% of its capacity, then switches to slower trickle charging. The amount of time it takes to reach that first 80% will vary depending on your settings and which device you’re charging. This combined process not only lets you get out and about sooner, it also extends the lifespan of your battery.
I generally leave the device plugged in whenever i have access to power OR overnight when i sleep. Only once in a month or so i do a complete discharge intentionally.

Quote:
It makes charging easier.
Charge your Apple lithium-ion battery whenever you want. There’s no need to let it discharge 100% before recharging. Apple lithium-ion batteries work in charge cycles. You complete one charge cycle when you’ve used (discharged) an amount that equals 100% of your battery’s capacity — but not necessarily all from one charge. For instance, you might use 75% of your battery’s capacity one day, then recharge it fully overnight. If you use 25% the next day, you will have discharged a total of 100%, and the two days will add up to one charge cycle. It could take several days to complete a cycle. The capacity of any type of battery will diminish after a certain amount of recharging. With lithium-ion batteries, the capacity diminishes slightly with each complete charge cycle. Apple lithium-ion batteries are designed to hold at least 80% of their original capacity for a high number of charge cycles, which varies depending on the product.
Old 16th December 2014, 15:39   #7465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am running on iOS 8.1 (Iphone 6) and a full charge lasts 1.5 days with 3G on. Please keep us updated. I wont be updating to 8.1.2 then. On the other hand my iPad is running on iOS 8.1.2 and I have not felt any drastic difference.
Old 17th December 2014, 15:54   #7466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I am using Spigen neo hybrid bumper
Its good, but the rear apple logo is covered. I need it to show off 😜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I'm using iPhone 6 with apple silicone case. I had placed an order for Spigen Ultra Hybrid air cushion case.
How much is this apple silicone case?
Where did you source it?
Does it turn yellow like normal silicon covers?
Where did you source the spigen ultra hybrid? I am not able to get a link from Amazon.
Old 18th December 2014, 02:29   #7467
BHPian

So finally took the plunge and got the iPhone6, 64 GB. I upgraded from a 3 year 10 Months old iphone4.

Reason to get the iPhone6. It was a hard decision and more of a heart thing as 62K for a phone was something that I was not ready and equipped to pay. Plus I hardly use my phone except for as a phone and whatsapp. Android Lollipop looked nice and the only Android version that made me feel that I could handle the switch. But Android still feels overwhelming to me in terms of options available and I would like to know my phone and I dont think I have the time available to know all the Android option.

iPhone 5S looked nice and mostly upto the task. But since I like to keep phones for longer, iPhone6 with its bigger screen marked a new generation of iPhones and I wanted to start with it.

Why 64GB? I would have had the 32GB if that was available and I feel Apple should have instead of removing 32GB model should have made the 32GB as starting point for this phone since this phone comes with some heavy apps like Pages, iMovie etc pre loaded. I am sure 16GB models would not have a lot of usable memory left. So to make the phone more future proof I had to get the higher capacity version.

It was really really hard to come around the fact that I was spending 62K on a phone when I dont use it that much as I have a Macbook Pro 15 with Retina which I like to use. But in the end, heart won this battle.

Initial Impressions:
Its perfect. Its same enough to not make you overwhelmed, but has new things to keep you engaged. Found a lot of things which are new in this phone as compared to my iPhone4 with ios7. Its a joy to hold and use and the screen is gorgeous to say the least. Its blistering fast and the camera is awesome and clicks DSLR grade pics.

I am still researching the lot of Location Services options and to be honest this time around I feel even this phone have a lot of option which required me to do some reading to understand. But overall its a work of art and fits my Apple eco system also nicely.

The data from older phone was synced to the new phone in 5 mins and was seemless and the new phone became an exact replica of the old phone which was really nice and convenient.

Overall its a great phone if you can get your head around the price. But I think the hardware performs consistently well for longer in Apple in devices so it easier to use these phone for a few years helping in getting the worth.

Regards
Rachit.
Old 18th December 2014, 11:30   #7468
Senior - BHPian

Guys I need some help.
Can we sync the progress of a game stored in two different apple devices? Both the devices are logged in with the same Apple ID but show different progress each time I log in from a different device. Like in Angry Birds, I am in Level 5 (say) in my IPad and Level 1 in my IPhone.

Last edited by Pancham : 18th December 2014 at 11:31.
Old 18th December 2014, 12:34   #7469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I need some help.
Can we sync the progress of a game stored in two different apple devices? Both the devices are logged in with the same Apple ID but show different progress each time I log in from a different device. Like in Angry Birds, I am in Level 5 (say) in my IPad and Level 1 in my IPhone.
I don't think so it is possible. Unless you sync the game progress in Facebook or their cloud space. Like candy crush in Facebook and real racing in its cloud.
Old 18th December 2014, 14:40   #7470
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 8.1.2 and it definitely is snappier. While apps do not open any faster (though some of them do), the general system performance include scrolling and hick up which made the phone to stop respond have all been taken care of. Anybody facing performance issues on his/her iPhone 4s on iOS 8 should definitely upgrade. It is totally worth it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks