Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 21:17   #8011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
My iPhone 5s after updating with ios9 and running fine for couple of days, started to restart again and again showing a blue screen. Restoring through itunes too failed giving error 9. Warranty was just got over week ago. Apple service center asked for 21k to replace the phone citing some hardcore fault. Local service guy is asking 12k for motherboard replacement but touch id function won't work. Istore refused to repair it. Stuck since remake value for an year old iPhone 5s is 15 to 20k.
. . Can anybody here help to get it back to life?
Need some details.
1. Mention the exact task that leads to blue screen. Or is it stuck in an infinite loop?
2. Is the phone jail broken?
3. Updated via OTA or iTunes?

With phone off, connect to iTunes and press sleep+home buttons simultaneously. Let go after 10 seconds. Your phone is now in DFU mode. You'll get a pop up that says iTunes has detected a phone in recovery mode.

Then you can either restore or set up as new. I'll recommend setting up as new, but I assume you have backed up your data and willing to reinstall all apps from scratch.

This way if some particular app is the culprit, you can check it.
Old 28th September 2015, 21:23   #8012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
My iPhone 5s after updating with ios9 and running fine for couple of days, started to restart again and again showing a blue screen. Restoring through itunes too failed giving error 9. Warranty was just got over week ago. Apple service center asked for 21k to replace the phone citing some hardcore fault. Local service guy is asking 12k for motherboard replacement but touch id function won't work. Istore refused to repair it. Stuck since remake value for an year old iPhone 5s is 15 to 20k.
. . Can anybody here help to get it back to life?

Try doing the DFU mode restore, using different USB cables. IIRC, error 9 means a problem with the USB connections. Try a few 3rd party guys if nothing works out, i dont think the entire motherboard needs replacement, only the IC will.

OFF-TOPIC: I was in the same boat a few days ago. My sister dropped her 5S in the water. Repair has costed me 12k rupees in total. Planing to sell it off for around 18k or so. Its better than having a paperweight.
Old 28th September 2015, 22:03   #8013
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Guys, is the India warranty applicable in the USA or Canada? If my phone conks off while traveling, can I fix it abroad?
Old 28th September 2015, 22:30   #8014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Snapdeal is selling iphone 6 for 39k plus 10% cashback on SBI cards....good time to but an iPhone 6
Isnt that the 16GB Version? If yes, then its not a good deal. Brick and Mortar store will anyway sell this for 39K and it was retailing for 41K until a few days back online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Apart from online offers, what is the latest pricing for iphone 6 (64GB) in normal shops? Say Reliance, Croma etc. Somehow not willing to buy it online!
Its available at shops at 49K in Hyderabad from what someone told me last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Guys, is the India warranty applicable in the USA or Canada? If my phone conks off while traveling, can I fix it abroad?
Logically it will not be applicable as phone bought in USA will not have warranty in India. But, USA being USA, I wouldn't be surprised if they honor your phone warranty (show them the bill) as their customer service is in a different league...Another way to get out of such situations is to carry a spare phone if the Apple conks out
Old 28th September 2015, 22:41   #8015
BHPian

Snapdeal also has a decent buy back option of older phones. I am getting a quote of 4.4K for my 2 year old BB Z10. This combined with 1.5 K SBI card buyback makes it to nearly 6K discount on 39K. I might just go for it.
Old 29th September 2015, 00:18   #8016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Need some details.
1. Mention the exact task that leads to blue screen. Or is it stuck in an infinite loop?
2. Is the phone jail broken?
3. Updated via OTA or iTunes?

With phone off, connect to iTunes and press sleep+home buttons simultaneously. Let go after 10 seconds. Your phone is now in DFU mode. You'll get a pop up that says iTunes has detected a phone in recovery mode.

Then you can either restore or set up as new. I'll recommend setting up as new, but I assume you have backed up your data and willing to reinstall all apps from scratch.

This way if some particular app is the culprit, you can check it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Try doing the DFU mode restore, using different USB cables. IIRC, error 9 means a problem with the USB connections. Try a few 3rd party guys if nothing works out, i dont think the entire motherboard needs replacement, only the IC will.

OFF-TOPIC: I was in the same boat a few days ago. My sister dropped her 5S in the water. Repair has costed me 12k rupees in total. Planing to sell it off for around 18k or so. Its better than having a paperweight.
The phone was updated OTA. Tried using various cables. Same thing happens in dfu mode too. No jailbreak. Infinite restart loop started itself. Phone was idle with no internet connection.
Old 29th September 2015, 00:58   #8017
BHPian

My iPhone6 is heating up while charging. Never noticed such high temperature all over the body before upgrading last week to 9.0.1. Must be the new version or some App acting up.
Old 29th September 2015, 03:26   #8018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
My iPhone6 is heating up while charging. Never noticed such high temperature all over the body before upgrading last week to 9.0.1. Must be the new version or some App acting up.

Im facing the same issue after updating to iOS 9. And i thought i am the only one facing this issue.
Old 29th September 2015, 08:04   #8019
BHPian

I've iOS 9.1 beta on iPad. How can I move it to normal version, iOS 9.0.1?

On another note, Apple has confirmed that updated apps not transferring from iPhone/iPad to iTunes on PC/Mac is a new feature

Last edited by sa_kiran : 29th September 2015 at 08:22.
Old 29th September 2015, 09:54   #8020
Senior - BHPian

The new iphones uses SSD like storage and has SSD controller from mac, definitely a step up from emmc. More details in the link - http://anandtech.com/show/9662/iphon...minary-results
Old 29th September 2015, 11:28   #8021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I've iOS 9.1 beta on iPad. How can I move it to normal version, iOS 9.0.1?i
You can remove the beta profile from iPad and it will show 9.0.1 update.
Old 29th September 2015, 11:41   #8022
BHPian

The new iPhone is launching in India - 16th October, 2015 For more information, visit: http://www.apple.com/in/iphone/

Expected pricing? I'm guessing 55/56K for the 6S 16 GB, and 65/66K for the 6S Plus 16 GB. Additional 8-10K for each storage increment.

The iPhone Thread-launch.png

Last edited by sourav9385 : 29th September 2015 at 11:45.
Old 29th September 2015, 11:46   #8023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
The new iPhone is launching in India - 16th October, 2015 For more information, visit: http://www.apple.com/in/iphone/

Expected pricing? I'm guessing 55/56K for the 6S 16 GB, and 65/66K for the 6S Plus 16 GB. Additional 8-10K for each storage increment.
Pricing for 6S Plus would mostly start from 68k according to a insider source here in Mumbai.

Using an iPhone 6 plus 128 Gb right now, And in no way i see myself buying the 6S plus.
Old 29th September 2015, 11:51   #8024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
You can remove the beta profile from iPad and it will show 9.0.1 update.
Thanks. But, it is not so straightforward with iOS 9. I'm following this process now - http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/16/how-to...9-1to-ios-9-0/
Old 29th September 2015, 12:03   #8025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Pricing for 6S Plus would mostly start from 68k according to a insider source here in Mumbai.
If true, this is day light robbery. A phone for 68K! Top of the line 6S plus could well be close to 6 digit pricing then. For that kind of money I would rather buy a mid range android and a Macbook.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks