Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2015, 10:23   #8266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A curious question to iPhone 6, 6+ and S users :
How many times ( rough estimate) did you have to reboot your phone for any issue that you might have faced and duration that you owned the phone?
Being a jailbroken iphone 6 user, my restart frequency is slightly higher, since some mods maybe slightly unstable. But still would be a maximum of once or twice a month, since i pick my tweaks carefully.

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st November 2015 at 13:46. Reason: Please dont quote entire text for a response and also lot of paragraph spaces...concised it...thanks!
Old 21st November 2015, 14:54   #8267
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
How many times ( rough estimate) did you have to reboot your phone for any issue that you might have faced and duration that you owned the phone?

Owned : 2.5 months
Rebooted : 0 Times

Being a first time user, i am happy about it !!!
So far I don't remember rebooting the iPhones I owned (from 3Gs onwards) for any issue. Couple of weeks back tried rebooting my wife's 6 because the phone was staying in headphone mode even after removing the headphones. Rebooting did not solve the issue, but got fixed by itself by next day morning
Old 21st November 2015, 16:03   #8268
BHPian

I've had to boot many many times.
My 6 plus very often would not ring once set to vibrate mode. Only a reboot would make it find its voice again. Earlier iPhone 4 and 5s had their own issues which required frequent reboots.
Old 21st November 2015, 16:10   #8269
BHPian

I own an iPhone 6S. No reboots at all during the last one month. But, FB app behaves strangely at times and does not log out even after closing the app from background apps. Just uninstalled and using web login now.
Old 21st November 2015, 16:49   #8270
Senior - BHPian

Happy with my 5S, thank you Apple for giving extra battery life with iOS 9 update.

I hope to use it for two more years.

The iPhone Thread-img_5834.jpg

This is the maximum I got from the battery.
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:01   #8271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
That's a great observation. Is there an app available to check this?
Thanks. No idea. Since Iam new to Apple eco-system, even I am hoping someone points me to an app to track such useful things related to performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
I own an iPhone 6S. No reboots at all during the last one month. But, FB app behaves strangely at times and does not log out even after closing the app from background apps. Just uninstalled and using web login now.
When I open FB, screen is dark for 2-3 secs then FB app opens up. But, overall FB app itself has many issues and over last few months I have stopped using FB so personally for me, it doesn't matter much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
This is the maximum I got from the battery.
That does not give the correct picture. If you charge half-way "usage since last charge" is incorrect information

Is there a way to know the total number of hours the phone is used since its last charge? The charge might be fully charged or partially charged but the information has to be shown correctly

I miss my Blackberry Passport for this very reason. It used to show a beautiful graphical representation of hours/mins used since last charged irrespective of its fully or partially charged

Is there an app that gives this information in iPhone?
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:35   #8272
BHPian

Quote:
Probably 3-4 times in the whole ~2 years of use of my iPhone 5S (excludnig the reboots for software updates). Extremely happy with it. My iPhone 4 needed more reboots but the 5S has been great.
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:58   #8273
BHPian

Quote:

My data

Owned : 2.5 months

Rebooted : 0 Times

Being a first time user, i am happy about it !!!

Once or twice a week. With iOS 9.x.x releases and app releases trying to keep up with new iOS, it is frequent, off late. Primary reason is this - when I play a video on YouTube and then lock my screen, the video pauses. But one can restart it from the lock screen and shut the screen down to save battery. I just need the song on my wireless speakers. So after a while, it just pauses unless the phone is unlocked and the YouTube window is active. That's when I have to restart.

Otherwise, it's once in 1-2 months, or maybe even more.
Old 22nd November 2015, 12:25   #8274
BHPian

Guys, earlier I was able to do online banking of SBI from my iPhone and iPad. But since last one month, it shows an error message whenever I try to log. But I am able to login from a laptop or from an android device. What could be the issue? Has the update created any problems?
Old 22nd November 2015, 13:14   #8275
Senior - BHPian

Got an armor x case for my 6S, feels invincible
Attached Images

Old 22nd November 2015, 15:46   #8276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Guys, earlier I was able to do online banking of SBI from my iPhone and iPad. But since last one month, it shows an error message whenever I try to log. But I am able to login from a laptop or from an android device. What could be the issue? Has the update created any problems?

Are you using State Bank Anywhere? I've got the 9.1 update and the app is working fine. Try to delete it and reinstall it.
Old 22nd November 2015, 16:58   #8277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That does not give the correct picture. If you charge half-way "usage since last charge" is incorrect information
If you charge the iphone in between you will get a message at the bottom. The 8 hours I got is without cheating, i.e., I didn't recharge in between. See the attached picture.
The iPhone Thread-img_5870.jpg
Old 22nd November 2015, 19:13   #8278
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how do you watch downloaded torrents on iPhone? What software you use to convert. What are the steps? Thx in advance
Old 22nd November 2015, 19:16   #8279
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, how do you watch downloaded torrents on iPhone? What software you use to convert. What are the steps? Thx in advance

Download vlc for ios. Within the app, you will find instructions on how to add videos to the app. You need not do any conversion. Only problem is, a certain audio format is problematic on vlc. You can also try MX video player

Last edited by kkkkkaran : 22nd November 2015 at 19:18.
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:37   #8280
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. Once I download it could you take me through the steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Download vlc for ios. Within the app, you will find instructions on how to add videos to the app. You need not do any conversion. Only problem is, a certain audio format is problematic on vlc. You can also try MX video player

Most Viewed